R179 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Dj Hammers said:

That wouldn't be far from the truth if things go to plan haha

Their sources that order was change to mostly 5car units for full length of the (G)(C) can happen to increase the fleet size overall, we got to wait and see if it's true.

Edited by JayJay85

4 hours ago, JayJay85 said:

Their sources that order was change to mostly 5car units for full length of the (G)(C) can happen to increase the fleet size overall, we got to wait and see if it's true.

It might be true.  And perhaps it may be another reason for the delays on the r179's in addition to mechanical issues. 

2 hours ago, T to Dyre Avenue said:

Exactly, and I don’t think we’re going to see 600-foot (C) trains for the foreseeable future, at least not until there are a significant number of R211s in service. Or unless the run R46s on the (C)

It will happen before the R211s come in. You will see R46s on the (C) in all likelihood.

2 hours ago, 125thstreet said:

How much more testing need to be done? This is ridiculous.

As has been mentioned numerous times, any failure resets the clock and pushes the revenue date further back ...

In any case, the burn-in testing is a good sign.  If not this Saturday (as has been rumored), hopefully the revenue test will start by the end of the year.

22 hours ago, T to Dyre Avenue said:

Exactly, and I don’t think we’re going to see 600-foot (C) trains for the foreseeable future, at least not until there are a significant number of R211s in service. Or unless the run R46s on the (C)

Only if the (MTA) would have rebuided the montague tunnel to allow r32's to run thru...Then the (B) and (C) could have made an even swap....to allow longer trains on (C) service...My opinion 

So I’m getting more messages on the R179 in service date, or, more accurately, the legitimacy of the in-service date that I posted a few days ago. 

I’m getting an alarming number of texts saying that the date is not a possibility, while others aren’t ruling it out. 

My personal thoughts are mixed, the final burn-in tests are a good sign, but the lack of any advertisements on the train troubles me. 

I guess we will know on Friday, when we should get the simulated test. Let’s hope! (And yes, I stand with my original statement.) 

Edited by R42N

13 hours ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

I have a feeling that the 3 sets of r179's will enter service within the next few weeks and it will happen simultaneously:

3010-3019: A train 

3050-3057: C train 

3058-3065: J train 

I’m hoping that you’re right. We really need those cars in service and we need them to work. And hopefully, speed up the process a bit by putting three trains in service simultaneously.