MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5987 is not leaving stengel. It is going around depot to depot for examination. It is still assigned to stengel.

Correct. Tuskegee will officially be the "other Manhattan depot" I mentioned. Now that's out in the open, I will just add in that assignments are still being finalized and MTA keeps changing things. That's why we don't have a solid number for depot assignments for anything other than the XN40's right now. I keep getting deadlines for the assignment, but they have changed now more than a dozen times. This is the first time something like this has taken place. And I warn everyone this could be the case for the next orders which will now collectively call for 869 40 foot diesels may end up with last minute assignments as well.

Why are they both (5896&5987) going to tuskegee airmen?

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

5986 is an LFSA.

Correct. Tuskegee will officially be the "other Manhattan depot" I mentioned. Now that's out in the open, I will just add in that assignments are still being finalized and MTA keeps changing things. That's why we don't have a solid number for depot assignments for anything other than the XN40's right now. I keep getting deadlines for the assignment, but they have changed now more than a dozen times. This is the first time something like this has taken place. And I warn everyone this could be the case for the next orders which will now collectively call for 869 40 foot diesels may end up with last minute assignments as well.

5986 is an LFSA.

He meant LFSA 5896, which went from Stengel to Tuskegee.

-------

677 at West Farms.

Judging by its time logs, they've been doing driver training with that bus.

Edited by Cait Sith