R179 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usually it is a year, but given the fact that they REALLY need the cars in service for the L shutdown car requirement increases, we may see the testing expedited. Once clearance testing is complete within the next month or so, the 30 day revenue testing date will likely be set in stone, probably some time during the first quarter of 2017. That way, the cars can be officially accepted and production on the bulk of the order can begin mid 2017.

Usually it is a year, but given the fact that they REALLY need the cars in service for the L shutdown car requirement increases, we may see the testing expedited. Once clearance testing is complete within the next month or so, the 30 day revenue testing date will likely be set in stone, probably some time during the first quarter of 2017. That way, the cars can be officially accepted and production on the bulk of the order can begin mid 2017.

That is pretty good to know.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, the R179 still needs to test 4th Avenue, Nassau St, Myrtle Av, 14th St-Canarsie and Jamaica lines and the Chrysite Street Cut?

When clearance testing first started, one of the first lines it was tested on was the Myrtle Ave line. I believe Fan Railer has footage on YouTube.

Since we all have not seen the testing of cars 3015-3019 at the Rockaways, my guess is that it's on hold for next month. The late delivery might have to do with it. They're probably gonna couple this set with 3010-3014 for the final 30 day system-wide 10 car clearance testing. What do you guys think?

Since we all have not seen the testing of cars 3015-3019 at the Rockaways, my guess is that it's on hold for next month. The late delivery might have to do with it. They're probably gonna couple this set with 3010-3014 for the final 30 day system-wide 10 car clearance testing. What do you guys think?

The thing is, the TA will NEVER just combine another 5 car set without testing it individually, that would void all FTA regulations. As far as I have obtained, the 10 car set will not test until after SAS opens, because the test teams are occupied with completing all tests on SAS as it is a priority.

Not quite! 3 mins .......

ab17dca64f6df33ee1626d9dd223f31f.jpg

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk