A Preview of the MTA's Next New Bus

Guest MTA Bus

I don't think the bus is at any MTA depot in the picture since the bus right next to it clearly is not owned by the MTA.

The picture is taken inside @ Nova Bus parent company - Prevost parts and service center facility in 201 South Avenue - South Plainfield, NJ.

Why does the MTA buy buses from so many different companies? Maintenace costs are cheaper if you use one company. That's how airlines save money. They either have all Boeing or all Airbus fleets.

Airlines and Buses dont even match.

The problem is, MTA management has a very long idiotic history of buying one bus maker and one vehicle fits it all and it hurts their finances when you can get a competitive bid that actually saves money and get a good deal. MTA now recognized, competition is better than sole-sourcing. The test buses, if MTA's logic is correct... they maybe saving some money, maybe just in the short term period. They are still risking though....

The picture is taken inside @ Nova Bus parent company - Prevost parts and service center facility in 201 South Avenue - South Plainfield, NJ.

Yea it is , and speaking of prevost parts , lga recieved a package last week of prevost parts from 201 south ave south plainfield in nj . I dont know what they are doing with parts .

Yea it is , and speaking of prevost parts , lga recieved a package last week of prevost parts from 201 south ave south plainfield in nj . I dont know what they are doing with parts .

Probably for RTS buses?

Archived