MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

1 hour ago, The TransitMan said:

Greetings!

Well MTA Bus is getting NovaBus LFS, huh? Fleet numbers are #8964-9098. So let's see who's getting them...

Baisley Park...46
Eastchester...24
JFK/Far Rockaway...40
LaGuardia...25

Delivery is set to begin in November. Of course...this is "Subject To Change".  Enjoy!

I thought Eastchester would be getting 25 electrics. It would make sense for JFK/FR to get 60 LFSes, not 40. Unless the assignment or plan was changed.

Edited by RSMG106

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The TransitMan said:

Greetings!

Well MTA Bus is getting NovaBus LFS, huh? Fleet numbers are #8964-9098. So let's see who's getting them...

Baisley Park...46
Eastchester...24
JFK/Far Rockaway...40
LaGuardia...25

Delivery is set to begin in November. Of course...this is "Subject To Change".  Enjoy!

Same specs as 8755 I’m assuming? 

4 hours ago, The TransitMan said:

Greetings!

Baisley Park...46
Eastchester...24
JFK/Far Rockaway...40
LaGuardia...25

The Nova diesels for NYCT (#'s 8755-8963, which is over 200 of them) were scheduled to begin to arrive in Sept., 2021. To my knowledge none have arrived yet.   Therefore I think it's ambitious that 8964-89098 would begin to arrive beginning this November, 9 months away.

5 hours ago, The TransitMan said:

Greetings!

Baisley Park...46
Eastchester...24
JFK/Far Rockaway...40
LaGuardia...25

Funny how those numbers were RTSs, now they’re LFSs. A real full circle moment lol

6 hours ago, The TransitMan said:

Greetings!

Baisley Park...46
Eastchester...24
JFK/Far Rockaway...40
LaGuardia...25

Sources please

4 hours ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

The Nova diesels for NYCT (#'s 8755-8963, which is over 200 of them) were scheduled to begin to arrive in Sept., 2021. To my knowledge none have arrived yet.   Therefore I think it's ambitious that 8964-89098 would begin to arrive beginning this November, 9 months away.

Both orders will probably be ongoing at the same time. Orion delivered NG hybrids for NYC and the NG CNGs for LIB at the same time.

Also, didn't old gen Orions for both MTA Bus and NYCT come in at the same time?

5 hours ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

They're two separate contracts. The NYCT LFS diesels are option buses on the hybrid contract and the MTA Bus LFS diesels are a standalone contract awarded in December. The November delivery date comes from here: https://new.mta.info/document/68221 page 118

The 135 buses are scheduled to begin being delivered in November 2022 and be completed in March 2023, for an overall period of 16
months from Notice of Award. The above delivery schedule is based on the assumption that Notice of Award will be issued on or before
December 31, 2021.

7 hours ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

I didn't want to include the November date just in case they delayed the order but I figured what we have been saying all this time..."subject to change".

12 hours ago, MTA Bus said:

Funny how those numbers were RTSs, now they’re LFSs. A real full circle moment lol

All together: 8000-9098. You add NFXDE40s 9416-9619 & Nova LFS HYB 9620-9699, these numbers were the 1996-1998 NovaBus T80-206 RTS buses (8750 & up) with the exception of 8569-8599 & 8704-8749. Anything below 8567 was TMC RTS 

17 hours ago, RSMG106 said:

I thought Eastchester would be getting 25 electrics. It would make sense for JFK/FR to get 60 LFSes, not 40. Unless the assignment or plan was changed.

The 25 electrics has not been awarded yet for MTA Bus. It is not expected to be awarded for some time. It’s quite possible that the novas may get moved once that order is awarded.

16 hours ago, limitednyc said:

When is the Queens  nyct order   comming

That order should begin delivery very soon. 8842 is assigned to Queens Village (NOT ON PROPERTY YET).

16 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Same specs as 8755 I’m assuming? 

From what I’ve heard, yes.