SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This...

...about 5 different car classes painted the same red color (and were more or less the same exact thing inside and out) and no one complains, but good heavens the NTTs look the same and everyone catches bitch fits

Talk about truth...

Going from a R160B alstom (N) to an R62 (3) was just a depressing experience. Those trains buck like shit, have horrible suspension, barely audible announcements (even though I knew where I was going) and there's barely any room. I know I'm comparing two trains from different divisions & I'm not trying to replicate the R188 thread, but I think it's time these trains either retire or get overhauled.

The (4) has 150 R142A cars in total. The rest of its fleet is R142s. Plus, after the (7) becomes 100% R188s, the (6) will only have 70 R142As left at Westchester.

I recently spoke  to a friend of mine who works for Westchester Yard once again no names being mentioned once the (7) is 100% R188s , unless Jerome and Westchester swap R142 for R142As , those R142As are gonna see mostly Rush Hour service and 2 or 3 sets on Weekends with the rest of course being R62As.. seams like their time on the (6) has already taken a toll on them. 

We also had 1150 R62/62A cars that ran along side with those Redbirds. No one complained about those either. Some members (and they know who they are, so they can't give me that load of crap) are also complaining about getting the very cars that debuted on the (6). I find that funny. Most people really don't care what train runs on that line. Just as long as it gets them from point A to point B.

Like iv said think of this as the 90s this time instead of Redbird's now we have the R142A's on the (6) and come on its getting old people have to understand R62As are back on the (6)<6> to stay , most people just want to get to work or home they dont care what type of train that they get..

Edited by R62AR33

Going from a R160B alstom (N) to an R62 (3) was just a depressing experience. Those trains buck like shit, have horrible suspension, barely audible announcements (even though I knew where I was going) and there's barely any room. I know I'm comparing two trains from different divisions & I'm not trying to replicate the R188 thread, but I think it's time these trains either retire or get overhauled.

True I noticed that. The R62s on the (3) does buckle up. It is what it is, as long as it runs and it isnt safety issues I guess I'll just hang on for the ride. I'm sure they will catch up to it as the funds open up so they can do some light maintenance on the cars.

At least the MDBFs aren't bad on these cars which is the more important thing.

I saw a message board on sub chat saying "A very lost (A) train" the pic was showing A to Far Rockaway at Roosevelt Ave on QBL. Anyone heard about this incident? or it was a prank because it never show the front bullet.

Saw that post and like someone said the R46s miss Jamaica

Using Tapatalk

I saw a message board on sub chat saying "A very lost (A) train" the pic was showing A to Far Rockaway at Roosevelt Ave on QBL. Anyone heard about this incident? or it was a prank because it never show the front bullet.

Actually sometime last year, an (A) train did get rerouted to Jamaica 179 St. I don't know why

Signal problems near 59 St forced damn near everything into Queens Blvd

Was this during rush hour? QB must have been crazy.

Well, from news articles from the time, the original plans were for either Rogers or Nostrand with Nostrand being chosen.

Interesting, Thanks, maybe Rogers was too close to the Brighton line.

Update: The (R) is not all 100% NTTs as of this week despite initial speculation. Got this today this morning:

IMG_6941_zpsa295033d.jpg

There are two of them in service as of Sunday. As for the R32 (R) , not in service today as per a man designated to the RTO Division. Not known if we will see it again with ongoing vibration tests slated.

Update: The (R) is not all 100% NTTs as of this week despite initial speculation. Got this today this morning:

IMG_6941_zpsa295033d.jpg

There are two of them in service as of Sunday. As for the R32 (R) , not in service today as per a man designated to the RTO Division. Not known if we will see it again with ongoing vibration tests slated.

I got a couple this past week.

IMG_6941_zpsa295033d.jpg

Hey thats my home stop!