Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

SaiaK4o.gif

Something is obviously wrong here...

Look at the Eastbound bus along Albany.... Then Look at the Eastbound terminal.....

Always the same ole, same ole with this route.... It's mismanaged. I'm convinced this is something that happens every single weekday around this time.

SaiaK4o.gif

Look at the Eastbound bus along Albany.... Then Look at the Eastbound terminal.....

Always the same ole, same ole with this route.... It's mismanaged. I'm convinced this is something that happens every single weekday around this time.

I wonder, since there's always like 50 buses bunching in one direction, why can't they (unofficially) short-turn buses around so that there isn't such a huge gap there. Maybe they can short turn it at the (3), or somewhere, and then go back. Whatever they got doing (if anything) to resolve that problem isn't cutting it. 

============================================================================================

On another hand, they changed the Q47 destination sign towards La Guardia Airport. It no longer reads Marine Air Terminal. The new destination sign is now:

LaGuardia Airport

Q47          Terminal A

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

SaiaK4o.gif

Very much reminds me of my times on the Q24....for instance.

ZZacRAh.jpg

XLLYF7k.jpg

Someone explain this shit.

Very much reminds me of my times on the Q24....for instance.

**Screenshots **

Someone explain this shit.

Fam, When I was waiting the ~ 1/2 hour for the B12 earlier (before I finally got fed up & took the (L) to the B35), I'll tell you what I saw:

- SIX Q24's (3 of them was right at Alabama when I got from the LIRR station to the B12 stop.... Well, it was one behind another, with an 83 wedged between the 2nd Q24 & the 3rd Q24)..... one more pair came about 15 mins after those first 3, then another one pulled up as I was walking away from the B12 stop.... Your screenshot here coincides with what I saw earlier with the Q24, unless that was captured some other day...  I don't know what was going on with this route today either, because I use the Q24 (with the walk to the B46 afterwards) alternatively when I get off the LIRR at ENY - and I can never seem to catch this route as soon as I get to the stop... It's almost always some wait (less than that than for the B12, but still), with a driver relief in front the depot at that stop there (Alabama) to boot.....

- Three B83's (again, one wedged between the first 3 Q24's I saw), and 2 more came within about 10 mins of each other....

Heading back towards Starrett/Gateway, there must have been like 4 or 5 of em...

- FIVE B20's.... Surprisingly, 3 of them were Ridgewood bound.... I'd have thought I'd saw more of the B'way Junction shorties (short turns)....

A Ridgewood bound & a short turn arrived, with a Q56 in between, and the other 2 Ridgewood buses arrived with 2-3 mins of each other....

- Three Q56's.... Was the only route whose buses at the time didn't arrive in any bunch of any sort.... They were spread out almost evenly.

^^ This is all service towards B'way Junction btw.... Throughout all this (other than the B12 I had JUST missed), there was not one B12 that arrived at Alabama... I wonder how long those 100+ people (not exaggerating) waited there, after I had left... Probably was another 10-15 mins....

Fam, When I was waiting the ~ 1/2 hour for the B12 earlier (before I finally got fed up & took the (L) to the B35), I'll tell you what I saw:

- SIX Q24's (3 of them was right at Alabama when I got from the LIRR station to the B12 stop.... Well, it was one behind another, with an 83 wedged between the 2nd Q24 & the 3rd Q24)..... one more pair came about 15 mins after those first 3, then another one pulled up as I was walking away from the B12 stop.... Your screenshot here coincides with what I saw earlier with the Q24, unless that was captured some other day...  I don't know what was going on with this route today either, because I use the Q24 (with the walk to the B46 afterwards) alternatively when I get off the LIRR at ENY - and I can never seem to catch this route as soon as I get to the stop... It's almost always some wait (less than that than for the B12, but still), with a driver relief in front the depot at that stop there (Alabama) to boot.....

- Three B83's (again, one wedged between the first 3 Q24's I saw), and 2 more came within about 10 mins of each other....

Heading back towards Starrett/Gateway, there must have been like 4 or 5 of em...

- FIVE B20's.... Surprisingly, 3 of them were Ridgewood bound.... I'd have thought I'd saw more of the B'way Junction shorties (short turns)....

A Ridgewood bound & a short turn arrived, with a Q56 in between, and the other 2 Ridgewood buses arrived with 2-3 mins of each other....

- Three Q56's.... Was the only route whose buses at the time didn't arrive in any bunch of any sort.... They were spread out almost evenly.

^^ This is all service towards B'way Junction btw.... Throughout all this (other than the B12 I had JUST missed), there was not one B12 that arrived at Alabama... I wonder how long those 100+ people (not exaggerating) waited there, after I had left... Probably was another 10-15 mins....

The screenshots, the top one was today (traffic light was out at Atlantic, but that still doesn't explain why 4 buses were back to back) and the other was on the 27th. This has been happening more and more often and you'll always see two Q24s leaving Jamaica together, at most, four.....

The 83 and 20 kinda surprises me...especially when I'M waiting for one, takes forever and a day to show up sometimes!

The Q56 today wasn't too bad tonight....there was quite a bit of traffic under the EL, that was my ride home today and two showed up together, seemed to be of the norm. Earlier, there were 4 headed to Jamaica with literally none for like 20 minutes. I've NEVER seen so many packed Brooklyn Bound Q56s back to back....I thought the (J) was out! Once they got to Jamaica/Metropolitan, they were all packed. I was dumbfounded. Q54s were good, Q24s and Q56s were packed to the stairs and I don't even know why!

They really need to cut back the Q24 to the junction again...I'm just glad that on the weekends, every other Q24 short turns there. Makes life easier.

---EDIT---

Oh, and another thing! For whatever reason on the 27th, they had short turned a whole bunch of Q24s at 111th, having them turn around at 120th and Atlantic and start BACK down the line at Lefferts! Waited 45 minutes for a damn Q24 to Jamaica! Every Eastbound bus ended at 111th and turned back. That still bothers me till this very day because I have no clue what happened. They tried to blame traffic in Jamaica, but traffic can't be THAT bad....at the same time, I've seen SIX Q24s at Lefferts/Atlantic heading WESTBOUND, all back to back and leapfrogging each other!

Also, they've been short turning Q54s for whatever reason at 132nd and Jamaica Avenue, then they turn back around onto Metropolitan and start service from Jamaica/Metropolitan back down to Jamaica....I'm sure its probably because of the immense bunching that goes on the line.

Edited by Cait Sith

With RTS coming to Eastchester, that front sleepys ad is gonna be removed

They always change it to MTA Bus real quick there too. The O5s also had that done pretty much right when they got there.

The front ads could stay or get removed or it could be some buses keep it some don't. I'm pretty sure they still got a 6000 or 2 still running with front ads from when they got there.

They always change it to MTA Bus real quick there too. The O5s also had that done pretty much right when they got there.

The front ads could stay or get removed or it could be some buses keep it some don't. I'm pretty sure they still got a 6000 or 2 still running with front ads from when they got there.

I remember when the RTS came to JFK they were running around with Ads and New York City Bus for a very long time. I believe they are still like that and now a days they don't come out that much especially on the weekends.

Story of my trip to school like on Thursday.

Some toddler looked like she had autism. She just grabbed a bag of chips out of her mom's hand and whining "mommy!". She then got angry and swung the bag around, and it popped. Half of the chips came out. She then stopped, looked, and continued to dump the rest onto the seat.

Forgot which number, but I remember it being a C40LF on the Q25.