MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG! Major changes coming as far as new bus assignments..... They will be posted this evening. Confirmations of everything all in except for last of the LFSA's. I will NOT be posting it..... It's very interesting, so I will let someone else in the know handle that..... After the post is made, the corresponding threads will be updated.

OMG! Major changes coming as far as new bus assignments..... They will be posted this evening. Confirmations of everything all in except for last of the LFSA's. I will NOT be posting it..... It's very interesting, so I will let someone else in the know handle that..... After the post is made, the corresponding threads will be updated.

Ooooooo

Done! Remember the "Pending for Grand Av XD60's??? Well that was true, however, check out the details! Also note the WF/JG swap..... WF will in fact take first delivery as I said they should 6 months ago! That's hot!

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/50083-preliminary-incoming-nymta-xcelsior-assignments/

Done! Remember the "Pending for Grand Av XD60's??? Well that was true, however, check out the details! Also note the WF/JG swap..... WF will in fact take first delivery as I said they should 6 months ago! That's hot!

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/50083-preliminary-incoming-nymta-xcelsior-assignments/

How many years does the RTS have left?

How many years does the RTS have left?

Scheduled retirement currently call for all but about 15-20 of them to be gone by January 2019. The only ones to be saved will be system reserve fleet, and the last of the 5200's which are rumored to retire out of Quill, and ENY to a lesser extent. This of course is subject to change, and hopefully it does.... If not, the RTS will still go down in history as the longest lasting, with 90% of the overall fleet over the years reaching at least 20 years of revenue service. This will effectively make the RTS the most cost effective transit bus of all time. That means when the MTA fleet retires, it will bump the GMC fishbowl from the top spot of most reliable bus made to date...... Looks like Nova will cone in behind that in the future...

Scheduled retirement currently call for all but about 15-20 of them to be gone by January 2019. The only ones to be saved will be system reserve fleet, and the last of the 5200's which are rumored to retire out of Quill, and ENY to a lesser extent. This of course is subject to change, and hopefully it does.... If not, the RTS will still go down in history as the longest lasting, with 90% of the overall fleet over the years reaching at least 20 years of revenue service. This will effectively make the RTS the most cost effective transit bus of all time. That means when the MTA fleet retires, it will bump the GMC fishbowl from the top spot of most reliable bus made to date...... Looks like Nova will cone in behind that in the future...

It seems like 4900-5249 is one MTA best nova rts.

So i guess around 2018 they will start to retire them.

Correction to my post: 1203, 1286-1289, 5541 Rotated (OH), assigned to OF

5620 Rotated (OF), assigned to OH

Roster updated.

https://sites.google.com/site/nycbuses/

That appears to be the case. 5620 is logged on as a OF bus.

5541 is now assigned to OH and logged on out of there as well, pulled out of OF this morning.

1286 and 1287 assigned(or logged on) as OH buses as of this morning. 1288 and 1289 pulled out of OF this morning and is currently in service out of OH.

1203 is still assigned, and logged on as an OF bus.

I must say, these rotations are interesting. Looking through the history, it's been rather frequent.

Edited by Cait Sith