Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
East New York

R179 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, R179 8258 said:

What would happen with the surplus of R160s. Since when the (C) suppose to all R179 and the (J) will R160/R179

There's not going to be a surplus of r160's.  Otherwise,  they would've retired all r32's with the r42s .

Remember that service needs to be increased on the A,C,J,M and Z during the L train shutdown.

Edited by subwaycommuter1983

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, R42N said:

I take no offense, and you have every right to be skeptical. The current schedule is for a Saturday commencement of the 30-day test. That's obviously subject to change, but that's that. 

 

 

And your source for this information is? ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, R42N said:

I take no offense, and you have every right to be skeptical. The current schedule is for a Saturday commencement of the 30-day test. That's obviously subject to change, but that's that. 

 

 

I'm sorry, who are you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, R42N said:

We all go by an alias here....

No shit. The question was rhetorical.

 

  • LMAO! 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets say this is true, they would have only a week to train all the (J) crews to be 179 qualified. IIRC when the R160s debuted on a new line it took several weeks to get all the crews qualified on one particular line. Personally I think R42N asked some random TA employee about the 179s IRL and they gave him a troll answer, and he took it as gospel, just my guess. I really hope R42 is right but I won't hold my breath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

40% of the (E) crew were R160 qualified when the R160's first started running on the (E) while about 90% of the (F) crew was R160 qualified 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Lets say this is true, they would have only a week to train all the (J) crews to be 179 qualified. IIRC when the R160s debuted on a new line it took several weeks to get all the crews qualified on one particular line. Personally I think R42N asked some random TA employee about the 179s IRL and they gave him a troll answer, and he took it as gospel, just my guess. I really hope R42 is right but I won't hold my breath.

Again, you have every right to be suspicious, I would be to if I was in your shoes, and there is every chance it won’t happen if things don’t go according to plan. 

It would help if someone credible came out to confirm or outright deny the claim, as it’s not my information (and it’s not some TA employee, it’s a corporate partner at the front office of the TTC in Toronto, who’s in constant chat with her MTA friends.)

Either way, I stand behind her, but it is contingent on a good week of burn-in, etc. 

Edited by R42N

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, R42N said:

Again, you have every right to be suspicious, I would be to if I was in your shoes, and there is every chance it won’t happen if things don’t go according to plan. 

It would help if someone credible came out to confirm or outright deny the claim, as it’s not my information (and it’s not some TA employee, it’s a corporate partner at the front office of the TTC in Toronto, who’s in constant chat with her MTA friends.)

Either way, I stand behind her, but it is contingent on a good week of burn-in, etc. 

Why does this remind me of someone...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lawrence St said:

Why does this remind me of someone...

Again, I take absolutely no offense if you don’t believe me. None, absolutely none. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Lets say this is true, they would have only a week to train all the (J) crews to be 179 qualified. IIRC when the R160s debuted on a new line it took several weeks to get all the crews qualified on one particular line. 

I'm pretty sure a pair of R179 were sent to ENY a few months ago to do testing.

I'm not believing this will be true due to constant problems with this order, but I also don't think it's as crazy as most of you say it is. My opinion, the R179s would likely start service in 2018 the earliest. If they do run next Saturday, great. Just don't expect me to foam like crazy that week especially since I'm pretty sure some of you secretly believe this story.

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MysteriousBtrain said:

 

I’m not believing this will be true due to constant problems with this order.

I should say, this information is as of a few days ago so if there were any other problems in the last 48-72 hours, then it might already be pushed back. I’m going to stick with her information, and let it sit, but it would be nice if someone with more concrete MTA info could shed some light. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if i have this right, you want us to believe the word of an employee in Toronto, over the word of MTA employees here who insist they have not been informed of a concrete date yet?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

So if i have this right, you want us to believe the word of an employee in Toronto, over the word of MTA employees here who insist they have not been informed of a concrete date yet?

The “employee” in Toronto is not an “employee”. She oversees a lot and has many NY connections, but, as you said, it’s not from the mouths of an MTA insider so your skepticism is completely valid. 

Look, I’m being completely honest. I’m not saying it’s a guarantee, and I’m not saying it’s someone who knows each and everything about the MTA. 

If you want to look the other way, please do. 

Edited by R42N

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2017 at 1:42 PM, LGA Link N train said:

well, I just hope that the R179's enter service on the (A)(C)(J) and (Z) lines. And since 300 R179's are expected, then 

50 R42's gone

222 Revenue R32's are still in and about 110-112 R32's will remain so

the (speculated) fleet assignments would be

(A) 40 cars (4 trains) Replaces 40 R32 cars

(C) 160 cars (20 trains) All R32's replaced on that route

(J)(Z) 120 cars (15 trains): replaces all R42's and some R32's

The (C) is going to be 600ft long so no R179 4car sets are going on the (C) thanks to Andrew Cuomo and Joe lhota for that decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JayJay85 said:

The (C) is going to be 600ft long so no R179 4car sets are going on the (C) thanks to Andrew Cuomo and Joe lhota for that decision.

No, the (C) is getting the R179’s. Where are the surplus cars going?! The (G) ?! I strongly doubt that. 

Edited by VIP
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

The 10 CAR sets are being shared between the (A) & the (C) , the 8 CAR sets are being shared between the (J) and (Z).

Still wonder why the (C) is getting 10 cars. I mean, it would be nice for it to stop stopping short, but the (C) isn't usually overcrowded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.