NovaBus LFS Articulated Discussion

R32 3348

One of these buses got into a accident yesterday, some dude in a hummer crashed into one in Manhattan.

It made the news too, left side of the bus had some damage.

It was bus 5854 - a 19-year old punk stole a Hummer from 2 women in a nearby carpark and drove it in a demolition derby before crashing into a restaurant.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt all of them are, maybe 25-30 of them...they have like 28 or 29 NGs wrapped

There is supposed to be bus-for-bus replacements of the Orions on the M34. MTA previously stated that the schedule would remain the same with artics in place. This would actually be a first for an MTA route transitioning from rigid to artic.

I heard that the next batch of LFSAs could be numbered in the 52xx-53xx series instead of 1290+... Could be wrong though, given that there are still some active buses with those numbers.

They have already changed their minds twice, so I guess we will just have to wait and see. However, I don't see them using the 53xx or 54xx numbers just yet. Most of those buses will still be in revenue service when the last of the Nova's from this order.

There is supposed to be bus-for-bus replacements of the Orions on the M34. MTA previously stated that the schedule would remain the same with artics in place. This would actually be a first for an MTA route transitioning from rigid to artic.

They have already changed their minds twice, so I guess we will just have to wait and see. However, I don't see them using the 53xx or 54xx numbers just yet. Most of those buses will still be in revenue service when the last of the Nova's from this order.

The information I have heard is the last portion of buses of the 328 order will be 5253 through 5363. Some of these are coming off the line now.

Hello everyone....

I've been a reader of this site for while but have never posted. Thank you for the information over the years.

Here's a question that has likely been covered sometime during the two years of discussion of the NovaBus Articulated bus: The interior lights originally had dimmed for the entire front section of the bus when the front door closes, which had been extremely bothersome as a passenger. Now that the buses have proliferated around the city over the past year I see this functionality is being adjusted to not dim at all.

Is this going to be the way it works systematically going forward? Its definitely much better on the passenger's eyes. Can someone give the progression of this development?

I personally am happy for it and think its too bad that the lighting system was designed so poorly to begin with.

@Youngblaze or look on the bottom right corner of the license plate its imprinted really small lol

Or better yet, the builder's plate. Find which order it came from and then find another bus with the same order and do some comparing.

Is this going to be the way it works systematically going forward? Its definitely much better on the passenger's eyes. Can someone give the progression of this development?

I think with the new batches, the system had to be reworked so that it doesn't pull too much power, hence why it doesn't go back and forth anymore. (From what I've seen, all of the lights stayed in the dimmed position) If the bus isn't set up this way, the operator will still have the choice to have them dim or have all the lights on at full brightness.

Going forward, having the dimming lights will be the default. It's how it is on the new buses.

Hmmm, so that makes 2 of them renumbered to the 47xx series.

Three now, someone reported seeing 4708 last night.

So I stopped by the TTMG blog, I see 5987 and up won't be happening after all! So it'll be 5253-5363, very interesting. That'll look strange, I can tell you that. Those last 5200s oughta be renumbered any day now, I guess it'll be 4702 and up for all the remaining 52-5400s (wonder if 5268 will get a renumber).

So I stopped by the TTMG blog, I see 5987 and up won't be happening after all! So it'll be 5253-5363, very interesting. That'll look strange, I can tell you that. Those last 5200s oughta be renumbered any day now, I guess it'll be 4702 and up for all the remaining 52-5400s (wonder if 5268 will get a renumber).

With that, this puts a premature end to 5363-5365....

I saw 4709 in the yard last week. It caught me by surprise I was really shocked...If I see it I'll take a close look to see what the original number was as I'm sure there is still residue left from the old stickers lol
I was actually going to start a whole new topic just for these pics and came across this post.

Here is the two pictures I took when I had the bus yesterday. The old bus number was 52960C8B8D07-8A35-44D5-BEEC-0FD17437D4E4-4271-0000044A212B68FC.jpg4334EB7E-FC56-468A-A996-FA4FD0570F88-4271-0000044A3392986A.jpg

So with the renumber 2000 D60HF new Flyer #5250 - #5363 will happen. So which depot will receive the Nova Bus LFS #5250 - #5363 . I know the next batch right after Micheal J. Quill Depot. It will be follow by Gun Hill Depot. So how will it go. with the renumber of Nova Bus LFS articulated bus #1290 - #1397 to #5250 - #5363.

So with the renumber 2000 D60HF new Flyer #5250 - #5363 will happen. So which depot will receive the Nova Bus LFS #5250 - #5363 . I know the next batch right after Micheal J. Quill Depot. It will be follow by Gun Hill Depot. So how will it go. with the renumber of Nova Bus LFS articulated bus #1290 - #1397 to #5250 - #5363.

The assignments are still the same. After 5986, it will start from 5253:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/37351-fleet-happenings/

Archived