BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gotta say, not a fan of how the Manhattan swaps have played out. Tuskegee has gotten more LFSAs which suck on the north-south routes, while Quill has gotten the sh!ttiest of all the D60s in the Tuskegee set. It's what we call a lose-lose, all so the M34 (a route which didn't need artics) could go 60-feet. Honestly, some of the 1998-2000 D60s had more life in them than the things TU has been sending to Quill.

I gotta say, not a fan of how the Manhattan swaps have played out. Tuskegee has gotten more LFSAs which suck on the north-south routes, while Quill has gotten the sh!ttiest of all the D60s in the Tuskegee set. It's what we call a lose-lose, all so the M34 (a route which didn't need artics) could go 60-feet. Honestly, some of the 1998-2000 D60s had more life in them than the things TU has been sending to Quill.

As usual MHV is able to avoid the shake ups, for now anyway.

As usual MHV is able to avoid the shake ups, for now anyway.

Things got boring up there after the DL order got canceled, nothing much has happened ever since. Only real runners were 4429-4430 which dipped out a while back as well. 

Things got boring up there after the DL order got canceled, nothing much has happened ever since. Only real runners were 4429-4430 which dipped out a while back as well. 

What order are you referring to? I'm blanking for some reason.

^ Yeah.

So after, what, I think about 10 years since the block got redone, the MTA finally fixed the M2 bus stop sign at 8th and 5th. For some reason it was a black night service sign while that's been a Limited stop for years, now it's fixed. Better late than never.

Maybe they implemented one of your plans. S56 to JFK via SIE.  ;) (I know you didn't make a plan like that)

Actually, I think a while back, somebody mentioned seeing an S56 in that area. I'm not sure, though.

DSC09217.jpg

Drivers just love to play with the signs ;)

Yeah but who walks from Riverdale to Norwood?? 

I've walked all the Bx routes now from the 1 to the 10 and I plan on doing them all. I only walk 1 way and take the bus back. Walking both ways would be crazy.

And I believe he was fanning along the route. I'm sure it was a benefit to be on foot for the purpose of getting pictures.

Exactly. That's the reason I do it.

Edited by lupojohn

I'm rather sore and somewhat exhausted after walking the entire Bx10 route from Riverdale to Norwood.

So you walked 7.3 miles then..... You should be sore & exhausted.

It also smells funny walking under jerome b/w bedford park blvd & tracey towers.... I can't take the smell of idling trains for too long.

Dude, chill out. It's a bus. The whole world isn't going to end just because you don't know what the bus number is.

You chill out. And i wasnt feening for the number. That FP kept on asking why i wanted to know. I just want to know damm can i ask a question. S78 you always trying to correct me damm hopp off

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888