MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I missed out on the earlier stuff about MTA buses on the LIB routes, but is this temporary or are those buses basically going to 'retire' on LIB - or soon to be ex-LIB?

Temporary while the (MTA) fixes up LIB's Orion Vs for their DOT inspections and to prolly kill the bus shortage there. 19 Orion Vs between the CNG depots are over at LIB.

Temporary while the (MTA) fixes up LIB's Orion Vs for their DOT inspections and to prolly kill the bus shortage there. 19 Orion Vs between the CNG depots are over at LIB.

They should learn how to fix their own buses...I mean, the chord is gonna be cut January 1 no matter what. They are not gonna be able to borrow buses from other depots after that...

Sorry for the double post, just saw the roster,

8795 at QUILL?! Now that's interesting.

Yeah, I was like WT-? (Sorry, couldn't finish it) Why would they need that bus. It's out of age compared to the rest of the RTS's Quill has which are from 98-99. I wonder if there's a plan for some reason to give Quill the 96's RTS to last a little while more by swaping out something or this is one of those no-sense moves like we saw in the summer. Ex. 5017 & 5135 becoming QV buses for a short time after being loaners since there also different in some by age compared to the RTS over there.

Edited by gtNovaBusRTS9369

Yeah, I was like WT-? (Sorry, couldn't finish it) Why would they need that bus. It's out of age compared to the rest of the RTS's Quill has which are from 98-99. I wonder if there's a plan for some reason to give Quill the 96's RTS to last a little while more by swaping out something or this is one of those no-sense moves like we saw in the summer. Ex. 5017 & 5135 becoming QV buses for a short time after being loaners since there also different in some by age compared to the RTS over there.

Its not up to who wants what , its up to management .

its probably a loaner...

They should learn how to fix their own buses...I mean, the chord is gonna be cut January 1 no matter what. They are not gonna be able to borrow buses from other depots after that...

Good point. Then again aren't those MTA bus O5s supposedly to be phased out over the next few years? To me LIB is what SI was a few years back by borrowing other depot's buses since they couldn't maintain their own buses.

Finally, if Veiola cuts some routes, maybe there won't be a need for so many buses.

i saw 5191 on at ft hamilton pkwy & 50th and a b11 driver told me it it not a loaner because they losing there c40s to mta bus and they wont get the newer c40s until jan

Most likely its a loaner it wont be there for long . And they will get their c40s late december - mid jan .

Yep, the RTS @ JG thing is true, a reliable poster on BC posted that some UP RTSs are now @ JG.

As a foamer and a commuter on a JG route, I think this is awesome! :cool:

I must admit, I'm shocked they didn't use 6000 Orions from CAS though, but they switched up the 3G order and made QV first so I guess its a moot point.

jackie gleason now has #5191 its the first rts bus in 12 years it still had flatbush stickers it was on the B11

Wrong. JG was last operating RTS Nova 5230-5249 when they were first transferred down to Brooklyn from Kingsbridge I believe a few years ago, prior to 2005 (but certainly not 12 years) I believe.