MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@caitsith, I ALWAYS check with my sources before I post.

do me a favor if you have something to post send me a PM don't embarass me like that.

Right, except you always keep saying "might or might not" or "may or may not" or "it may be at so and so depot".

It's starting to get irritating for most of us. From now on, post confirmed moves, not anything that may or may not or might or might not or any of that garbage. CONFIRMED moves / CONFIRMED scraps is the priority, no maybes!!

A 1998-1999 RTS bus at Grand Avenue? This is a first. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing that bus, and possibly others like it, on the B38, B57 and B62.

Yes sir, I was shocked to see that also.. Saw it enter the stop on Avenue J & Ralph. Very surprising. I was thinking loan at first, but when I saw the decals slapped on that bus - it ain't a loan.

As much as I like more RTSes coming to LGA, it's a shame they've gotta be the godawful-in-summer A/C less 8900s. 8932, can't believe that bus is still alive. Seemed like it was clinging to life at 126th, somehow been two depots since.

The end of the RTS is the Bronx once again.....I wonder if this is truly the end since WF is pretty much set on buses and no longer need to borrow RTS from storage...

I never really understood why ECH switched from O5's to RTS to begin with....and now their back to O5's

The end of the RTS is the Bronx once again.....I wonder if this is truly the end since WF is pretty much set on buses and no longer need to borrow RTS from storage...

I never really understood why ECH switched from O5's to RTS to begin with....and now their back to O5's

They switched so that the '99 Orion V could go to CS to replace the older Orion's they had (5XX-630). As the '96 RTS from ENY & JA were up for grabs after being deplaced by the newer buses at the time OG's (6558-6624) from GA to ENY & NG (4431-4452) to JA (I think).

Anyway for the ECH RTS's I suspect they'll be moved to storage and another few to LGA/JFK.