Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great. There's a fight at our Downtown Terminal, and it's these two guys against three other guys, then they knock security on the ground. So what do I do, I call 911. I now regret it because now I'm parnoid that they're going to be calling/harassing me. Anyway, the police arrived and everyone gave their statements. I left to catch a bus. I really hope they don't need me. Point of the story, my concious gets the better of me sometimes. And to whom it may interest, many recorded the altercation. I will to post video should it be posted.

Passed by the Burger King on Utica and Fillmore and they are doing some construction there. Sign says a Popeyes will be there soon. Now whether this means BK is being replaced or they are further shrinking and letting Popeyes take half of the remaining space. It kinda makes sense either way because it doesn't seem very full unless it is after school lets out. Place is either dead or has a handful of people.

Passed by the Burger King on Utica and Fillmore and they are doing some construction there. Sign says a Popeyes will be there soon. Now whether this means BK is being replaced or they are further shrinking and letting Popeyes take half of the remaining space. It kinda makes sense either way because it doesn't seem very full unless it is after school lets out. Place is either dead or has a handful of people.

Welcome back Concourse. Hope you ok after the storm. How great that another fast food which certain to cause future heart arteries/diabetic issue for customers in Popeyes opens. Other than a couple of times a year (I prefer KFC myself)i now stick to mostly places that serve rotisserie chicken when i eat out such as Boston Market.

Man what Utica Ave does not need is another fried chicken joint. :o

Welcome back Concourse. Hope you ok after the storm. How great that another fast food which certain to cause future heart arteries/diabetic issue for customers in Popeyes opens. Other than a couple of times a year (I prefer KFC myself)i now stick to mostly places that serve rotisserie chicken when i eat out such as Boston Market.

Man what Utica Ave does not need is another fried chicken joint. :o

:lol: Seems like that's all I see in Flatbush and those areas. Funny thing is it seems like they all stick around so I guess there is some serious fried chicken eating over there.

My class got banned from the smartboard because Gangnam Style is too "inappropriate". Like wtf.... I mean seriously we're getting our privileges revoked left and right.. Seriously, we're honors, why should we get less privileges? Hell, we can't even use laptops netbooks during Advisory Study Hall on fridays anymore. Reason why? Because we aren't doing work the three other days we have study hall. I mean seriously, we're honors, and you're going to penalize us for getting our homework done at home, where we're supposed to? The only reason we're stuck in there is because we don't play an instrument. And on Monday's... Oh god don't even get me started on what we have to do Monday's. We have to learn about empathy and all this bullcrap, because "We're the 8th graders, we have the power in this school!" That's another thing that pisses me off. The teacher's always talking about how we have this so called "power", and we should use it to influence the lower grades wisely. First off, we NEVER see the 6th or 7th graders. We're on different floors for god sakes. You work in this school, you shouldn't be so surprised. And also, what power? We don't get a say in shit. Oh and another thing, our Living Environment teacher hasn't been in in over a WEEK. The stuff written on the board is literally from last month. And we can't do Lab when she's not here, so we might not be able to do the 1200 minutes necessary to take the Regents. And she keeps giving us textbook work, but we leave our textbooks at home, and she knows this. She specifically said she would tell us the day prior if we needed our textbooks, and I get that you aren't here, but tell the sub to tell us to bring our books in. Do you know how many people completed the assignment today out of the 26 in our class? One. Remember, we aren't bad students. We're honors. If it gets to the point where we're refusing to do our work, then something needs to be done. Even our ELA teacher told us the answer to our post-test, because not one person got it right last time, because the answer made no sense whatsoever.

[/rant]

