SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God dang it I wanted to catch the 2 to Rector :/

Eastern Parkway is flipped this weekend so (2)(3) service will run as usual in Kings CTY.

However (4)(5) service is getting cut this time. There will be no (5) service along Southern Blvd this Sunday and no (4) service past City Hall.

I suggest taking the (R) if you enter Fulton St (or if you read my post and use your UL ride MetroCard to skip systems.

Of course, the usual 7th Avenue charm is OK too.

If I remember correctly (E) trains are rerouted by the (F) line but this time on both flanks. Instead of WTC they terminate at 2nd Avenue - East Houston St station.

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

Eastern Parkway is flipped this weekend so (2)(3) service will run as usual in Kings CTY.

However (4)(5) service is getting cut this time. There will be no (5) service along Southern Blvd this Sunday and no (4) service past City Hall.

I suggest taking the (R) if you enter Fulton St (or if you read my post and use your UL ride MetroCard to skip systems.

Of course, the usual 7th Avenue charm is OK too.

If I remember correctly (E) trains are rerouted by the (F) line but this time on both flanks. Instead of WTC they terminate at 2nd Avenue - East Houston St station.

Where does it say anything about the (5)?

Some GOs are being cancelled, and NYCT is running a coastal storm equivalent of a winter weather plan.

Which one exactly I can't say for sure but expect your express trains to start making local stops fairly soon.

As of a few minutes ago, the (D) and (N) are local in Brooklyn and the (A) and (Q) are local in Manhattan

Wait, so then why does it still say on the site that (2)'s are running to Rector? However it says nothing about the (3).

This time (2)(3) service isn't being throttled. That has now been applied to the (4)(5).

Some service change posters remain up because they apply to multiple weeks. Not this weekend...

What's the point of GO's in the first place?

GOs are mainly reroutes or suspensions for construction purposes. This particular one was part of the "Fix and Fortify" program, which, in the future, will prevent another Hurricane Sandy situation with the flooded tunnels and such.

GOs are mainly reroutes or suspensions for construction purposes. This particular one was part of the "Fix and Fortify" program, which, in the future, will prevent another Hurricane Sandy situation with the flooded tunnels and such.

Then why don't the MTA say that construction is going on instead of randomly cutting service without informing the public.

They have informed the public [emoji848]

No they haven't on some cases. Last week for example. I had to take the (L) into the city and there was no service after Myrtle-Wykoff. Friday night when I went on MTA.com it said that  (L) had good service and there was no plans. Next Morning now all of sudden there's construction plans. What's sup with that?

Edited by Take a Ride on the 1

No they haven't on some cases. Last week for example. I had to take the (L) into the city and there was no service after Myrtle-Wykoff. Friday night when I went on MTA.com it said that (L) had good service and there was no plans. Next Morning now all of sudden there's construction plans. What's sup with that?

The Weekender site has the next weekends service changes as early as that Thursday. The "Good Service" indicator is for service at that time not upcoming times. The Weekender site did list the (L) closure (I have the app and was checking it)

The Weekender site has the next weekends service changes as early as that Thursday. The "Good Service" indicator is for service at that time not upcoming times. The Weekender site did list the (L) closure (I have the app and was checking it)

The weekender said Friday night that (2) were running to Rector St and (3) was going to 14 St. Clark St tube was getting work done on. Also  (4)  (5) were stopping at Bowling Green.  (E) were running via  (F) on 6 Av. There was no  (D) in Brooklyn. The  (L) didn't have any plans. 

The weekender said Friday night that (2) were running to Rector St and (3) was going to 14 St. Clark St tube was getting work done on. Also  (4)  (5) were stopping at Bowling Green.  (E) were running via  (F) on 6 Av. There was no  (D) in Brooklyn. The  (L) didn't have any plans. 

The "Planned Service Changes" tab also tells you this info, and it tells you days ahead.