MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The MTA at the time had wanted all of its two-stroke buses off the roster. The two-stroke buses had already been removed from the NYCT roster, but at MTA Bus , there were buses that were over 20 years old that were on their last legs, plus the 1993 TMC CNGs whose tanks had expired. As it would happen, some remained on the roster into the winter of 2008.

There was also Long Island Bus that still had some 1991 BIA Orion V diesels in the #600s that were replaced with the #1700s in 2009.

Yes it does. That's how I tracked down 5252 a week ago (presuming it's still numbered 5252). Why 1256 is at WF (I just tracked it) is beyond me unless it's an emergency put in from 126.

I think that's just another one of the errors, I've seen a lot of 126 LFSAs supposedly on the Bx15 that are actually just parked in 126's lot across the street from the depot.

Man, they should of given us #317 for old times sake.

Just..... Please just be quiet!!!

Yes it does. That's how I tracked down 5252 a week ago (presuming it's still numbered 5252). Why 1256 is at WF (I just tracked it) is beyond me unless it's an emergency put in from 126.

Lol that's funny because I was just on 1256 on Oct 26th. Either the driver had a bronx sign up or it was there for repairs but its on the M15 SBS right now its at the South Ferry.

Well 313 is back at West Farms now, some D60HF's at Eastchester are being renumbered. So far it's 1300, 1301 & 1304, I don't know why they're renumbering these again & 4705 is at Eastchester I heard.

Well I guess the renumbering into the 1300s is pretty ideal to fill the gap between 1290 & 2040 and just in-case IF the next order of artics are subject to use the fleet numbers after 5363. Either way, I don't really care much. <_<

Edited by NovaCSW8030

Dear I ask..........

WHY???

Because all I said above was that it would of been nice if West Farms had sent #317 instead of #313 to Gleason for old timesake. You know, just like the 1994-1995 Orion V CNG #317. But this guy came out of nowhere and started insulting me.

Edited by Chargerdodge9

Because all I said above was that it would of been nice if West Farms had sent #317 instead of #313 to Gleason for old timesake. You know, just like the 1994-1995 Orion V CNG #317. But this guy came out of nowhere and started insulting me.

Nooooo, you took it seriously........... LIKE A CHILD!

I mean, c'mon.............. really. Be cool, man.

And FYI, the 95-96 Orion V's have nothing to do with the C40s...... thank you.

Next, please!

Nooooo, you took it seriously........... LIKE A CHILD!

I mean, c'mon.............. really. Be cool, man.

And FYI, the 95-96 Orion V's have nothing to do with the C40s...... thank you.

Next, please!

I must know that! All I was saying was that it would of been cool if the new #317 came to the same depot as the first #317. I guess no one understand what I'm trying to say so forget it. Edited by Chargerdodge9

I must know that! All I was saying was that it would of been cool if the new #317 came to the same depot as the first #317. I guess no one understand what I'm trying to say so forget it.

*sigh* yes, let's just forget about it and get back on topic.

Anyways, today I spotted new 602 & 606 AND LFSA's 5270 & 5271 in New Jersey. I would ask why but I not going too. lol

Edited by NovaCSW8030