New Flyer XDE40 "Xcelsior" Hybrid

East New York

NICE!!! Are these the ones that are suppose to go WF/CP?

And i HOPE the (MTA) keeps it blue, im tired of White and blue strips!!

No. This is a diesel electric hybrid. Check out the links I posted above. If we get any of these they will be straight diesel for now. If we get hybrids, it wont be any time soon.

Very different looking. I like that blue LED sign on the front but I don't like the curved glass covering it. That's going to make that sign hard to read in the sun. Now to see how good this bus actually is, we need some inside shots.

I think they'd look better too... Hopefully they'll keep the orange color signage. It's a lot easier to read during the day and night time.

Blue and orange are just about the same, but that curved glass will catch glare from every light source out there. In fact, blue can be seen better at night then orange.

I don't like these and like INDMan said, I can see the sign being hard to read. Another issue is will people be confused by these buses since just about all MTA Buses are blue and white?? :eek:

I actually like the blue signs, but as INDman said, if we were to ever get any, they will be in standard MTA livery with amber LED signs. I also love the LED headlamps.

Here are some pics of the Xcelsior bus when it debuted at the 2008 APTA Expo in San Diego,CA.This is the diesel version.For those that havn't found out yet,there is a hybrid version at Ulmer Park already in service on the B6. Happy hunting people!Now the pics:

APTAExpo2008095.jpg

Rear shot:

APTAExpo2008084.jpg

Interior shot:

APTAExpo2008102.jpg

Drivers Area:

APTAExpo2008093.jpg

Im going tuesday would you like to come?

Yeah that'll be great.I decided not to go today anyway since I have to work at Gun Hill today and I really don't want to risk being late.Working in Brooklyn tomorrow has its perks.Anything else you need to speak to me about on this,send me a message.

Archived