MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does SC keep bouncing back and forth from being BK depot to QNS... All of its routes are BK based, the Depot is in BK... Yet its Qns again?  Reminds me of the old MCH, Depot is in Manhattan, Routes are all Manhattan, yet it was a BX depot. 

Must be some kind of political thing (I always wondered about MCH. Then, later on, they did give it some Bx routes).

Why does SC keep bouncing back and forth from being BK depot to QNS... All of its routes are BK based, the Depot is in BK... Yet its Qns again?  Reminds me of the old MCH, Depot is in Manhattan, Routes are all Manhattan, yet it was a BX depot. 

Must be some kind of political thing (I always wondered about MCH. Then, later on, they did give it some Bx routes).

Well  its about time they gave Spring Creek the Q7 and/or the Q8.

I saw a C40 LF in manhattan will report back with pics

If you saw this bus in UPPER Manhattan at the George Washington Bridge Bus Terminal, then those buses are from West Farms (Bx11, Bx35 and Bx36).

Otherwise if you was at 125th St, then you saw them on the Bx15. If it was 138th St? (or is it 135th St), then it was on the Bx33. If it was on 145th St...then it was on the Bx19 (sometimes you can spot one on that route). If it was on 155th St, then it was on the Bx6.

If not, then you probably saw it operating on a Subway Shuttle.

The original plan was to send the Q8 to Spring Creek because it runs literally right by the depot.

But, Unions.

Yeah and if SC gained the Q8 it could help both the route and JFK. That would be one less route JFK needs to deal with and SC is pretty good with reliablity which the Q8 lacks at JFK.

There is another 9400 bus at QV from Brooklyn I forgot the number.

Yeah and if SC gained the Q8 it could help both the route and JFK. That would be one less route JFK needs to deal with and SC is pretty good with reliablity which the Q8 lacks at JFK.

There is another 9400 bus at QV from Brooklyn I forgot the number.

I think it was 9442, I saw it on the LIE but I didn't see the depot sticker, it should still have GA though Edited by mta B43