Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

So you're saying you have not liked at least one song you've heard in the last deacde?

IDK about him, but the Billboard Hot 100 (and other charts) has/have been meaningless since about that time(2002). And in regard to music itself, it's been fair, but I haven't been liking the mainstream for almost 15 years.

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thebest404pageever.com/swf/F40PH.swf

Just randomly searching a website and this came up...

If you want to veiw it please copy the link and post it in the address bar, when I post it music / animation plays and I don't think people would like that...

WARNING: Do not watch if you are prone to getting epilepic seizures.

Edited by 4P3607

They now close off Hudson River Park at "dusk" :rolleyes:

Last winter I remember being able to walk though there at night...

It sucks as its a really nice walk on a winter night, also another park around the Holland Tunnel was closed too :wacko:

I can't find anything on google about it, anyone know why they did that, is it because its not safe to open the park at night anymore?

If that's the case I rather they just put more camaras than outright close the park when the sun goes down.

They now close off Hudson River Park at "dusk" :rolleyes:

Last winter I remember being able to walk though there at night...

It sucks as its a really nice walk on a winter night, also another park around the Holland Tunnel was closed too :wacko:

I can't find anything on google about it, anyone know why they did that, is it because its not safe to open the park at night anymore?

If that's the case I rather they just put more camaras than outright close the park when the sun goes down.

:lol: St. Nicholas Park doesn't even close till 2AM!

There was something different about last year. A different, feel to the air. Everything was just.... Different.... Everything was.... Better...... Everything was.... New.... I could go into specifics, but that would take too long.

Well, guess what? That feeling in the air? It's back. I don't know what it is, maybe it's just the Winter, but it's back. And things are different now. I don't know how they're different yet, but it's different. Something tells me this is going to be a good year.

Shifting gears. I dont post here often but i got a rant. Why is Thanksgiving this year (2012) fall so early on the 22? I always thought it was the last Thursday in November. The last Thursday this year is Nov. 29 and thus we have a rare 5th Thursday of a month. I wonder if being celebrated this year so it's more shopping days for the Christmas/New Years Holiday season? :o And thus more $$$ for Department and Box stores.

Shifting gears. I dont post here often but i got a rant. Why is Thanksgiving this year (2012) fall so early on the 22? I always thought it was the last Thursday in November. The last Thursday this year is Nov. 29 and thus we have a rare 5th Thursday of a month. I wonder if being celebrated this year so it's more shopping days for the Christmas/New Years Holiday season? :o And thus more $$$ for Department and Box stores.

thanksgiving is always the 4th thursday in november

joe

I remember a while back, I asked why there were very few women on this board, and somebody mentioned that part of it is because men like the sound of engines roaring and trains rushing by. I think it's also the fact that early men were navigators, and so we like looking at maps more and taking routes and figuring out where to make the transfers and which direction to walk and everything.

See, I knew Holland was related to the Netherlands somehow. It's just another name for the same country: https://maps.google....Netherlands&z=7

Holland is a real old-school name. The last person who used the term (my 6th grade Science teacher [he was such a dumbass]) was under the impression the nation of Yugoslavia still existed.

Holland is a real old-school name. The last person who used the term (my 6th grade Science teacher [he was such a dumbass]) was under the impression the nation of Yugoslavia still existed.

I just realized I was thinking of the wrong term. The term I was looking for to see how it was related to the Netherlands was Arlington, not Holland. I know somewhere I heard of the word Arlington being used with some connection to the Netherlands, but when I search for the term "Arlington", I keep getting Arlington, Virginia and things like that, but nothing related to the Netherlands.

I was always wondering because the streets in the Mariners' Harbor area have a lot of Dutch names, and Arlington (both the neighborhood that's sometimes considered a subsection of Mariners' Harbor, and Arlington Avenue/Arlington Place) is definitely a Dutch word, but I don't know the exact history behind it.