MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So UTC still compiles parts of the roster? For a minute there, I thought he began updating his old roster again (Still down on geocities; unless it moved).

The one thing he always had over TTMG was the location and status of many retired buses.

I don't got time for keeping up with retired buses. Its a hard enough keeping up with the IN SERVICE equipment. When a bus is retired, its removed off my roster. NEXT!

I do believe "AMoreira81" saw NovaBus RTS-06 #5003 about two months ago in service...after the accident. So NOW the question is...is this bus "really" scrapped?

I just went to east chester last friday , the bus is on the storage side of east chester and the accident happened around late june - early july , correct me if im wrong . But they might try to fix the face , i doubt it though , there was nothing else wrong with that bus its on the storage side and its been sitting there for a while , it still has the farebox in it and stuff no parts were taken off . 8884 is on that side as well , including 9178 , 9108 ( thats ready to be stripped ) 9105 was moved to the scrap side and 6232 is on the storage side as well .

Im goin to correct my post about the mci swap. Spring creek is out. Up is sending their 2007 mci's to Meredith. Yukon sent 2215,16,17,18,25 to ccastle today as they just got in 2406,07,08,09,10 today.

I kind of figured that the D.O.B. was not going to move those MCIs from Spring Creek to Meredith. Now, those #4300s make more sense going to Meredith because it would THAT second batch that did not go there before (#4300-4314 at Meredith BEFORE being moved to Charleston). I wonder, I know #2040-2041 and #2066-2096 are being displaced so what other buses will head to Meredith?

It would be pretty cool to see those #2200s operate out of Castleton. As for the Prevost at Yukon...let me get my pictures right away!

I don't got time for keeping up with retired buses. Its a hard enough keeping up with the IN SERVICE equipment. When a bus is retired, its removed off my roster. NEXT!
Well, wasn't putting you down. Just saying that that was something I missed from UTC. I figured it was probably harder to get that information.

In other news, I see mention of depots retiring the 1996 Nova's. So they're not going to disperse them to MTAB first at all? They're going to just retire the 1995's (which are still widespread) and 1996's all together? (Like they pretty much got rid of the 1994 8600's all at once, after only minimally spreading them around).

In other news, I see mention of depots retiring the 1996 Nova's. So they're not going to disperse them to MTAB first at all? They're going to just retire the 1995's (which are still widespread) and 1996's all together? (Like they pretty much got rid of the 1994 8600's all at once, after only minimally spreading them around).

Uh? Ok first, there's only ONE 1995 NovaBus RTS-06 left and that's #8750 at Eastchester.

Second, the current 1996 NovaBus RTS-06 buses that are at Eastchester and LaGuardia will be there for a while. Maybe not as long at those TMC RTS-06 #8000s were but long enough.

If anything LGA will be expecting more 1996s to arrive most likely to push out those beyond shot-to-shit Ex Bees. They are on life support at this point. Also, A friend of mine tried to take 122 it stalled 3 times on him and the check engine light came on all 3 times.....What does that tell you. Real sad.

Yeah LGA shot them to shit is no time!

Uh? Ok first, there's only ONE 1995 NovaBus RTS-06 left and that's #8750 at Eastchester.

Second, the current 1996 NovaBus RTS-06 buses that are at Eastchester and LaGuardia will be there for a while. Maybe not as long at those TMC RTS-06 #8000s were but long enough.

OK; I 'm thinking all the 8700-9300's were 1995, and 9300-s and up were 1996. No, those are 1998's (I should have remembered, because that was when the new interior lighting took over, and that was what I was waiting to see spread to MTAB).

If anything LGA will be expecting more 1996s to arrive most likely to push out those beyond shot-to-shit Ex Bees. They are on life support at this point. Also, A friend of mine tried to take 122 it stalled 3 times on him and the check engine light came on all 3 times.....What does that tell you. Real sad.

Tells me that LG don't know how to take care of shit. How is it they've literally destroyed buses that were in like-new condition in less than 2-years. BP's are still rolling strong and are in FAR better shape than LGs.

I wouldn't be in the cheering section of LG if it was me...

(Just telling it like it is)

OK; I 'm thinking all the 8700-9300's were 1995, and 9300-s and up were 1996. No, those are 1998's (I should have remembered, because that was when the new interior lighting took over, and that was what I was waiting to see spread to MTAB).

Years for RTSs (see Volvo Group North America Section): http://www.ttmg.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=MTA_Regional_Bus_Operations_Fleet_Roster

Well, wasn't putting you down. Just saying that that was something I missed from UTC. I figured it was probably harder to get that information.

Not hard to get the information at all, its just tedious. Ray has a retired roster list that he maintains on the forums at TTMG.

As far as the '96 RTS' its about time for them to retire. LGA will get a few more, but the bulk of them are about to go bye bye by the beginning of 2013. Then its going to be time for some of the '97's to start making their wayover to LGA.

You also have to remember that there were only 104 1994 TMC's. So that was one series that wasn't likely to be spread around from the beginning.

Tells me that LG don't know how to take care of shit. How is it they've literally destroyed buses that were in like-new condition in less than 2-years. BP's are still rolling strong and are in FAR better shape than LGs.

I wouldn't be in the cheering section of LG if it was me...

(Just telling it like it is)

Thanks, I was going to ask about how the ones at BP were doing. Sad to see it's 'business as usual' at 'Tri-horror'. THey should've sent those ex-BLs to JFK and JFK send LGA their O5s. At least those JFK O5s were already sh*t.

Thanks, I was going to ask about how the ones at BP were doing. Sad to see it's 'business as usual' at 'Tri-horror'. THey should've sent those ex-BLs to JFK and JFK send LGA their O5s. At least those JFK O5s were already sh*t.

This goes to show you which "Private Bus Company" took care of their shit and STILL takes care of it!

Jamaica Bus, N.Y.B.S. and Liberty Lines were top-notch. Command and Q.S.C. were decent but looked respectable. "Spleen" .....I mean Green Lines and Triboro were a joke.

Now between those two (after the takeover), enough said. Not even going to break it down.

I totally agree especially the comments about those 7 companies.

Now granted I only have the Q35 as my only basis of judging FR, but it does seem like those O7s have made a slight improvement for that place. So far I haven't been on a FR bus that has crapped out in service. But time to time I will see some O7s being towed, so.. verdict is still out. But compared to LGA, I think ex-GL is slightly better now under MTA Bus.