MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I regret to post this, I was asked to keep this off line but now its official, 8750 is indeed scrap. Its at ECH stripped and will not go to LGA. A total of 6 of ECHs current RTSs will be going to scrap. 8750 is 1 of the 6. When I get the other #s (of ECHs that will be scrap) I will post them. Sorry for the bad news. :(:angry:

That's a shame, I'm honestly a little surprised about that, would have thought they'd keep that bus. That means they haven't kept any TMCs (since 8750 started as TMC) and they aren't keeping the first Nova either. Guess the oldest RTS in service is 8756, see how long that lasts at LGA...

Edited by MHV9218

wow...thats wierdd

Probably there for service since its an ( Orion VII " 7 " ) & gleason has orion parts .

I regret to post this, I was asked to keep this off line but now its official, 8750 is indeed scrap. Its at ECH stripped and will not go to LGA. A total of 6 of ECHs current RTSs will be going to scrap. 8750 is 1 of the 6. When I get the other #s (of ECHs that will be scrap) I will post them. Sorry for the bad news. :(:angry:

Its at lga but the boss came and said strip it for parts so it will go to east chester . Cant believe lga turned down a bus ! , theyre only getting rid of it because of its age . That is a damn good bus too , I found this out a while ago so you could of posted it .

When did it get scrapped?

Well you can't say we ain't seeing 8751 no more because there can be a new bus in the fleet that's can take that number.

8751 was sent to the shredder in 2010.

Ok good, what route was 9870 on today?

9870 was on the B35.

Edited by aemoreira81

Things are getting interesting at GA. 8947 was spotted, with decals, on the Metropolitan Avenue vound B38, the Grand Avenue Branch. Also spotted 9597 on the B62 twice tonight!!! It was a great night for me!!!

Also like the idea of GA getting some 1998-1999 RTS'. Love the 95xxs but the 94xx influx needs to be adjusted.

8947? From ENY? I think this has to be due to the 1997 overhauls, otherwise it just doesn't make sense they'd get any 1998s and I guess now 1996s. My guess is they're loaners, but I'd love to see 1996s back at GA...specially with my B39 coming back!!

8947? From ENY? I think this has to be due to the 1997 overhauls, otherwise it just doesn't make sense they'd get any 1998s and I guess now 1996s. My guess is they're loaners, but I'd love to see 1996s back at GA...specially with my B39 coming back!!

i SINCERELY HOPE THAT THE NEW ADDITIONS ARE NOT LOANERS!!!!! BUT IF THEY ARE, I HOPE TO CONTINUE SEEING THEM. ALSO, IF THEY ARE LOANERS, WHY CHANGE THEIR DECALS? JAM'S LOANS TO QV DOES NOT HAVE CHANGED DECALS.

I hope they aren't loaners either, but they do that sometimes. MJQ slapped their decals on the FB 513x loaners, KB slapped their decals on the WF LFSA loaners, bunch of depots put their stickers on the CS LFSA loaners. Just happens sometimes.

I hope they aren't loaners either, but they do that sometimes. MJQ slapped their decals on the FB 513x loaners, KB slapped their decals on the WF LFSA loaners, bunch of depots put their stickers on the CS LFSA loaners. Just happens sometimes.

5810 isn't a West Farms loaner (that bus is permanently assigned to KB now)---are you saying that some of the 5900s for WF are at KB? (5938 displaced 5810.)

Edited by aemoreira81

I don't think these are loaners. ENY is getting 9414 and 9203, just to name afew. What sense would it make to loan buses to GA and then have to take some buses away from another depot in another division (from FB to UP, from ENY to GA, then from Jamaica to East New York)?

But I will remain hopeful that this is not just a tweek, but a real move in the right direction.

I don't think these are loaners. ENY is getting 9414 and 9203, just to name afew. What sense would it make to loan buses to GA and then have to take some buses away from another depot in another division (from FB to UP, from ENY to GA, then from Jamaica to East New York)?

But I will remain hopeful that this is not just a tweek, but a real move in the right direction.

East new york had 9203 for months now , 9414 was there from ulmer park then it came back . I just saw it yesterday so where'd you see it ?

5810 isn't a West Farms loaner (that bus is permanently assigned to KB now)---are you saying that some of the 5900s for WF are at KB? (5938 displaced 5810.)

Nah, this was a couple months ago, I remember they had a few swaps to KB and for some reason they slapped stickers on all the buses they got.

I really think it's just plugging the shortages wherever they are, be it due to overhauls, service needs, or repairs.