SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

That's because it thinks Cortlandt is the next stop after Chambers, so when you skip it, it's still going to think you still want to stop at Cortlandt which is why that bug occurs.

Same thing with the (2) to South Ferry, it's still programmed to have the coordinates for new South Ferry. So basically it's going to bug out and announce its self as a Wakefield bound (2) train at Rector, then bug out and say THE NEXT AND LAST STOP IS SOUTH FERRY. The this is announcements play correctly at South Ferry, and that surprises me.

But here's the thing, no one seems to know how to program their 2 train after they leave South Ferry. They sign it up correctly as a 2 to East 180th, but they seem to forget that they're setting it coming from FLATBUSH. So basically you got 6 (2) trains at 14th St thinking the next stop is President St.

The train did correctly announce that the next stop was Rector Street. It could be that the Rector Street program wasn't properly programmed to omit the destination portion of the announcement.

I was on a (2) train that came from South Ferry going Uptown, and the conductor programmed the train going to E 180 and did the same thing where the train thinks it's coming from Flatbush. The conductor did reset the program properly at Chambers Street.

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try googling it

I did already through here http://www.ntsb.gov/investigations/AccidentReports/Reports/RAR9601.pdf

I don't know if im misinterpreting the accident but I think the report said the  (brownM) bypassed the first signal from Ft Hamilton station with yellow signal. The  (brownM) wasn't supposed to be sitting in the station

Yep, the (4) and (6) glitch will typically happen Manhattan bound if the transfer announcements don't play at 125th Street, and then go on until the train reaches either the next "borough" or the terminal.

With the AAS changes made last year, they've made the AAS "think" it's in a new borough at the start/end of express/local runs and the stop before the program's terminal, so now the (4) announcements end up going back to normal at Brooklyn Bridge instead of Borough Hall. In theory the Manhattan bound (6) announcements should stop at Canal Street on a train terminating at BB, but I haven't been on a glitched (6) train at Canal to see what happens.

That is bizzare.

An (R) train from Coney Island is not that rare. It happens every now and then.

Well, that (R) train also skipped 53 Street—and only 53 Street. It made a full stop for a moment and continued without the doors opening. It opened the doors at 45 Street though.

7:15 AM: left Coney Island–Stillwell Avenue from track 1, and stalled for a moment at the yard to drop off some people probably

7:29 AM: stopped at 8 Avenue

7:34 AM: stopped at 59 Street on the local track, and on the southbound express track there was another (R) out of service.

7:40 AM: stopped at 36 Street after passing by another (R) train running down the southbound express track from 45 Street. I got off.

7:43 AM: another (R) train and a (D) train arrived and I got on the (D) train.

7:48 AM: there seemed to be a glut of (R) trains, because the (R) train across the platform at Atlantic Avenue–Barclays Center waiting for us was the one ahead of the (R) train that I was on before.

Edited by CenSin

Ironically all of the R32's I've ridden on assigned to the (J) / (Z) have had working air conditioning and has yet to break down. East New York is taking great care of those cars.... Unlike Jamaica a few years ago when they had R32's ... They would put the dead cars in the middle of the consist.

Edited by VIP

I saw to many R42's today on the (2) signed up with the weirdest destinations lmaoooo.

One was signed up as a 2 to Chambers, the other was signed up as a 2 to Rector, the other was signed up as a 2 to Bowling Green, the other was signed up as a 2 to South Ferry, the other was signed up as a 2 to 14th.

SO MANY 2'S LOL.

By the way, how come the NTT'S announcments glitch when the (2) program to Rector St goes on?

That's part of an ongoing service change that excludes (2)(3) trains in Brooklyn. More exclusions like that are coming soon. Based on what they did with the (4)(5) which were extended, unlike past weeks, the repair focus was solely Lower Manhattan otherwise there would be no service along Eastern Parkway.

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

I knew that. If they cut off both (2)(3) and the (4) and (5) from Brooklyn, there would be no service from Lower Manhattan into Brooklyn.

But I like the way how they're using the turning abilities of Grand Central and 14th St to turn the (3) and (5) around so it dosent bottleneck Bowling Green (or BB) or Rector St/South Ferry

I knew that. If they cut off both (2)(3) and the (4) and (5) from Brooklyn, there would be no service from Lower Manhattan into Brooklyn.

But I like the way how they're using the turning abilities of Grand Central and 14th St to turn the (3) and (5) around so it dosent bottleneck Bowling Green (or BB) or Rector St/South Ferry

(cough, cough) (R) (cough, cough)

Yea and that bottlenecked (R) service to the point where it was a gigantic mess.

See here's the thing, when Plan 3 is in place and you suspended all elevated service, that's the point when the subway starts to become a real hot mess.

For example, back in Blizzard2016, when the (L) was suspended between some stop I can't remember and Rockaway Parkway, they had to store the R143's on the express tracks on CPW (which was a awesome photo op by the way.) This caused (C) service to be suspended since the (A) had to be running local and three services on the local track is going to severely delay service on CPW.

Same thing with the (7), since Hunters Point was its last stop, that severely delayed service along the (7) from 34th St to Hunters Point since only two tracks were being used.

Remember, every line was built and is modified to this day to make sure that service doesn't delay (except for QBL thats a horror show) bottleneck. It's to maintain TPH and service. 

So I take the Lefferts Blvd (S) and as we leave Grant Ave, the train switches to the Lefferts/Far Rockaway-bound express track at Euclid while an (A) pulls up on the Manhattan bound local track. A young lady and I who were on the shuttle rush up the stairs and over to catch the train and it just so happens yet another train pulls in on the Northbound express tracks and the crew switches from that train to my (A).