MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was mentioned on another thread that the hybrids are finished for the S-79 SBS. Nova LFSs will replace them and the LFSs will be wrapped. This is a permanent move.

Anybody know which Nova LFS buses will be replacing the hybrids on the S-79 SBS?

Eventually the hybrids will be replaced, however it is not yet confirmed and MTA wants to run the hybrids on the 79 to test the screens, which are the same ones on the Bx30. They make make some last minute changes, but again it's not yet official.

Edited by East New York

Eventually the hybrids will be replaced, however it is not yet confirmed and MTA wants to run the hybrids on the 79 to test the screens, which are the same ones on the Bx30. They make make some last minute changes, but again it's not yet official.

They can't swap out the Clever Devices and put them in the Novas?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

They can't swap out the Clever Devices and put them in the Novas?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

No, it's not that simple. Clever has the contract for Hybrids, Villanova has Nova, and Strategic has New Flyer. The preliminary wiring schematics are exclusive to each bus at this time because a winner or winners have not been selected for the rest of the fleet. We will get into this a bit more this afternoon as well.

I will have a major update on that, future and current fleet moves, confirmed assignments for new buses, production and delivery schedules and all. As I previously said, the RTS/LFS swap was always temporary and the LFS would not go back to JA until large numbers of buses were back in service from scheduled maintenance, and new assignments were confirmed for all the new buses. Well, I have all that information now, so we can look at what's to come this years. New orders now pending as we look to the upcoming January board meeting. Major transfers coming soon as well. I will post those pending moves here, and order/delivery/depot assignment information in the Fleet and depots threads by 4pm.

No old RTS' were needed today as the system operates on a modified schedule with no school trips. Now that buses returning from scheduled maintenance, MTA is trying to decide how and when to replace the RTS fleets at LGA and JFK. 

XD60's to Stengel and Quill confirmed. Grand Av and ENY pending.

4700/5300 swap between BX and BK. (Pending)

XN40 75 to JG, 63 to WF

XN60 late 2017 delivery, spring/summer pilots expected. 1/4th (30-36) to JG, 3/4ths (74-80) to WF 

Ray "TheTransitMan" will post the transfers outlook later this evening.