BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, lormier st said:

ok so dont start a fight. this is why its called random thoughts thread

He's not trying to start a fight, he's asking you the reasoning behind it. Is there a group of people which would benefit from such a route (which refers to the "certain market" aspect), or did you not think about anybody in particular?

1 minute ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

He's not trying to start a fight, he's asking you the reasoning behind it. Is there a group of people which would benefit from such a route (which refers to the "certain market" aspect), or did you not think about anybody in particular?

i was thinking instead of B15 bus to JFk, what about B15 to bensonhurst

7 hours ago, lormier st said:

Who thinks the B15 should have another route where it goes with the B83 then the B6 to Bensonhurst

HMPKJI6.gif

4 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

I’d ignore that. Looks like it’s someone trolling on the page and not contributing. 

This.

4 hours ago, Snorunts said:

Is there any point of that?

2 hours ago, Lex said:

Are you trying to tap into a certain market, or is this just for the hell of it?

1 hour ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

See below.

13 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

What they're asking you is.

1. Why?
2. Who would benefit from this?
3. Where would it go?

...and they're giving him more credit than he deserves by doing so.... @Future ENY OP is spot on here.

23 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Does anyone else have a headache from trying to understand this dude or is it just me?

Can't expect much coherency from a dude that can't muster the correct spelling of a subway station he chose for a forum handle....

2 minutes ago, lormier st said:

1. i dont have a answer

2. jeez i just said one thing that was random

3. it will go to bensonhurst

Why would you propose an idea if you don’t have an answer for ‘why it’s an idea you had’?

If you look at all the proposals and random thoughts posts of “ideas”, there’s always some motivation beyond “I was sitting on the toilet and it popped in my head” - that’s what’s being sought here.

If you need an in-depth example of this, look for @LaGuardia Link N Tra’s RBB reactivation post in the Subway forum.

8 minutes ago, lormier st said:

@Deucey it was just a idea. these people made it a problem

The custom here is everyone with a random thought or proposal/idea has a rationale behind it and either explains it in the post or when questioned on it.

The problem is that you didn’t do that here.

The solution I, @Cait Sith, and everyone else on the mod and admin team are telling you is to explain the rationale behind your ideas and random thoughts.

Yours is a very simple problem to solve.

3 hours ago, Deucey said:

Why would you propose an idea if you don’t have an answer for ‘why it’s an idea you had’?

If you look at all the proposals and random thoughts posts of “ideas”, there’s always some motivation beyond “I was sitting on the toilet and it popped in my head” - that’s what’s being sought here.

If you need an in-depth example of this, look for @LaGuardia Link N Tra’s RBB reactivation post in the Subway forum.

Wow, I had to go back and reread that thread. Looking back, I see how much I have changed when it comes to posting ideas since I first posted that thread. As much as I’d love to see the RBB be reactivated for rail service (don’t even care if they choose Subway/LIRR anymore), I think I’m getting a better understanding of why its not simple to do so given the costs and politics behind it. If the city could at the very least clean up the Right of Way to allow for the provision of either a rail or trail line, I’d be content with that. But that’s unlikely to happen anytime soon. Also, Don’t know how I managed to get that thread to be 34 pages long, but somehow I did that...

10 hours ago, lormier st said:

Who thinks the B15 should have another route where it goes with the B83 then the B6 to Bensonhurst

Now, I’m no expert when it comes to the Brooklyn Bus Network (that’s mainly cause I was live in Queens), and taken into consideration that everyone else has said further up the thread but

1. the B15 is already long enough as is, I’m not sure about the B83 and B6 since I don’t live in Brooklyn. 

2. What is the rationale behind this route? Are you proposing the idea just for the fun of it?

7 minutes ago, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

Wow, I had to go back and reread that thread. Looking back, I see how much I have changed when it comes to posting ideas since I first posted that thread.

That’s why I cited it - it’s probably the best example of how to get up to speed on how it works here.

12 hours ago, lormier st said:

There is no demand for that. Not only would there be an extensive amount of backtracking to get to the B83 route in the first place (backtracking btwn E 98 St + Van Siclen Av), most of the route would be redundant if it would be overlapping with the B6. Only way I could see it maybe working is if it was a limited service, but even then, going from Bed-Stuy to Bensonhurst via the B83 and B6 routes would definitely not be the fastest way and (depending on the route's frequency) the overlapping bus routes would overshadow the demand for such a route.

3 hours ago, Deucey said:

Trying to give a new poster a chance to abandon Reddit and Twitter “Forever Alone” tendencies and become a contributing member before the banhammer gets swung.

So, trying to turn a (bad) troll into a contributing member.... Got it.

2 hours ago, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

Now, I’m no expert when it comes to the Brooklyn Bus Network (that’s mainly cause I was live in Queens), and taken into consideration that everyone else has said further up the thread but

1. the B15 is already long enough as is, I’m not sure about the B83 and B6 since I don’t live in Brooklyn. 

2. What is the rationale behind this route? Are you proposing the idea just for the fun of it?

Couple others have tried before you & quite frankly, failed.... Look at the nature of dude's responses in this thread after having been asked similar questions.... Tells you all you need to know.... Dude aint here for the discussion.

Edited by B35 via Church

1 hour ago, B35 via Church said:

Couple others have tried before you & quite frankly, failed.... Look at the nature of dude's responses in this thread after having been asked similar questions.... Tells you all you need to know.... Dude aint here for the discussion.

Welp, that’s unfortunate. 

12 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

So, trying to turn a (bad) troll into a contributing member.... Got it.

11 hours ago, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

Welp, that’s unfortunate. 

@lormier st  was a troll

Edited by Samuel Hall

18 hours ago, lormier st said:

@Deucey it was just a idea. these people made it a problem

move out of the way, boys, let’s try giving this a woman’s touch...

Look, the thing about message boards is they don’t work like Facebook or Reddit. You don’t just post whatever you want. You follow the rules of the community.

yeah, you had a rather random thought, but I admit the title to this thread can be misleading. 

you asked about the B15 to Bensonhurst... you asked us what we thought about it, but didn’t provide sufficient details to allow those of us who are trying to understand you to figure out your question.

why the B15? Why not another route? Why not a new route?

why take bus service AWAY from a not only a major transportation hub, but a major source of jobs?

who benefits from it?

these are the questions we all ask each other all the time anyone comes up with an idea... unless that person is Wallyhorse, then we just yell at him and move on with our day.

if the others seem a bit brash about it... it’s because you’re not the first person like you to pass this way... nor shall you be the last... it’s just... well... to paraphrase another, more well known quote “the day you joined this site and made you comments was an important day in your life... but to us... it was Tuesday.”

We see this sort of behavior all the time. Hell, I dare say you’re at least civil, some people come in here reeking of attitude.

so, do yourself a favor. Calm down, ask questions, interact, but don’t worry. They’re not picking a fight with you. This is just how we talk to each other.