MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calvin

• Future ENY OP

• T J Trainman

• Cait Sith

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the opportunity to ride the q60 for a round trip in the am rush and a round trip during the pm rush and and I did not have a single moment when there weren't any seats. The q7 and q11 and q22 and 35 carry more than the q60 do during rush hour. The difference is the q60 picks up and drops off in batches. The ridership is very different along the entire line. The only time you really see high ridership on the q60 is if there is a delay in service. It has nothing to do with the service road, the turn onto the bridge, that's a myth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the opportunity to ride the q60 for a round trip in the am rush and a round trip during the pm rush and and I did not have a single moment when there weren't any seats. The q7 and q11 and q22 and 35 carry more than the q60 do during rush hour. The difference is the q60 picks up and drops off in batches. The ridership is very different along the entire line. The only time you really see high ridership on the q60 is if there is a delay in service. It has nothing to do with the service road, the turn onto the bridge, that's a myth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah but how often do you actually ride the Q60. There has been many times that I rode the Q60 and it was crowded. What would really be nice is a LTD version of the Q60 that starts at Jamaica Archer Ave. Who knows people may take it more often for traveling on Queens Blvd.

Yeah but how often do you actually ride the Q60. There has been many times that I rode the Q60 and it was crowded. What would really be nice is a LTD version of the Q60 that starts at Jamaica Archer Ave. Who knows people may take it more often for traveling on Queens Blvd.

It won't happen for now because the (E)(F)(M)(R)(7) Trains are on most of its route.

Yeah, a LTD and artics are what I looked forward to coming when (MTA) took over. It doesn't seem to have even been thought of.

IT seemed to me the Q60 was always very crowded and bunched. Though this was mostly years ago.

They're still used on the Q22, Q35, and Q52 when needed. The Q11 sometimes has an D60HF running as well on some rare occasions.

Not anymore, there has been some consolidation between the two depots. The Q35 has been strictly RTSs and Hybrids over the past few weeks. Same for the 22 and 52.

3155 is still at Eastchester as Eastchester does trips on QM20 and QM2 bus route with CP doing some trip on BxM9 route

Now that's a weird combination... Since when Eastchester does a queens route and CP doing a Bronx route.

How units does E'Chester has for the QM20 and CP for BxM9 route.

Only thing I see with this route is that it's near the Whitestone Bridge. and a perfect headway for both depots.

Now that's a weird combination... Since when Eastchester does a queens route and CP doing a Bronx route.

How units does E'Chester has for the QM20 and CP for BxM9 route.

Only thing I see with this route is that it's near the Whitestone Bridge. and a perfect headway for both depots.

I think since last pick our maybe since the summer pick, one or the other

Why aren't they putting any on the Q60? Is it because of the turns south of Archer?

I'm not 100% sure, but i heard that it's because of the turn from the Queensboro Bridge off ramp to 60th Street. However, since the QBL is going to be doing CBTC work, they will have to put them on the Q60.

I'm not 100% sure, but i heard that it's because of the turn from the Queensboro Bridge off ramp to 60th Street. However, since the QBL is going to be doing CBTC work, they will have to put them on the Q60.

I've heard that service past the Mall (going towards Mahattan) doesn't warrant Artics

A lot of the ridership is between Main St and Queens Center Mall... After that it dips

So to add 60 footers would increase headways and make a headache that's there even worse... So for now standard buses will do

I've heard that service past the Mall (going towards Mahattan) doesn't warrant Artics

A lot of the ridership is between Main St and Queens Center Mall... After that it dips

So to add 60 footers would increase headways and make a headache that's there even worse... So for now standard buses will do

That is pretty much true but I would say most of the service is between Archer Ave and Grand Ave. the Queens Plaza and Woodside part gets decent usage but it is not as high as the one I stated above.