MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't remember seeing 5028 and 29 in Jamaica although I could be wrong... I do remember a while back when they did have 5xxx's .... They 5025 to 5039.... But those went back to Manhattan and eventually Brooklyn

Leaving them with just 5037 and 5038

According to TTMG 5028-5029 have been there for a while now.... TTMG is a creditable source

It wasn't permanent to begin with.

How do you know... MTA Bus needs their buses DOT certified and the buses NYCTA gave them weren't DOT certified so they couldn't use them unless they were inspected a certain way. They were permanent because I spoke to a manager about it. Edited by ciboii22

How do you know... MTA Bus needs their buses DOT certified and the buses NYCTA gave them weren't DOT certified so they couldn't use them unless they were inspected a certain way. They were permanent because I spoke to a manager about it.

And how do you know that the manager's information was solid....? That whole post didn't even explain WHY it was sent back or why they were sent UP there to begin with.....

Also, with what was just explained, that doesn't make too much sense at all especially when that logic is used, that would make the vast majority of LG's fleet OOS....

Again, if it was sent back, it was never permanent to begin with....

Edited by Cait Sith

I saw 5051 on 21st Street by Queensbridge Houses the other day smh....

Why on earth would they send them 1999 Novas....

LGA should have 96 Novas and Orion VII OG's

I would swap the NG's with JFK for more OG's

I know a few Road Ops for MTAB and they told me the low down about LGA... " foam in the fareboxes "... " take out 5 bolts put back 4 " I could go on and on but I won't

And how do you know that his information was solid....? That whole post didn't even explain WHY it was sent back or why they were sent UP there to begin with.....

Furthermore, with that logic, most of the 5000s would've been up there by now.....

I dont want to sound like im insulting your intelligence but could they have swapped it again unexpectedly when it was given to LG and the move was intended to be permanent but that changed?

I dont want to sound like im insulting your intelligence but could they have swapped it again unexpectedly when it was given to LG and the move was intended to be permanent but that changed?

The thing is, it was not "given" to LG. UP received buses right back but for work but apparently, those got sent out to Gleason.

And while it was allegedly said to be permanent, the things I've heard from LG was quite different....

And how do you know that the manager's information was solid....? That whole post didn't even explain WHY it was sent back or why they were sent UP there to begin with.....

Also, with what was just explained, that doesn't make too much sense at all especially when that logic is used, that would make the vast majority of LG's fleet OOS....

And what makes you so sure ..