MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well JG should preserve one for their depot at least just like 4904 at SC.

Not happening.. And 4904 was suppose to be at Amsterdam that's what I was told & they might be getting rid of 4904.. The inside is a mess and it has a paper on the side window that says Donor Bus.

Not happening.. And 4904 was suppose to be at Amsterdam that's what I was told & they might be getting rid of 4904.. The inside is a mess and it has a paper on the side window that says Donor Bus.

They were never gonna put that bus in Amsterdam in the first place, its a CNG bus, that's why it stayed at spring creek

They were never gonna put that bus in Amsterdam in the first place, its a CNG bus, that's why it stayed at spring creek

Ahh.. Well that's what I heard. But anyways.. 4904 is a mess inside from what I was told & there's a paper on the side that says Donor bus. Don't know if the paper is still there but it was on the side a few weeks back when I went by. It was suppose to be at Bus Fest of 2012 last year but something went wrong. That bus hasn't moved in a VERY long time.

There are 11 RTS at CS. Not sure what they're there for. 4918, 5028, 5148, 5149, 8869, 9239, 9267, 9272, & 3 more I couldn't identify. Guys might wanna get those shots before they like leave or something.

Most likely maintenance...they got buses everywhere getting fixed that they usually don't belong

Um none of those buses have fare boxes in them.... I doubt it's maintenance.

8849 is there as well

They have fareboxes, although I also think it's for maintenance. 9267 and 5148 have "O/S HOLL" on their windshields, while 4918 has "O/S".

I'll post the pictures tomorrow on my flickr.

Edited by GojiMet86

There are 11 RTS at CS. Not sure what they're there for. 4918, 5028, 5148, 5149, 8869, 9239, 9267, 9272, & 3 more I couldn't identify. Guys might wanna get those shots before they like leave or something.

If a bus can't be fixed at its garage or if they don't have the part then they'll go to another garage to get fixed.. Just like QV sent 8001 & another LFS to CS a few weeks ago it was there to be fixed.

I got a weird one..... 4042 and 4050 are both on the S61 as per Bustime. No idea if these are moves are not.

It's a move they came from GH I believe.. I saw those 2 buses at EC this past Sunday they were sitting in the lot.

The reason why the bus hasn't Moved in such a long time is because of the politics and the age of the CNG bus plus no one wants to drive it, I heard they put new tanks in it

How do you know? If that's the case ... Then get rid of the bus (which they might do) but lets wait and see.

I got a weird one..... 4042 and 4050 are both on the S61 as per Bustime. No idea if these are moves are not.

Loaners. Also works in their favor since they are BusTime ready.

-EDIT-

4049 is also out there, it's on the S59.

Edited by Cait Sith

Damn, lol.

Lol I know.. That was quicker than I thought! And i commented on a post "caitsith" that they would return probably by the end of the year lol well that was quick! It didn't catch me at first though, I walked out my building and saw 2 buses coming and I said oh 5089 & 5115 & I forgot where they were & I'm like oh shit lol.

Lol I know.. That was quicker than I thought! And i commented on a post "caitsith" that they would return probably by the end of the year lol well that was quick! It didn't catch me at first though, I walked out my building and saw 2 buses coming and I said oh 5089 & 5115 & I forgot where they were & I'm like oh shit lol.

The shortages in Manhattan are not that big to constitute loaners to stay that long. Besides, the new pick IIRC starts on September 8th, so changes are possibly coming.

Luckily, Quill is not going through an artic shortage. I just hope they're ready once school season begins.

Edited by Cait Sith

The shortages in Manhattan are not that big to constitute loaners to stay that long. Besides, the new pick IIRC starts on September 8th, so changes are possibly coming.

Luckily, Quill is not going through an artic shortage. I just hope they're ready once school season begins.

Ahh, and yeah the new pick is that Sunday.

Speaking of an artic shortage, what's the word with those 1999 buses over at 126th? Any chance that the elusive '1300' ever makes service?

Hmm.. Looks like someone will have to make a trip over there lol. I hope it would go into service. I'm surprised the brought that one back out of storage instead of using another #.