MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh ok and also possible scrap parts such as 9879 which was there to give scrap parts to buses but I guess they are all gone now.

Buses from MTAB get scrapped/parted out at eastchester. Buses from TA/OA start their scrapping process at Zerega, than end up at eastchester.

You're gonna be seeing quite a number of those. Those 2000s are extras for CP.

Gotcha. I actually liked te older 1000's when CP had them because of their seats which I found to be recline particularly well. Haven't yet caught one of the 2000's on the QM5 yet, but looking forward. The display is a pain to read in the sun, though.

Gotcha. I actually liked te older 1000's when CP had them because of their seats which I found to be recline particularly well. Haven't yet caught one of the 2000's on the QM5 yet, but looking forward. The display is a pain to read in the sun, though.

With the Port Jefferson bustitution ending, however, will there still be a need for those buses? Or are those 2000s headed back to storage?

Funny, a few posts back, you claimed that this was permanent! Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G via Tapatalk 4

Here's the thing... the buses not only had "New York City Bus" removed from the sides and back (which LGA barely ever does when they get buses from the TA) but they also had yellow (MTA Bus) EZPasses in the front. In case you never noticed, NYCT buses use black EZPass tags while MTAB's are yellow, and LGA has plenty of buses that still have NYCT EZPass yet these 5000s got the yellow ones right away.

I'm thinking it was meant to be permanent but turned out not to be, and hey they still have a few left.

Here's the thing... the buses not only had "New York City Bus" removed from the sides and back (which LGA barely ever does when they get buses from the TA) but they also had yellow (MTA Bus) EZPasses in the front. In case you never noticed, NYCT buses use black EZPass tags while MTAB's are yellow, and LGA has plenty of buses that still have NYCT EZPass yet these 5000s got the yellow ones right away.

I'm thinking it was meant to be permanent but turned out not to be, and hey they still have a few left.

Umm.....all of that doesn't really mean anything at all. They'd have to make it into MTA Bus standards regardless.

Umm.....all of that doesn't really mean anything at all. They'd have to make it into MTA Bus standards regardless.

Well look at the 1996 RTS at MTAB, most still say NYC Bus and many have NYCT EZPass. And I'm talking buses that have been at MTAB for a while. Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

Well look at the 1996 RTS at MTAB, most still say NYC Bus and many have NYCT EZPass. And I'm talking buses that have been at MTAB for a while.

Right, but you still have some that even says MTAB, has all of the MTAB stuff and they still get swapped out regardless. Look at the influx that went to Jamaica recently from LGA!

They both use yellow EZ pass tags regardless. That's just the housing case that's different colors (black, yellow, white, etc.)

Doesn't all JFK's 1996 still say NYCT bus and they change the front ads. Why is the change from MTA to NYCT and NYCT and MTA bus so complicated I thought the farebox had to be changed and that's all.

That change the codes to the respective company, and that's pretty much all that matters. The average customer doesn't know the difference between NYCT Bus & MTA bus, just as long as it says (MTA) on it.

8798 is a good example. After coming back from (MTA) Bus, they never put the proper name back on it and it pretty much lived out its life saying (MTA) Bus. It lived for over a year at Ulmer Park & Jamaica...might still be at Jamaica now if they didn't retire it already

Edited by Fresh Pond

They both use yellow EZ pass tags regardless. That's just the housing case that's different colors (black, yellow, white, etc.)

That change the codes to the respective company, and that's pretty much all that matters. The average customer doesn't know the difference between NYCT Bus & MTA bus, just as long as it says (MTA) on it.

8798 is a good example. After coming back from (MTA) Bus, they never put the proper name back on it and it pretty much lived out its life saying (MTA) Bus. It lived for over a year at Ulmer Park & Jamaica...might still be at Jamaica now if they didn't retire it already

Yeah it's at JA now, it went from TA Bus (EC) - Ulmer, Ulmer - EN, EN - LG, then LG - QV, QV - JA.. So That bus has been to 6 garages in the past 2 years lol

Its easier to catch it, all 4 of BP routes start in Jamaica.

But I have to go all the way out there...  :(

At least when it was at LGA, I could walk a block up and see if it was there.

Now I'm hoping that it'll last a while.

Edited by GojiMet86