BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

11 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

And expand the eagle team.

I know several operators who don’t play with the fare, you don’t have it you not getting on, simple. One even told me his passengers told him to let someone on without a fare, and not even 3 minutes later he broke a window, ran off the bus and the bus went OOS. One of the best phrases to use is “Sorry, I don’t give out free rides.” It works.

Express buses have the lowest fare beating ratio through the city.

See thats where it's slippery. Because in the right neighborhood, everybody is gon get mad at the operator because they're gonna be late 

And even management is gonna look at us funny like what the hell. it was brought up one day I was in a Zerega training class, the supt literally said its just 2.75, you're gonna halt the bus and avoid picking up other paying passengers because someone didn't pay 2.75? "You're paid to drive safely"

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if the eagle team tend to switch sides during the later time. Like today, I was on-board the Q44-SBS to Jamaica Center from Main St (7) . At Elder Av, there were 4 eagle team members on the stop. However, the bus stopped and did not open the doors until the eagle team were lined up at each 3 doors. 10 passengers were pulled off the bus for no payment, receipt and OMNY. Although, looking through the left window, the opposite stop to Bronx Zoo, it was crowded as it was during 2:30 PM, dismissal time. 

On 3/31/2023 at 8:15 PM, Lawrence St said:

How is NYCT suppose to get 60 XE40's when New Flyer still has the battery recall in effect after the CT Transit bus fire?

The 60 XE40s will be slightly delayed. The projected time for the first bus to be on property is April.

On 3/31/2023 at 8:15 PM, Lawrence St said:

How is NYCT suppose to get 60 XE40's when New Flyer still has the battery recall in effect after the CT Transit bus fire?

The CT Transit bus fire has literally nothing to do with the recall. The radiator went up in flames in that one bus. The recall has to do with the batteries themselves.

This won't do much to delay the XE40 order. They're still being built, they can make changes at the factory to the ones already built.

Edited by Cait Sith

5 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

The CT Transit bus fire has literally nothing to do with the recall. The radiator went up in flames in that one bus. The recall has to do with the batteries themselves.

This won't do much to delay the XE40 order. They're still being built, they can make changes at the factory to the ones already built.

What I read was it was a leak out of one of the batteries that caused it to start smoking.

6 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

To answer the farebeating issue, though this will piss off the DSA minions like lying Salzar and stop a criminal by saying you went to high school with em caban. Make fare beating a felony charge 

Next, you're gonna tell me you want the state to kill them, aren't you?

There's a few Nova HEVs that ran on the M31 had the seats remove for stroller space. I wonder when either of them gets moved to Manhattanville or Quill that the seats are placed back where it was or remain as free space? 

2 hours ago, Calvin said:

There's a few Nova HEVs that ran on the M31 had the seats remove for stroller space. I wonder when either of them gets moved to Manhattanville or Quill that the seats are placed back where it was or remain as free space? 

Last I checked, they didn't remove a seat for the hybrids. They adjusted two seats on the left of the unit to fold up, just like the 211's, for strollers. As for the removed seat, that's the case for the Orions at Eastchester.

Edited by Kingsbridgeviewer382
Made correction on wording for the EC part.

most states constitute felony theft as stolen property value that may exceed a certain amount, with that beginning range being anywhere from $200 to $2,500. there's no way in hell that not paying the bus/subway fare should constitute a felony. hell, most stores won't even attempt prosecution under a certain amount, so spare me the lunacy 😒

Bus service that pass though Jamaica Queens must be a mess right now due to a cop being shot in the area. 

In relevance to this forum, the cop was responding to a fight on a bus (bus driver flagged the cop down due to two riders fighting over an seat).

Edited by trainfan22

47 minutes ago, Calvin said:

I'm sorry, but I'm one of the very few that thinks people need to adapt to change. Prior to the BxM3 changes getting stopped, I was willing to start taking Metro-North to get to work instead.

The cities transit network will never improve if people keep pushing back on every single change.

On 11/15/2022 at 6:14 PM, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

Those two routes saw minimal changes when the redesign launched in June, so I would’t place blame on the bronx redesign. If anything, that sounds like a habitual problem on the Gun Hill Road routes. The walk itself is around a mile (20-25 minutes).

It took me 20 on a fast pace. You could be a slow moving bus if it’s trying to kill off some time before driver changes a few feet from Gun Hill Depot. 

It's been a while that MTA brought out a museum bus out for display. Back then, they would run a few along 42 St where the M42 is at when it's nice out during the holidays. Currently, there's unit 2969, the GMC that's at display at the Auto Show besides the XE-60. 

Edited by Calvin

22 hours ago, Calvin said:

It's been a while that MTA brought out a museum bus out for display. Back then, they would run a few along 42 St where the M42 is at when it's nice out during the holidays. Currently, there's unit 2969, the GMC that's at display at the Auto Show besides the XE-60. 

No it hasn't. It's been less than a year. They brought I think two out last year in Harlem.