MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok. File this in the "WTF?" files....

At College Point, MCI D4500 Cruisers #2713, #2717, #2723 and #2741 are there (PER "Knight Rider")

So, this is interesting. However, this COULD be short-lived. Remember that 46 MCIs are suppose to be rehabbed so these buses could be loaners BUT we'll see.

Ok. File this in the "WTF?" files....

At College Point, MCI D4500 Cruisers #2713, #2717, #2723 and #2741 are there (PER "Knight Rider")

So, this is interesting. However, this COULD be short-lived. Remember that 46 MCIs are suppose to be rehabbed so these buses could be loaners BUT we'll see.

Adding onto this....this just gets bizarre as this goes along

As per KR, buses 2806, 2812 and 2816 are at....

LaGuardia Depot!

What the f*ck are they doing over there?!

THanks for the update! I believe 5060/1 were originally at FB right*? I don't remember those having cameras inside and *were part of that swap some years ago.

Also I think I've seen 8890 as well, but didn't want to say anything since it was a brief glimpse and I wasn't totally sure. May have been on the B46.

It's been at Flatbush for about a week, still with UP decals.

Adding onto this....this just gets bizarre as this goes along

As per KR, buses 2806, 2812 and 2816 are at....

LaGuardia Depot!

What the f*ck are they doing over there?!

Those are loaners , they arent permanent .

THanks for the update! I believe 5060/1 were originally at FB right*? I don't remember those having cameras inside and *were part of that swap some years ago.

Also I think I've seen 8890 as well, but didn't want to say anything since it was a brief glimpse and I wasn't totally sure. May have been on the B46.

5055-5074 didn't have the cameras on them.. and yes flatbush had the 5055-5074 line up in 2007/2008 before the transfer from MJQ

Only original MJQ: 5039-5054 + 5125-5144 + 5171-5204 Which flatbush has currently 97% of those buses. Only 3 buses remain at MJQ which are 5202-5204.

It hasnt been there for a week because a friend of mine just had it last friday for his run , its been there for a few days but i saw it go past me on the B44 LTD .

The Friday you're talking (9/2/11) about is over a week ago because 8890 was at Flatbush this past Friday (9/9/11) on our maintenance lifts.

"BRAINSTORMING TIME!!!"

Ok, I mentioned this before so it's worth mentioning again. MCIs at College Point and LaGuardia are POSSIBLY there for TWO reasons:

1. MTA Bus is planning on rehabbing 46 buses (by sending them to Deer Park) and therefore TEMPORARY receiving buses from other depots (in this case STATEN ISLAND...of all places)

OR

2. Shifting buses around and preparing the incoming delivery of the 66 MCIs (#2251-2316) to MTA Bus (Yonkers and COLLEGE POINT). So "Knight Rider", pay attention within the next few months.

"BRAINSTORMING TIME!!!"

Ok, I mentioned this before so it's worth mentioning again. MCIs at College Point and LaGuardia are POSSIBLY there for TWO reasons:

1. MTA Bus is planning on rehabbing 46 buses (by sending them to Deer Park) and therefore TEMPORARY receiving buses from other depots (in this case STATEN ISLAND...of all places)

OR

2. Shifting buses around and preparing the incoming delivery of the 66 MCIs (#2251-2316) to MTA Bus (Yonkers and COLLEGE POINT). So "Knight Rider", pay attention within the next few months.

I'm the reason we got intel on the inside so you freakin' PAY ATTENTION