SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like MTA has changed the way the (5) runs during GOs where it is extended overnight (unless SubwayTime is wrong). MTA no longer extends all (5) trains below E 180 St that happen before and after the GO. The Dyre Avenue shuttle runs for a bit before the GO extending (5) service begins. Same thing in the early morning after the GO ends, some (5) trains run as Dyre Avenue shuttles instead of MTA trying to maintain a 20-23 minute headway between E 180 St and Bowling Green.  How much money is being saved by stopping service for 40-60 minutes (two different times) and restarting it again instead of running it the whole night like before?

This GO overall is actually an improvement over previous practices (mostly during a multiple weekend stretch) involving the (2) or (3) being routed to the South Ferry terminal, the (5) running between 241/Dyre and Flatbush, and offering a walking transfer/block ticket between SFT and Bowling Green.

I'll rather hear "green line" or "yellow line" over of the "456" or "NQR".  They might be from another city and their routes go by color.

The train at Whitehall middle every mornings is a "bridge" train so customers can go to the southbound platform to exit since the escalator on the north end of the northbound platform is being replaced.

Once I saw a Jamaica R160 on the middle.

I wonder if they use the program "WALK THRU TRAIN" for the R46 LCD, I know they have it.

Guest Lance

I find it really annoying when people refer to lines as the 6 line, Q line etc.. Those are really routes running on various lines e.g. Pelham, Brighton etc. They can say the Q train but not the Q line. The MTA shouldn't even say that. It actually maters. It's really stupid to say "M trains are running on the F line".The correct thing to say would be that "M trains are running via 53rd Street", or "no M trains at these stations".

Most lines outside of the Manhattan trunks (Lexington, Broadway, 6th, etc.) have fallen out of the collective consciousness of the average rider. That's why lines are generally referred to their letter or number as opposed to their trunk.

Any news on the new South Ferry and its reconstruction?

I received disturbing news today that I may not be able to visit NY in October, unless a miracle happens (so much for getting photos of the R62As on the (7)<_<) but it may still happen next year, and the SF Loop is definitely something I want to see.

6.png Service is extended to Bowling Green

Late Nights, 12:01 AM to 5 AM, Wed to Fri, May 29 - 31

Service operates between Pelham Bay Park and Bowling Green.

The reason I'm posting this service change is because this is a rare opportunity to get a (1) and a (6) in one photo. An excellent time to get photos.                                                                                                                                                                                                       

6.png Service is extended to Bowling Green

Late Nights, 12:01 AM to 5 AM, Wed to Fri, May 29 - 31

Service operates between Pelham Bay Park and Bowling Green.

The reason I'm posting this service change is because this is a rare opportunity to get a (1) and a (6) in one photo. An excellent time to get photos.                                                                                                                                                                                                       

what the f---.that is the weirdest service change ever...

Guest MTA Bus

Today, I happened to see a R46 (F) train at Queens Plaza that was going via Crosstown. So many people were so confused when the (F) pulled in to Queens Plaza. Luckily, I was going to the (A) anyway, so that actually helped me.

Today, I happened to see a R46 (F) train at Queens Plaza that was going via Crosstown. So many people were so confused when the (F) pulled in to Queens Plaza. Luckily, I was going to the (A) anyway, so that actually helped me. It was comforting to see R46s back on the Crosstown line. When I got to Hoyt, a (C) pulled in and went express to Euclid Avenue. As it passed Franklin Av, there was an (A) running local to Euclid Avenue.

Today, I happened to see a R46 (F) train at Queens Plaza that was going via Crosstown. So many people were so confused when the (F) pulled in to Queens Plaza. Luckily, I was going to the (A) anyway, so that actually helped me. It was comforting to see R46s back on the Crosstown line. When I got to Hoyt, a (C) pulled in and went express to Euclid Avenue. As it passed Franklin Av, there was an (A) running local to Euclid Avenue.