MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It could also be that the depot didn't have any in stock...just recently I tried getting a WF decal and they were all out.

Sometimes they will just tell you that because drivers are not suppose have them. I have 2 westfarms decals in my toolbox (along with all MaBSTOA depots and half of Brooklyn division). Sometimes it just depends on who you ask...

This is getting really interesting all of a sudden RTSs are going to JFK........ What is JFK losing?:confused: Anyway, 7011, 7022, 7024, and 7029 are now at the QV depot.

The RTS will most likely replace the Orion V's, they needed buses JFK was short for over 3 months

Very strange seeing RTSs back at those places. If anything, it would've made more sense to just send them all to SC and then have the SC hybrids be pushed out [since they are all going to be gone once their order of C40lfs comes]. But I totally agree those 5900s are totally shot and those should've been scrapped long before the #8600s RTSs from MJQ.

From Buschat theres something about some 9300s From Ulmer? or somethng? at WF Can any one confirm?

only 9300's there at wf are 9301 & thats it . 9305 is still at ulmer park and 9309 is still there I guess , they have a lot going on there now .

2901 at Yukon

4316 and 18 at Charleston.

I already said that 2901 left & 4316 & 18 left

7057 now at Ulmer Park. Spotted last night on the B6.

2459 also at Ulmer Park. Spotted on deadhead in midtown both buses with UP decals.

Both been reported already , I saw 7057 come in 2 weeks ago . Ulmer park has all of their 3g's they are just awaiting the xcelsiors & prevosts . And i reported 2459 coming in already it came in wednesday morning .

only 9300's there at wf are 9301 & thats it . 9305 is still at ulmer park and 9309 is still there I guess , they have a lot going on there now .

I already said that 2901 left & 4316 & 18 left

Both been reported already , I saw 7057 come in 2 weeks ago . Ulmer park has all of their 3g's they are just awaiting the xcelsiors & prevosts . And i reported 2459 coming in already it came in wednesday morning .

ALL their 3Gs are in? Wow! I guess Orion is not looking to give up FREE buses like they did in the past.

The RTS will most likely replace the Orion V's, they needed buses JFK was short for over 3 months

I was just going to mention that. Remember, this depot was "renting" buses from Baisley Park not too long ago. Not only that but was also loaning buses to Far Rockaway, Spring Creek and Baisley Park as well. However, as more NEW buses come in...the RTS buses will leave.

ALL their 3Gs are in? Wow! I guess Orion is not looking to give up FREE buses like they did in the past.

Looks like no FREE buses this time around with this delivery.

CAS has 7061, 7063, 7085 and 707x (can't remember the last #)

before you know it, Orion could be done with the delivery in about another week or 2.

Ok so much for WF getting rid of their RTSs........smh Anyway I was just informed that 9012 is now at the JFK depot. A friend of mine is on it NOW on the Q-60 going towards Jamaica.

8843 and 9020 at JFK, I spotted 8843 on the Q8, 9020 was on the Q41, there are other RTS at JFK as well, btw I seen an RTS OOS at Jamaica looks like that RTS will get scrapped since it was burnt where the last 2 windows are at

This is getting really interesting all of a sudden RTSs are going to JFK........ What is JFK losing?:confused: Anyway, 7011, 7022, 7024, and 7029 are now at the QV depot.

RTSs are back at JFK? Awesome!

Although, I will admit, a 96 Nova is not the same as a PBL TMC...

Hopefully RTSs will make a grand return to SC and BP as well, I but I doubt it though, I'm sure SC will make it work with the suburban CNG until the new C40s come.

Just to foam for second... YES!!

That's great news to hear, hopefully I'll catch one on the Q60 soon. Those 5900s do have to go (and they're dropping like flies), hopefully those'll be swapped for the UP and QV RTSes that go.

Man, those 1996 RTSs are dying out of QV now..:cry:

Very strange seeing RTSs back at those places. If anything, it would've made more sense to just send them all to SC and then have the SC hybrids be pushed out [since they are all going to be gone once their order of C40lfs comes]. But I totally agree those 5900s are totally shot and those should've been scrapped long before the #8600s RTSs from MJQ.

Well, now the plot thickens! I just received a text from a friend this morning at 10:45 that the 1996 NovaBus RTS from BOTH Queens Village and Ulmer Park will be heading to JFK to replace the Orion 05.501 #5900 series. The RTS buses that are currently at JFK (#8843, #8899, #9012, #9020) will remain there. The RTS buses at West Farms will also make there way to JFK and/or LaGuardia.

Speaking of LaGuardia, "TJ Trainman" (via a LGA B/O) some of Fresh Pond's RTS buses will be heading to LaGuardia.

Now some of you probably already knew this BUT it's worth mentioning. Also, the RTS going to JFK remains me of the 1990 TMCs and how they were bounced around back in 2006-2008 when the Hybrids came to play...;)

So get your pictures as..."The RTS has come back to SOUTHERN QUEENS!"