Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I was on YouTube, and there's this comment saying that Obama was the antichrist. Woah, I mean I get that you don't like it, but that seems like a bit much don't ya think? Was on a Black Eyed Peas video, no relevancy either...

That bus IMO looks like a mix between the O7 NG and some other low floor, maybe the VI or Compobus without the bulgy sides.

Well at least we know it's some sort of CNG or Hybrid bus. Looks like they are staying with that. GTA IV had an Orion V CNG.

What happened to that whole "moving out of the country thing" when the guy you didn't like won? This seems like too much work for me.

Well when nearly 49% of the country doesn't like the guy, it's gonna be pretty hard to do that. Hell, I'd say let the GOP keep the middle of the country and the Democrats keep the coasts. That's pretty much the dividing point.

Passed by the Burger King on Utica and Fillmore and they are doing some construction there. Sign says a Popeyes will be there soon. Now whether this means BK is being replaced or they are further shrinking and letting Popeyes take half of the remaining space. It kinda makes sense either way because it doesn't seem very full unless it is after school lets out. Place is either dead or has a handful of people.

I'm still patient/waiting/curious to see what they're gonna turn that old white castle (by the junction) into....

But yeah, about that BK over there by the depot.... I noticed that when I went out to fan the B2 two saturdays ago.... Yup, place wasn't gettin all that much business to tell the truth (been like that for a while now), and the young chicks they had working the register (although good looking) didn't know what the hell they were doing..... Don't know how many times they were "under new management"..... When I was in high school, that BK was actually a hangout spot; seen quite a few fights in front of that place back in the day.....

Having it changed up to be a BK/Popeyes makes sense.... It works for that one over there on 5th & 86th in Bay Ridge (although I see deeper lines for popeyes in there though)...... IMO, BK's falling off anyway.... Keep it up, and Popeyes goin take over everything... Lol...

When you start seeing Popeyes in so-called "white" areas, that's rather telling..... What gets me is that the ones out in flushing (around the corner from the (7)) & the one in chinatown (over there by the manhattan bridge) stay packed.... I don't know what college/high school that is over there by the chinatown one, but those students are boisterous as all get out.... Most the time I do eat in there, b/c I'm not tryna walk the bridge chowin' down on chicken, while having to look out for bicyclists in the process.....