SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is rush hour when all of these nut jobs come out or what?  Seems like all of the panhandlers and performers come out during the heat of the rush.  I think it's comical though when their voices are drowned out by the noise from the train.

You should really consider moving out of New York City then. It seems you cant handle it and its apparent in your posts.

I was at Concouse yard taking pics yesterday, which was nice! Using Tapatalk

It is. I had alot of fun the last time I was out there at the Concourse Yard (With Daniel the Cool, long story) and we were getting those photos of the redbirds stationed there.

Edited by realizm

Can they even store trains at Concourse right now? I was visiting my old school (Bronx Science) and looking over to Concourse, the tracks are almost all completely covered by rock solid ice.

Yeah they should be able to. Actually that is a good observation because I had similar questions. Corona for example takes advantage of every track to lay up trains but the B division does not in regards to the GC yard. I guess they have adequate room at CI yard to store such trains leaving some of the capacity at the CG yard underused. But thats left up to speculation. Its been a minute since I've been that far up in the system. But last time i was there it was on the weekend. Not too many trains stored there it was sort of bare.

Why is that? Your guess is as good as mine.

Edited by realizm

Well the last time I was up near Concourse (I travel past it twice a day to go to/from work), there was like 1 train in the yard

Thats it? Ok I admit I laughed when you told us that. It sounds even more empty then when I was there. At least it did have its share of what I think is a set of R21's marked for the (5) in two 4 car sets along with some R68s and R142s here and there. Yard superintendant must have it easy there, not much work to do (no trains!)

Thats it? Ok I admit I laughed when you told us that. It sounds even more empty then when I was there. At least it did have its share of what I think is a set of R21's marked for the (5) in two 4 car sets along with some R68s and R142s here and there. Yard superintendant must have it easy there, not much work to do (no trains!)

I saw the train marked (5) Times Square.

I saw the museum R40M Pair, some R142As, R68s, R26 7774-7775, R17 6895/R21 7267 (Possibly scrap)

Man, I really want to work for the (MTA)!

I also really want to by a Transit Planner. I have so many great plans!

I saw the train marked (5) Times Square.

I saw the museum R40M Pair, some R142As, R68s, R26 7774-7775, R17 6895/R21 7267 (Possibly scrap)

Man, I really want to work for the (MTA)!

I also really want to by a Transit Planner. I have so many great plans!

Go for it! Just make sure you have a plan B (College with the goal of going into a another growing field) if plan A doesn't fall through. But definitely strive to get in the MTA, its a secure part of the public job sector to be in from the feedback we recieve from the transit workers here.

If anything, you guys should be getting your last photos for the R62A. Pretty soon they'll no longer exist on the (7). The R188s will be around all the time soon... you don't have to catch one now.

I remember a few years ago when the R68s first popped up on the (G) and everyone rushed to try to catch it rather than getting the last few photos of the R46s on the (G).

If anything, you guys should be getting your last photos for the R62A. Pretty soon they'll no longer exist on the (7). The R188s will be around all the time soon... you don't have to catch one now.

I remember a few years ago when the R68s first popped up on the (G) and everyone rushed to try to catch it rather than getting the last few photos of the R46s on the (G).

Indeed, and as for myself: On it. Building an archive on R62A's on the (7), R142A's on the (6) . Saving it for a future throwback thread one day.