MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's with the depots being short on buses LGA S.I. MHV.....?

Yukon just has had maintenance so they just can't send anything out. They had 4439 on the S79.. which doesn't even belong to then. yet they have over 30 wrapped buses. also they had 4016 on the s79 which is unwrapped. shyt they also be having MCIs on their local routes including the Prevost.

so I'm assumin manhattanville is having the same problem.. or maybe their hybrids are having problems in the heat

Yukon just has had maintenance so they just can't send anything out. They had 4439 on the S79.. which doesn't even belong to then. yet they have over 30 wrapped buses. also they had 4016 on the s79 which is unwrapped. shyt they also be having MCIs on their local routes including the Prevost.

so I'm assumin manhattanville is having the same problem.. or maybe their hybrids are having problems in the heat

The summer is always hard on Mannyville, and on top of that you've got a good 10% of the fleet OOS for rehabs, vendor work, and in-depot maintenance. Extra shuttles needed this weekend on top that. The spare factor isn't good enough for all that.

Lots of depots sending out odd things though -- 1250 and 1283 (wrapped) both ran on the M60 today, which is a little rare on a weekend.

there was some on the shuttle, and yesterday 4439 was on the s79

They yanked buses from Charleston. Numbers are as follows

4436, 4439, 4444, 4445, 4448, 4450, 4452 and 4513.

All of these are on the Yukon Roster I suppose for the weekend.

They yanked buses from Charleston. Numbers are as follows

4436, 4439, 4444, 4445, 4448, 4450, 4452 and 4513.

All of these are on the Yukon Roster I suppose for the weekend.

Ooohhh so they are assigned to Yukon. wow

44xx on Yukon routes...

42xx SBS buses on Yukon routes

plus shuttle buses... everywhere.. I'm going to sleep

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

Turns out this isn't why. The extra M5 service is per Transit, not Surface. Quill sent a D60 for the M5 today and it was signed as a subway shuttle. I guess this is either (1) or (R) related supplementary service.

Hmm, so there is some merit to that. I was told the same thing earlier this morning. Might be worth checking out tomorrow just for shits and giggles after work.

I wonder whats the status of 6365. It would've been cool to see that in service. I remember sometime in 2011 or so, 6374 or 6371 ran on the M9.

Hmm, so there is some merit to that. I was told the same thing earlier this morning. Might be worth checking out tomorrow just for shits and giggles after work.

I wonder whats the status of 6365. It would've been cool to see that in service. I remember sometime in 2011 or so, 6374 or 6371 ran on the M9.

6365 is sitting on the Riverside DR now by W. 133rd Street.

They even sent a MCI on the S79...Im not kidding.

It's back at Manhattanville.