SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I though calling out the wrong stops was bad. How the hell does one not expect to be seen when surfing an R32? One can easily see them from the storm door window. 

What's next, stealing the train?

I (and I bet a lot of you guys) get frustrated when we see this like this since we all get the blame. 

Something needs to be done about the air quality at 36 Street. The construction on the southbound express track side of the platform is making a lot of people hold their noses.

Got a single photo of the work done yesterday:

IMG_6969_zps7b878752.jpg

Well the work is necessary so I can deal with it for one weekend. That way it should help the T/Ds in dispatching the  (D) and (N) trains to its proper destinations in a more timely manner. Much of the delays during rush hour is due to bottlenecking @ the 36th Street interlocking. The replacement track work in the station should help improve service on that part of the BMT 4th Ave line.

As for the odors, many people piss on the ends of the platforms which is nasty really. Hence the smell of urea and ammonia reaking up the station. I dont get it because there are bathrooms open to the public at that station.

Edited by realizm

Today was the first time in 17 years of my life that I rode the (L). I didn't ride the entire line though. I only rode it from Broadway Junction to Union Square, after fanning the (A) and its shorten version (to which I usually do almost every after school and all the time when school's out).

The midday G.O. had trains split into two sections on the (L), with the elevated portion running 3 tph. Even though I'm completely indifferent to the line and its fleet, it is a pretty fast service, especially through the 14th Street tubes. After that, I went fanning on the (N) between Union Square and Astoria, then I stayed on it until Atlantic to take the (3) home.

So that only leaves the  (S) 42nd Street Shuttle, which I don't really bother to ride at all.

P.S. Even though it was mention several times before that the (N) always gets priority over the (D) at DeKalb, today was the other way around.

Edited by RollOverMyHead

Today was the first time in 17 years of my life that I rode the (L). I didn't ride the entire line though. I only rode it from Broadway Junction to Union Square, after fanning the (A) and its shorten version (to which I usually do almost every after school and all the time when school's out). The midday G.O. had trains split into two sections on the (L), with the elevated portion running 3 tph. Even though I'm completely indifferent to the line and its fleet, it is a pretty fast service, especially through the 14th Street tubes. After that, I went fanning on the (N) between Union Square and Astoria, then I stayed on it until Atlantic to take the (3) home.

So that only leaves the (S) 42nd Street Shuttle, which I don't really bother to ride at all.

They've been doing that split service for the (L) for a while now. I fanned at 125th (1) followed by Smith-9th Streets and 4th Avenue (F)(G) and then to Howard Beach-JFK Airport (A) and ended it at New Utrecht Avenue (N) , which i'm going back to because I only got 1 shot before my camera ran out.

On the weekends what happens to Jamaica's R46's because I don't see many on the (R) and none on the (F)? What I find interesting is that Jamaica's R160's are stored in the stations and tunnels after Forest Hills towards Jamaica. However I don't see R46's stored up in the tunnels and the yard has it usual amount of R46 and R160's stored. So do the R46's get stored at CI yard and the (R) uses the R160's from CI?

Still haven't seen nor ridden in person an R62A on the (6), that's my random thought of the day (Now Imma go back to eating bacon)...

I'm now craving it... you owe us some :P

I was wondering if they ever did the gas test in the system? I rember last year or so the MTA was going to conduct a test to see how far has spreads around the system. Never heard on how it went

On the weekends what happens to Jamaica's R46's because I don't see many on the (R) and none on the (F)? What I find interesting is that Jamaica's R160's are stored in the stations and tunnels after Forest Hills towards Jamaica. However I don't see R46's stored up in the tunnels and the yard has it usual amount of R46 and R160's stored. So do the R46's get stored at CI yard and the (R) uses the R160's from CI?

There are R46s on the F on weekends. On Saturday I saw like about 8 R46s on the F and 3 R46s on the R.

Yeah I have two home stops. Sometimes 8th Ave sometimes Bay Ridge Ave. I'm equal distance bet both stations.

You a Brooklyn boy, Realizm?

After hearing about the condition of SI R44s and with the dismissal of their mainline cousins, I find it amazing that the R46s are still around and they basically have the same carbody

You a Brooklyn boy, Realizm?

After hearing about the condition of SI R44s and with the dismissal of their mainline cousins, I find it amazing that the R46s are still around and they basically have the same carbody

Yes sir! Borooklyn born and raised with a god awful Brooklyn accent, lol. The R46's are running without a hitch on the (F) and (R) . On the (R) on the Brooklyn end I spotted two, rest are R160's. 24-7, 7 days a week.

Same on weekends with the (R) via bridge.

Yes sir! Borooklyn born and raised with a god awful Brooklyn accent, lol. The R46's are running without a hitch on the (F) and (R) . On the (R) on the Brooklyn end I spotted two, rest are R160's. 24-7, 7 days a week.

Same on weekends with the (R) via bridge.

I was in your area Sunday via the (R). Caught a 160 set out of Times Square (X28 wasn't running :( ) got off at 86 St. Got some good bus pics (See MTA Transit photos & videos on Facebook) in Bay Ridge).

On my way back, I took the B16 and caught the (D) (should be the (B) in my opinion, hmph) at 55 St for a transfer at W 4th St to the (A). That's when I saw the (R) running down 6 Avenue across the Bridge and at Bway Laffayette. Then caught a R32 (C) at W 4 St running express to Port Authority. A weird day for travel certainly

I was in your area Sunday via the (R). Caught a 160 set out of Times Square (X28 wasn't running :( ) got off at 86 St. Got some good bus pics (See MTA Transit photos & videos on Facebook) in Bay Ridge).

On my way back, I took the B16 and caught the (D) (should be the (B) in my opinion, hmph) at 55 St for a transfer at W 4th St to the (A). That's when I saw the (R) running down 6 Avenue across the Bridge and at Bway Laffayette. Then caught a R32 (C) at W 4 St running express to Port Authority. A weird day for travel certainly

The X28 hasn't been restored yet on weekends, but you could've used the X27 depending on your location in Bay Ridge.  That's what I use when I go to Bay Ridge on Sundays.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8