MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

It was.. Now it's at FB.

4959 came back from Quilll, 4946 came back also. 4961 went from EN - FB. FB lost 9670 & a couple others I heard to FP.

If there was an update it would've been posted about a month ago lol for now everybody will have to keep their eyes & ears open.

Ahhh i see....i'm guessing a fleet move as well as mileage

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

30 for 30 swap

30 Non-Hydraulic ZF Novas to Jamaica, All 4400's to QV starting This week.

Shuts up the naysayers real good.

Several things. First, 6338 was spotted on the B38 today along with 6097 on the B57. Second, is t he info regarding the swap between Jamaica and queens village been confirmed or is it just rumorsville at this point?

The post above says that 4479 was transferred to Jamaica.

I heard that the swap will be for the fall pick

it all makes sense now. If everyone is preparing for the fall pick, then it explains the Orion v,s coming to Maspeth, the ng's going to QV, AND THE LFS' GOING TO JAM.

Something tells me that this is going to be an interesting fall pick on all accounts.

To me this seems similar to what happened with the XD40's. 45 split between two depots so the (MTA) might be happy with both the XD40's and LFS's.

Maybe it's just me, but it always seemed totally stupid on the TA's part to send all 90 of ny bus to one depot. It was equally stupid to send the same three depots 30 of each new bus type before distributing them to their assigned borough. splitting the LFS' 45 and 45 between JaMaica and Queens Villge makes the most sense in the long run. I mean, it works for Bklyn, so it should work for Queens as well.

I know i can't wait to see the 8xxxs appear on the Q17 and Q85 routes!!!!!!

Maybe it's just me, but it always seemed totally stupid on the TA's part to send all 90 of ny bus to one depot. It was equally stupid to send the same three depots 30 of each new bus type before distributing them to their assigned borough. splitting the LFS' 45 and 45 between JaMaica and Queens Villge makes the most sense in the long run. I mean, it works for Bklyn, so it should work for Queens as well.

I know i can't wait to see the 8xxxs appear on the Q17 and Q85 routes!!!!!!

My guess is that the (MTA) wanted to test all three bus models on each of those three depots at once to see what operates the best in either Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island.