My class got banned from the smartboard because Gangnam Style is too "inappropriate". Like wtf.... I mean seriously we're getting our privileges revoked left and right.. Seriously, we're honors, why should we get less privileges? Hell, we can't even use laptops netbooks during Advisory Study Hall on fridays anymore. Reason why? Because we aren't doing work the three other days we have study hall. I mean seriously, we're honors, and you're going to penalize us for getting our homework done at home, where we're supposed to? The only reason we're stuck in there is because we don't play an instrument. And on Monday's... Oh god don't even get me started on what we have to do Monday's. We have to learn about empathy and all this bullcrap, because "We're the 8th graders, we have the power in this school!" That's another thing that pisses me off. The teacher's always talking about how we have this so called "power", and we should use it to influence the lower grades wisely. First off, we NEVER see the 6th or 7th graders. We're on different floors for god sakes. You work in this school, you shouldn't be so surprised. And also, what power? We don't get a say in shit. Oh and another thing, our Living Environment teacher hasn't been in in over a WEEK. The stuff written on the board is literally from last month. And we can't do Lab when she's not here, so we might not be able to do the 1200 minutes necessary to take the Regents. And she keeps giving us textbook work, but we leave our textbooks at home, and she knows this. She specifically said she would tell us the day prior if we needed our textbooks, and I get that you aren't here, but tell the sub to tell us to bring our books in. Do you know how many people completed the assignment today out of the 26 in our class? One. Remember, we aren't bad students. We're honors. If it gets to the point where we're refusing to do our work, then something needs to be done. Even our ELA teacher told us the answer to our post-test, because not one person got it right last time, because the answer made no sense whatsoever.

[/rant]

Damn. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing many problems in school. I wouldn't be able to handle that at all. I comend you just for dealing with shit like that.

Good luck. If all goes well, it should get better once you reach high school college.

Damn, it sucks that the election thread was closed. I wanted to add a few interesting articles:

http://t.news.msn.com/politics/what-do-voters-think-a-peek-beyond-the-ballot

http://t.news.msn.com/politics/after-defeat-cloudy-future-ahead-for-mitt-romney

http://t.news.msn.com/politics/how-election-2012-viewer-numbers-compare

http://t.news.msn.com/politics/dead-candidates-win-elections-in-florida-alabama-3

I mean, they're not that hard to find, but it saves you the trouble of looking.

On a side note, I'm making pie charts of the demographics of SI neighborhoods, using 2010 census data. I'm going to upload them to my Photobucket account eventually.

Taking a little break from the hours of homework today...

So for extra credit, we could go to this website, and you fill out this thing, and it tells you which candidate you side most with. (Some questions had over 20 different possibilities, and over 10 answers) So I took it, and it said I sided most with Jill Stein. (Which is the nominee for the Green party) And it also had Senate, and I got Kirsten Gillibrand for that one, but Chris Edes was really really close. Whole thing is here if you want to see it:

http://www.isidewith.com/results/229946033

Also I looked at City-Data's information on Zip Codes......

My reaction:

mlfw3643-WUT.png

On a side note, I'm making pie charts of the demographics of SI neighborhoods, using 2010 census data. I'm going to upload them to my Photobucket account eventually.

Alright, here we go:

http://s899.beta.photobucket.com/user/ajedrez1/library/#/user/ajedrez1/library/Demographic%20Charts?_suid=135236354376302718056013188464&_suid=135236355687909558727336964705

I didn't do all the neighborhoods yet, but I'll get to it eventually (I have a few more I finished, but I don't feel like uploading them now). I'll probably add on to my blog post and add the boundaries I used to define the neighborhoods.

Good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I read this.

Well, at least she admits it. LOL. I just hope she doesn't pass those views on to her daughter. :(

WTF. My mom teaches there.

@CDTA Your school sucks more that anything i've seen. Worst I have was my elementary school website filter that blocked youtube, wikipedia, and google images... stupid sh*t was easy as cake to get around too.

Edited by VWM

Ugh... When it comes to clients I either get realllllyyy smart ones, or reallllyyyy dumb ones... One client has called me TWICE today asking me if I had my team complete the right files as requested as if I'm supposed to know which files they need done. My response was we've done everything you've sent to us. If you sent the wrong files then please send the correct ones, so what they do?? They e-mail me files and ask me to compare those files with the ones they sent me previously... Smh... I mean really unbelievable... <_<

I got it made right now. At school, got my big-ass headphones/mic combo, got everything pulgged in, netbooks, w/mice, got my cameras charging, and my own table, listening to Silva Hound too. Awesome as hell right now.

Edited by CDTA

So yesterday I turned 24, I'm old alright. :(

Ha! You think that's old... When you reach 30 that's when it really stings... But hey just look at this way... It's like fine wine... The older it gets, the better it is!! :lol: As long as you still got your hair and the chicks are still looking, that's what counts! :D