• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What

The

Hell

Is

Wrong

With the B9 and B8...Check bustime to see wth I mean... 6 busses in one direction and completely NONE IN THE OTHER!

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

That's because there's FOUR B8 buses running packed up in the other direction further down.  I've never seen the B9 that bad.  It always runs in twos for some reason.  

Bustime says that there's a Q47 stop on the south side of Bulova Corporate Center at 77 Street. There's also a loop around the area as well. 

I wonder if in the near future, there will be a short-turn of sorts originating from there.

EDIT: So I actually called a representative, and she said that the bus does make stops there from about 5:57 AM - 3:11 PM going northbound.

What
The
Hell
Is
Wrong
With the B9 and B8...Check bustime to see wth I mean... 6 busses in one direction and completely NONE IN THE OTHER!

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

You should have seen the B57 around 2 PM. 8 SB/WB buses and not a single EB bus on the entire route.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven Bl

Lol at the SB X1, X10, and X17 going down 3 Ave/Bowery (from presumably 14 Street) to Houston Street and the MTA not posting anything on the service changes page.

It helped me out once. I was coming from a bar on Houston and thinking, ugh I've got to walk over to Broadway for the X10. We'll there was one stuck in traffic so I knocked on the door and got on, but yes sometimes the drivers don't even seem to know about these detours and they start calling dispatch trying to get instructions as to which way to go, otherwise they just all do their own thing.

Lol at the SB X1, X10, and X17 going down 3 Ave/Bowery (from presumably 14 Street) to Houston Street and the MTA not posting anything on the service changes page.

We laugh, but the MTA has been terrible when it comes to that.... Their improvements (if it can even be called that) still aren't good enough....

When it comes to providing correct information to the riding public over the years when it involves bus route changes, the MTA is the absolute worst by far. How many times during the day have i read posts that were totally inaccurate concerning the streets and replacing streets with avenues and vice versa. It seems that to be working in that department, you must have zero knowledge of New York City streets and the differences in street names from borough to borough. There are exceptions in that department and they I will praise as you always know when they are working as the information is always accurate. Unfortunately the so called media will not complement those in the department that provide correct information as for the most part, most of the media are just as ignorant of New York City streets as the ones who provide the incorrect information. If the media just like the MTA  would do their job and call out the agency for providing incorrect information, then maybe something will be done and those providing incorrect information would be retrained and/or replaced,.

I am not holding my breath that  this will happen as the MTA is a bureaucracy and it will always protect its own. 

I was waiting for the Q47 earlier (bus 3542, 8:00 PM from Marine Air Terminal), at 35 Avenue & 73 Street. There was a car there, but anyways, the BO sees me waving him down, and then he slows down, the just keeps going. I chase him down to Roosevelt Avenue, and boy was that line long. He sees me on the end of that line, and then stops staring in that direction. He keeps looking away until I confront him about why he bypassed the stop.

He says that the bus doesn't stop there. One thing that I hate the most is when people lie to me and try to bullshit their way out of stuff knowing very well what they've done. Now, I don't follow horoscopes, but I very often align to the same characteristics described in my sign (I'm a Scorpio). I called to customer service and complained about him. The couple next to me was (internally) like "he is really not play around" 

He made a stop he wasn't suppose to on Grand Avenue, and people were like wtf. As I was getting off, I told him that I reported him and have filed a complaint.

"Good for you, good for you", was his response.

Some guy was there, and he wanted to know what happened. He told me that he waited an hour for the bus, and that the Q47 service has been pretty terrible as of lately (which is true). He also told me that the guy was driving somewhat like a maniac. 

These BO's that don't give a shit about what they're doing have got to go. I don't care if they lose their jobs, cry me a river. Knowing how things typically go though, the BO will likely just be given a warning. I will be riding the same bus (on the same day, at the same exact time) next week though, so I will see what happens. 

I was waiting for the Q47 earlier (bus 3542, 8:00 PM from Marine Air Terminal), at 35 Avenue & 73 Street. There was a car there, but anyways, the BO sees me waving him down, and then he slows down, the just keeps going. I chase him down to Roosevelt Avenue, and boy was that line long. He sees me on the end of that line, and then stops staring in that direction. He keeps looking away until I confront him about why he bypassed the stop.

