MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

Are the old C40s doing good? Are the 6 still in service?

There's still 6 left at JG, 818 is out of service, and 847, plus 902 but 902 has been out for nearly a month it's sitting outside the FB removed so it'll be going to scrap soon.

5206 LG - MQ.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have yet to see them testing in 165th Terminal... Nor have I seen YouTube footage of an Artic going in and out of 165th.... You could be right but I would love to see proof

I was told my info from higher ups in MTAB... Artics can run the on the Q6... It's pulling in and pulling out of 165th with its slanted pull in spots that leave terrible blind spots for the 60ft bus... It's not safe

They are trying to figure out where to a put a stop for them over there... My guess is it would probably be the corner of Merrick Blvd and Jamaica Ave... Nothing stops there

Could you post a link?I tried a search for it but it just gave me regular buses at 165th.

My apologies as I have made a mistake, I could've sworn that there were videos online, I guess its mostly photos for the majority.

Here are some in and out of 165.

576503_4433952086482_577226358_n.jpg

NFI_5493i.jpg

There's still 6 left at JG, 818 is out of service, and 847, plus 902 but 902 has been out for nearly a month it's sitting outside the FB removed so it'll be going to scrap soon.

5206 LG - MQ.

You never know 818 and can still see service if they still have their FB and radio it happened once already a couple of months ago many were considered OOS including 847 but ran

My guess is it would probably be the corner of Merrick Blvd and Jamaica Ave... Nothing stops there

Um...the LAST stop of the Q17 lays over there now just at the corner...the northside corner where the Q6, Q8, Q9 and Q41 make the right turn at. That was due to the Q44 getting artics and needed to layover space to accommodate them along with the Q20A and Q20B. Therefore, the FIRST stop for the Q17 was pushed back to the southside of Jamaica Av near the corner of Merrick Blvd. In plain English, the Q17 drops off, then crosses Jamaica Av to pick-up at the first stop.

Also, thanks to Cait Sith with the photos...the Q6 looks good in the terminal.  

Edited by The TransitMan

Um...the LAST stop of the Q17 lays over there now just at the corner...the northside corner where the Q6, Q8, Q9 and Q41 make the right turn at. That was due to the Q44 getting artics and needed to layover space to accommodate them along with the Q20A and Q20B. Therefore, the FIRST stop for the Q17 was pushed back to the southside of Jamaica Av near the corner of Merrick Blvd. In plain English, the Q17 drops off, then crosses Jamaica Av to pick-up at the first stop.

Also, thanks to Cait Sith with the photos...the Q6 looks good in the terminal.

I'm talking about before the light on Merrick Blvd and Jamaica... Not the same side as the Q20 and 44

In my opinion the Q6 doesn't need Artics. It's the Q111/113 that need them. Woah buses at its third stop is packed to the door. The Q6 could use extended LTD times.

I can agree with you on this one... The Q113 needs them more so than the 111

But really why haven't they run on the Q60 yet ?

Of all routes out of JFK... That should have had first priority on Artics IMO

I'm talking about before the light on Merrick Blvd and Jamaica... Not the same side as the Q20 and 44

That's where he's talking about.

@CP Man: They all need artics. Those Q6 buses get packed at Sutphin. I still don't think artics are needed on the Q60, especially with the subway downstairs but then again, I don't ride it often.

That's where he's talking about.

@CP Man: They all need artics. Those Q6 buses get packed at Sutphin. I still don't think artics are needed on the Q60, especially with the subway downstairs but then again, I don't ride it often.

Q60 needs artics, the Q60 be jammed packed at night

Q60 needs artics, the Q60 be jammed packed at night

Ok and ridership on the Q60 "drops like a rock" west of Queens Center. I've taken the Q60 from Jamaica Station to Manhattan one summer and yes artics would work from Jamaica to Queens Center. Not too many people ride that Q60 into Manhattan...SOME DO (not disputing that) but artics are not "really" need between Queens Center and Manhattan. 

By the way, what time would the Q60 "be jammed" at night? I actually rode the Q60 from Skillman Av to Jamaica at about 1:45 AM (on a summer night) and I was "stretched out" in the back of the hybrid. Wasn't asked to move my legs.

Just saying...can't get anymore detailed than that.

Sure, but the Q60 is also unbelievably crushed Queensbound until Queens Center. That route, on average, could definitely use artics. In fact, dispatchers often send two buses off at once from 60th St, similar effect.

I can co-sign with that....seen it myself a few times as well.

From what I always saw, when they started both getting artics, as well as the LTD program, the Q60 was the first line that came to mind for both. It may parallel the subway, but there are a lot of riders going from one stop to the other who don't want to go down into the subway (and LTD is more to prevent bunching anyway). And it is both bunched as well as packed.

So the line could surely use both.