SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never noticed. Every (R) train I rode was stark empty. Everyone seems to hate the (R) so much, you think they'd be relieved.

Nope.

I made snow angels at Canal Street that day... [emoji12]

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

Depends on when you rode it.

I had to go into Manhattan that day and came in around 11:30 AM on an empty R160 (R). When I went back home around 2:30 however, Broadway and the (R) was a shit show;  (Q) trains were ending at Whitehall and (N) trains were non existent. The (Q) was the first train to come into 8 Street-NYU, so I hoped that to Whitehall and waited for the (R) which was a packed to the gills R46.

This crowding situation was only for a couple hours however. When the (N) was cut back to 59 Street in Brooklyn and Lexington Avenue in Manhattan, the reliability shot back up (Turning the few (Q) trains running between Whitehall and 57 Street into extra (N) trains also helped).

So yeah between 2PM when the (Q) was cut in Brooklyn and 4PM when the (N) was truncated and (Q) suspended, the (R) was the only sure thing running on Broadway and packed to the gills.

Edited by Around the Horn

So we all know that the Second Ave Line will open up later this year and the (Q) will be diverted there. Could there possibly be a code for the (F) to go there too since they can cross tracks before Lexington 63rd Ave?

Theoretically if something Fs up the 63rd Street tunnel and an (F) is at 57th Street. They'd just route most of them through 53rd Street with delays and possibly have an (M) short-turn on Second Avenue to reduce the issues. Not sending the (F) to Queens would require extending the (M)(R), which would be more trouble than it's worth.

So we all know that the Second Ave Line will open up later this year and the (Q) will be diverted there. Could there possibly be a code for the (F) to go there too since they can cross tracks before Lexington 63rd Ave?

If the MTA can make a code for the (V) to Canarsie or the (D) to Rockaway Park, why not make a code that has more of a chance of happening?

Edited by r142a 7795

If the MTA can make a code for the (V) to Canarsie or the (D) to Rockaway Park, why not make a code that has more of a chance of happening?

The (F) via 2nd Ave could happen in some type of emergency but I know that the likely thing to happen would be the (M) shortened to Essex St or Chambers Street the (F) via 53rd and some type of delay on the already slow (R) line.

Didn't someone on here mention a (N) or (R) code to 96th existing. I don't really follow up on the subway forum like I used to so I only capture a few things here and there.

I went to the High Line today and took the (7) to Hudson Yards to get there. The train had a decent crowd. There was about 10 people in my car and 20 or so, in the car next to mine. Seems most people were going to either the Boltbus, Megabus or the High Line...

The MTA projected that this station would be one of the busiest stations in the system in the future. I don't really look forward to that. I usually take the (7) from Grand Central to Times Square back to Queens just so I can get a seat because it's annoying standing from Grand Central to Flushing Main Street especially after a long day.

Good News and bad news.

Good news is that they fixed the Rector St program for the (2).

Bad news is that it sounds like a spliced mess. The first part comes from the Lex announcments, the second is 7th Avenue announcing Rector St, and then followed by the usual "2 train."