Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

R179 Discussion Thread


East New York

Recommended Posts

Today I seen an R179 on an Rock Park special.. first time I seen an 179 on those runs. I know the 179s ran in service before to Rock Park on G.O's though.

 

 

3032... Man the Pikin Yard pigeons must have ate Chipotle or White Castle or something as one half of the car is COVERED in thick bird poop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Emil said:

when I was out yesterday around 4-5 R179s hit the A line (I was on one myself), one on the C and like 2-3 on the J. I wonder how long before we get issues again.

Who knows. They'll probably be like what  the R142's are now or break down again within the next few months, at most I'd give it about 6 months since the last time it barely passed the 5 month mark.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For anyone that's curious I have happened to see the following sets return to service on the (A) as of Thursday October 22 1 PM:

                           3015-3019
3020-3024        3025-3029
3030-3034        3035-3039
                           3045-3049
3243-3247        3248-3252
3263-3267        3268-3272
3273-3277
3283-3287
                           3298-3302
3303-3307
3313-3317        3318-3322
3323-3327

This would make 8.5 full trainsets available. There may be more that I haven't witnessed yet or placed into service today.

There are still around 5-6 R160s on the (A) primarily on Rush Hour runs that regularly rotate between Jamaica.

Guessing the total number of NTTs on the (A) since June has surpassed 13 (seen 15+ different R160s out during this summer especially on Weekends) as the (C) is also borrowing a number of R46 sets off the (A) until all of their lemons return as well as increased amounts of R46s being shopped (off topic but one AM Rockaway Park trip was cancelled this morning as an R46 had a mechanical issue).

Edited by 4P3607
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, 4P3607 said:

For anyone that's curious I have happened to see the following sets return to service on the (A) as of Thursday October 22 1 PM:

                           3015-3019
3020-3024        3025-3029
3030-3034        3035-3039
                           3045-3049
3243-3247        3248-3252
3263-3267        3268-3272
3273-3277
3283-3287
                           3298-3302
3303-3307
3313-3317        3318-3322
3323-3327

This would make 8.5 full trainsets available. There may be more that I haven't witnessed yet or placed into service today.

There are still around 5-6 R160s on the (A) primarily on Rush Hour runs that regularly rotate between Jamaica.

Guessing the total number of NTTs on the (A) since June has surpassed 13 (seen 15+ different R160s out during this summer especially on Weekends) as the (C) is also borrowing a number of R46 sets off the (A) until all of their lemons return as well as increased amounts of R46s being shopped (off topic but one AM Rockaway Park trip was cancelled this morning as an R46 had a mechanical issue).

I have a question did they fix the R179  the broken one on 3292 came out separately because that's the one I saw on the picture split into 2 it was scared?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

A scared R179?  Is it human?

 No I'm talking about R179 subway cars came out separately broken back in June 3, 2020 on numbered 3292 that's the one on the picture the link bar came out separately apart did they fix it ?

Edited by Rigojefte Galo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Add 3278-3282 to the list. 9 × 10-car trains back in service. I don't know which 4-car sets have returned.

There's still one half-Cuomo, one full Siemens and about 3-4 other Alstom sets still along the (A) mostly found during rush hours (at least one goes to / from Rock Park almost every weekday if not two). 9502-7, 9118-9122, 8683-7 (the Blue LED set) which is hooked up to that 95xx Cuomo set. 8983-7 and another Siemens are some of the R160s I've seen but they rotate with other Jamaica sets often. 

Edited by 4P3607
Corrected
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/23/2020 at 8:01 AM, 4P3607 said:

Add 3278-3282 to the list. 9 × 10-car trains back in service. I don't know which 4-car sets have returned.

There's still one half-Cuomo, one full Siemens and about 3-4 other Alstom sets still along the (A) mostly found during rush hours (at least one goes to / from Rock Park almost every weekday if not two). 9502-7, 9118-9122, 8683-7 (the Blue LED set) which is hooked up to that 95xx Cuomo set. 8983-7 and another Siemens are some of the R160s I've seen but they rotate with other Jamaica sets often. 

What about R179 on numbered 3292 did they repair 5 cars sets the one came off separately that's the one on the picture happened on the A train back in June. 

Edited by Rigojefte Galo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rigojefte Galo said:

What about R179 on numbered 3292 did they repair 5 cars sets the one came off separately that's the one on the picture happened on the A train back in June. 

Of course they repaired it, why wouldn't it be repaired? Out of the 4 or 5 months they were out of service, you think they wouldn't have gotten around to fixing the couplers? That was the first thing they had to inspect because of it on every R179 car.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got one on the (C) without trying today, man I was so happy to get that R179 (C) train, HAVC had the air comfort nice and comfy and the train was fast. I was getting sick and tired of riding those damn R46s on the (C) all the time, garbage HAVC on those cars. I was on one where it was humid INSIDE the car, yuck. I wish their was 20 ten car R179 sets rather than 13 so one would have close to an 50 percent chance of getting one on the (A)  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/28/2020 at 7:24 PM, trainfan22 said:

Got one on the (C) without trying today, man I was so happy to get that R179 (C) train, HAVC had the air comfort nice and comfy and the train was fast. I was getting sick and tired of riding those damn R46s on the (C) all the time, garbage HAVC on those cars. I was on one where it was humid INSIDE the car, yuck. I wish their was 20 ten car R179 sets rather than 13 so one would have close to an 50 percent chance of getting one on the (A)  

How many R179s cars on the C train is back?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, EphraimB said:

Is Wikipedia right that the R179s completely replaced the R32s and that the R32s are no more?

Not really, the R32's to my knowledge at least are just in storage, there was a transfer a few days ago where 1 set of an R32 went to Coney Island Yard and another at Canarsie. They are still going to be used as contingency from what I've heard, although I could be wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rigojefte Galo said:

I know wikipedia's are right but the wikipedia's are not reliable because I also help wikipedia's to make a right sentence on sources. 

How's Wikipedia "right but not reliable"?

And what have you edited on Wiki since you bad grammar and contradict yourself here regularly?

Edited by Deucey
Spell check
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Deucey said:

How's Wikipedia "right but not reliable"?

And what have you edited on Wiki since you bad grammar and contradict yourself here regularly?

I don't add unsourced I add the right sources on edit everyone could help edit on wikipedia's if they have sources just like me I have sources to make it reliable I meant.

Edited by Rigojefte Galo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Rigojefte Galo said:

I don't add unsourced I add the right sources on edit everyone could help edit on wikipedia's if they have sources just like me I have sources. 

So do you do this on Polish Wikipedia? Because unless you're taking and trolling here, you don't write English well, and I can't imagine other Wiki English editors letting your edits remain if you type there like you do here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Deucey said:

So do you do this on Polish Wikipedia? Because unless you're taking and trolling here, you don't write English well, and I can't imagine other Wiki English editors letting your edits remain if you type there like you do here.

No they did so I'm the crew member to help edit everyone does also so they could make it reliable. 

Edited by Rigojefte Galo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.