He says that the bus doesn't stop there. One thing that I hate the most is when people lie to me and try to bullshit their way out of stuff knowing very well what they've done. Now, I don't follow horoscopes, but I very often align to the same characteristics described in my sign (I'm a Scorpio). I called to customer service and complained about him. The couple next to me was (internally) like "he is really not play around" 

He made a stop he wasn't suppose to on Grand Avenue, and people were like wtf. As I was getting off, I told him that I reported him and have filed a complaint.

Some guy was there, and he wanted to know what happened. He told me that he waited an hour for the bus, and that the Q47 service has been pretty terrible as of lately (which is true). He also told me that the guy was driving somewhat like a maniac. 

These BO's that don't give a shit about what they're doing have got to go. I don't care if they lose their jobs, cry me a river. Knowing how things typically go though, the BO will likely just be given a warning. I will be riding the same bus (on the same day, at the same exact time) next week though, so I will see what happens. 

It's easier to just file the complaint online at the (MTA) website. That's what I do. I rarely even say anything anymore because it's pointless and some of these drivers are incredibly rude. I had a similar incident several weeks ago. Last bus of the night. There's a truck blocking the bus stop so I'm waiting in the street. The bus is at the light waiting. He proceeds to go right past the stop when the light changes despite me standing in the street by the bus stop. Only after hailing him down does he finally stop. I was annoyed simply because it was late out, and he had to have seen me. I mean what did he think I was waiting there for with my Metrocard out. Just stupid. I get on after having to walk down the block to get him; he apologizes and my response was "you gotta look". Well how "dare" me expect him to do that after he sat at the damn terminal for almost 20 minutes after the bus was scheduled to leave, and now he's in such a rush? He had the nerve to say it's going to be a long ride home. With that I immediately went towards the front of the bus to confirm the bus #, sat back down and typed my complaint using my phone then and there about everything that happened and his comments and sent the e-mail. 

I've said this a number of times but persistence is key. If I get a driver that's really unprofessional and I can record the incident, I do just that and send that in with the complaint. Every little bit helps. The complaints go in their file, and depending on how serious they are they can be let go if they continue to receive complaints from passengers. They have the union to protect them but that doesn't mean they are completely exempt. The one thing that really is paid attention to are complaints for recklessness. I always get a response to those quickly. If it's a driver that's a complete jerk I make sure I include that too. If you're going to make my commute miserable just to be a jerk I'll do everything I can to settle the score without saying a word to you.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Not sure how true this is, but a B/O told me there's a rumor going around that as part of the 2018 express bus changes, Castleton would give up all their express lines and pick up some local lines (in which case, that would explain why the MTA doesn't care about shifting the express bus terminal away from the depot, though as I've mentioned before I think Castleton/Jewett is a better terminal in any case than Port Richmond/Richmond Terrace)

Not sure how true this is, but a B/O told me there's a rumor going around that as part of the 2018 express bus changes, Castleton would give up all their express lines and pick up some local lines (in which case, that would explain why the MTA doesn't care about shifting the express bus terminal away from the depot, though as I've mentioned before I think Castleton/Jewett is a better terminal in any case than Port Richmond/Richmond Terrace)

If that came to be, the only moves I could possibly see happening are:

X10 and X14 moving to Meredith, which might have to become a seven-day operational depot. Yukon and Charleston are pretty much at capacity, so I'm not sure if they can take on more routes without overcrowding their depots. I know that's how it was before Charleston opened, but we saw how bad service was back then.

The X15, and X30 could leave MA to make room for the X10 and X14. Since the formers are rush-hour only express routes, only a few extra buses would be added to Yukon. It somewhat contradicts what I said above, but it's the only logical thing I could think of.

The S57 and maybe the S59 would return to Castleton.

Edited by S78 via Hylan

If that came to be, the only moves I could possibly see happening are:

X10 and X14 moving to Meredith, which might have to become a seven-day operational depot. Yukon and Charleston are pretty much at capacity, so I'm not sure if they can take on more routes without overcrowding their depots. I know that's how it was before Charleston opened, but we saw how bad service was back then.

The X15, and X30 could leave MA to make room for the X10 and X14. Since the formers are rush-hour only express routes, only a few extra buses would be added to Yukon. It somewhat contradicts what I said above, but it's the only logical thing I could think of.

