MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

WTF is this love fest over 9271 about? It's a 1996, to be replaced within a few months with new beese coming in. If it is indeed retired, you guys have to realize that ANY major failure on an OLD BUS will NOT be repaired.

Sometimes you have to put the buff in you aside aside and think practical.

Best post of the day. Thanks

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard once 8090 passes its 30-day test, the rest should start coming in.

Makes little sense, seeing as 8090 is not that different from the other 90 buses that were delivered nearly four years ago. Those buses passed the 30-day inspections. Why wouldn't these buses meet the standard also?

Makes little sense, seeing as 8090 is not that different from the other 90 buses that were delivered nearly four years ago. Those buses passed the 30-day inspections. Why wouldn't these buses meet the standard also?

Looks can be deceiving. There's actually quite a bit different in terms of electrical & structural integrity.

Preliminary XD40 Assignments

This is subject to change, as you know nothing is in concrete. Dunno what's being traded around and/or retired (if any), but this is what we know...I'm just a messenger here passing the info along

7090-7155: East New York

7156-7217: Flatbush (yeah, I had that same look of shock too lol)

7218-7293: Grand Av

7294-7316: Ulmer Park

7317-7365: Fresh Pond

7366-7410: LaGuardia (MTA Bus order was lumped into the NYCT order)

Preliminary XD40 Assignments

This is subject to change, as you know nothing is in concrete. Dunno what's being traded around and/or retired (if any), but this is what we know...I'm just a messenger here passing the info along

7090-7155: East New York [66]

7156-7217: Flatbush (yeah, I had that same look of shock too lol) [62]

7218-7293: Grand Av [76]

7294-7316: Ulmer Park [23]

7317-7365: Fresh Pond [49]

7366-7409*: LaGuardia (MTA Bus order was lumped into the NYCT order) [45]

Flatbush, ugh... Ulmer Park got screwed - then again they might be happy with that. So UP must be keeping/receiving a bulk of RTS's - which is probably a union decision lol (new bus haters).

Grand receives a new fleet again? That's good I guess.

And now I know why Fresh Pond has been sending some of their NG's to SI, besides shortages.

Other news: roster is updated: https://sites.google.com/site/mtanyctrosters/mtaregionalbusroster

Edited by Rick44