BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m on the 8:50pm QM4 bus heading towards Electchester and due to ongoing issues with the Queens Blvd line this bus has quite a bit of people on it than usual. There are 15 people on it now whereas normally this trip would have no more than 3-4 people. 

Edited by NewFlyer 230

54 minutes ago, NBTA said:

Looks like 5347 got into an accident (but didn’t get hit), as a truck hit a power line (which is barely above the bus’s HVAC system) along Heath Avenue. All Bx1s are going via the Bx3. Hopefully the people involved are okay. 

Forgot to add, there’s about 6-7 buses on this same path, 4 are abandoned currently.

And the Bx1 wasn't exactly running great before this happened. There were long wait times for the bus from what I saw at 231st. A lot of 7's and 10's passed with no 1's in sight in the afternoon.

5 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Seems like it's repeating itself again this afternoon.

Also, in a very rare instance, there's an outbound QM10 bus with approximately 36 passengers onboard. That never happened pre-covid either. 

Yup. The trip back wasn’t quite as horrific, but the real choke point is that Queens Blvd underpass by Woodhaven and the LIE. It was still blocked off from flooding  in both directions when I headed home in the PM rush. Anyone know if it’s been reopened? If not, traffic will be a mess again tomorrow, especially if the subways are still messed up. 

1 hour ago, QM1to6Ave said:

Yup. The trip back wasn’t quite as horrific, but the real choke point is that Queens Blvd underpass by Woodhaven and the LIE. It was still blocked off from flooding  in both directions when I headed home in the PM rush. Anyone know if it’s been reopened? If not, traffic will be a mess again tomorrow, especially if the subways are still messed up. 

The underpass under Woodhaven Blvd was still closed when I passed by on the QM4.

11 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

And it still is because every bus I saw this evening was slammed in both directions. 

QB was so pack traffic was so slow you can walk to the next subway station. i saw so many Express Bus, Q60. The express bus say you just saw X68 20 sec later you see another then another. Q60 4 buses near each other. I took the LIRR back home

15 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

I wonder how many buses were damaged system wide due to Ida floodwaters. I have a feeling 100th street was hit hard and all those XD60s sent there from Quill are loaners cause they have a bunch of flood damaged buses..

Just speculation on my part.

Well, they did lose five Novas to Kingsbridge this week so you need to take that into account.

4 hours ago, TrainFanInfinity said:

There seems to be a lot of standards operating on the Q53+ right now for some reason. 7445, 7449, 7455 and 4510.

Apparently they were also running shuttle buses in Manhattan yesterday and today, but there seems to be no mention of such on their website or on Twitter.

This been happening during the summer they be doing some work and installing new cameras in some buses