The S57 and maybe the S59 would return to Castleton.

Well something has to give anyway because Castleton is really a dump. It needs to be seriously rehabbed and they've been talking about that for years now. I also don't know where they're at with the land for a fifth depot or if that's just dead or what, but when Charleston opened that depot was already accounted for in terms of capacity since Yukon and Castleton had operated over capacity for so many years and Meredith isn't even a full depot. I never quite understood why they didn't further development Meredith, but it could be an issue of space. All I know is despite the new set ups buses still travel between depots regularly. Meredith still has buses that will go over to Castleton for one reason or another so the depots are very much connected unlike in the other boroughs. Interesting to say the least. Yukon also needs to be rehabbed IMO. People used to really make a stink about all of the express buses and local buses parked all over the place and idling, and you can't use the Transit Center as if it's another depot because it's not there for that.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Shit like this is why I'm doing a lot more driving now than I used to (and to be honest, more than I would like to); the older you get, the more your patience thins.... I'm also a Scorpio & what angers me to no end is not so much someone's petty lies (which I'll sometimes laugh at/mock you for), but much moreso trying to insult my intelligence.... I don't even like busfanning in this city much anymore (although there are other reasons for that)....

Anyway, I'm not gonna bother getting into a spat with these b/o's, b/c I don't wanna risk the 7 years (or whatever it is).... I'm also not going to do that worthless reporting these hot shots to the MTA either (there's a reason why you get that snarky, fake composed attitude whenever you threaten to [or literally] report these people), because it won't yield the end result I'd really like to have happen to them....

The trail of tears is only going to get longer, because the b/o's of yesteryear are long gone....

Shit like this is why I'm doing a lot more driving now than I used to (and to be honest, more than I would like to); the older you get, the more your patience thins.... I'm also a Scorpio & what angers me to no end is not so much someone's petty lies (which I'll sometimes laugh at/mock you for), but much moreso trying to insult my intelligence.... I don't even like busfanning in this city much anymore (although there are other reasons for that)....

Anyway, I'm not gonna bother getting into a spat with these b/o's, b/c I don't wanna risk the 7 years (or whatever it is).... I'm also not going to do that worthless reporting these hot shots to the MTA either (there's a reason why you get that snarky, fake composed attitude whenever you threaten to [or literally] report these people), because it won't yield the end result I'd really like to have happen to them....

The trail of tears is only going to get longer, because the b/o's of yesteryear are long gone....

There are still some good ones out there. Problem is they usually don't have seniority which is really a shame. I'm cool with a few Puerto Rican drivers and a Dominican guy. They all are new fairly speaking except for one, but they've been great since I started having them, but they get whatever is left.over. It's a damn shame that those guys are basically fillers because some of the guys with seniority are the absolute worse and when I realize they're the regular driver, I switch up my commute. Just can't be bothered with the drama.

Hmm, good, because it seems like none of Castleton drivers like express.

If this does happen, I could see the X14 and X21 going to Meredith (keeping it a weekday only depot). The X10 going to Yukon. The X11 going to Yukon from Meredith, along with the X15.

So Yukon: add X10/X11/X15. Remove S44/S59/S89. Meredith: add X14/X21. Remove X11/X15.

Castleton: add S44/S59/S89. Remove X10/X14/X21.

Charleston would be left unchanged. Unless they're planning on adjusting all the depots. They might decide to send the S55/S56 to Yukon for the X21.

So if Charleston is in the mix, I could see this happening...

Castleton: addin S44/S59/S89. Removing X10/X14/X21.

Charleston: adding X21, removing S55/S56.

Yukon: addin S55/S56/X10/11, removing S44/S59/S89.

Meredith: adding X14. Removing X11.

Tbh: only reason why I think the X10 would go to Yukon is to keep Meredith weekday only, but if they decide to have each express depot be open during the weekend, then the X10/X11 pair would go to Meredith and move the X15 to Yukon. So if Meredith opens on the weekend...

Yukon: Add X15/S55/S56. Remove S44/S59/S89.

Meredith: Add X10/X14. Removes X15.

Charleston: Add X21. Removes S55/S56.

Castleton: Add S44/S59/S89. Removes X10/X14/X21.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

Hmm, good, because it seems like none of Castleton drivers like express.

If this does happen, I could see the X14 and X21 going to Meredith (keeping it a weekday only depot). The X10 going to Yukon. The X11 going to Yukon from Meredith, along with the X15.

So Yukon: add X10/X11/X15. Remove S44/S59/S89. Meredith: add X14/X21. Remove X11/X15.

Castleton: add S44/S59/S89. Remove X10/X14/X21.

Charleston would be left unchanged. Unless they're planning on adjusting all the depots. They might decide to send the S55/S56 to Yukon for the X21.

So if Charleston is in the mix, I could see this happening...

Castleton: addin S44/S59/S89. Removing X10/X14/X21.

Charleston: adding X21, removing S55/S56.

Yukon: addin S55/S56/X10/11, removing S44/S59/S89.

Meredith: adding X14. Removing X11.

Tbh: only reason why I think the X10 would go to Yukon is to keep Meredith weekday only, but if they decide to have each express depot be open during the weekend, then the X10/X11 pair would go to Meredith and move the X15 to Yukon. So if Meredith opens on the weekend...

Yukon: Add X15/S55/S56. Remove S44/S59/S89.

Meredith: Add X10/X14. Removes X15.

Charleston: Add X21. Removes S55/S56.

Castleton: Add S44/S59/S89. Removes X10/X14/X21.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of the old timers went to Meredith that did the express so that makes sense. I had an Italian guy that would do the X12 a lot that I used to get on the X16 when it ran and was out of Castleton and quite a few others.

There are still some good ones out there. Problem is they usually don't have seniority which is really a shame. I'm cool with a few Puerto Rican drivers and a Dominican guy. They all are new fairly speaking except for one, but they've been great since I started having them, but they get whatever is left.over. It's a damn shame that those guys are basically fillers because some of the guys with seniority are the absolute worse and when I realize they're the regular driver, I switch up my commute. Just can't be bothered with the drama.

The old school drivers that had seniority that are long gone, is what I was referring to.....

As for the newer drivers, of course there's some good ones out & about.... However, at the same time, (the reasons behind) the stories that you, BM5, and a few others post on here regarding interactions with b/o's of the sort, were no where near as commonplace then as they are now....

If I were in BM5's situation, I wouldn't have gotten on that bus - regardless if it were around 8pm & Q47 service slowly going to shit or whatever.... You blew past me on purpose, f*** you, die in a lake of fire - There's another bus behind you... If headways are too long & I'm in no real mood for waiting too long for the next bus, then I'll find other ways to get around....

On a side note, I am noticing that some b/o's are not stopping at bus stops that are blocked off by other vehicles.... Any motorist gets irritated by a double parker, but don't take that shit out on a waiting passenger.... That's also a situation I've been in (as a waiting passenger) & what I'll do is walk over to the next stop (so I don't risk being bypassed for that reason)....

The old school drivers that had seniority that are long gone, is what I was referring to.....

As for the newer drivers, of course there's some good ones out & about.... However, at the same time, (the reasons behind) the stories that you, BM5, and a few others post on here regarding interactions with b/o's of the sort, were no where near as commonplace then as they are now....

If I were in BM5's situation, I wouldn't have gotten on that bus - regardless if it were around 8pm & Q47 service slowly going to shit or whatever.... You blew past me on purpose, f*** you, die in a lake of fire - There's another bus behind you... If headways are too long & I'm in no real mood for waiting too long for the next bus, then I'll find other ways to get around....

On a side note, I am noticing that some b/o's are not stopping at bus stops that are blocked off by other vehicles.... Any motorist gets irritated by a double parker, but don't take that shit out on a waiting passenger.... That's also a situation I've been in (as a waiting passenger) & what I'll do is walk over to the next stop (so I don't risk being bypassed for that reason)....

That solution is usually okay. Problem is one certain lines like the BxM2 you can have three stops in a row where the stop is blocked by something so it gets a bit crazy.

Oh okay. I figured, but I wasn't too sure.

There were a bunch of cop cars this morning coming up Madison as I was waiting for the BxM6 by 59th and Madison.  All-in-all if you have to be anywhere to day using the buses or subways, plan and plan carefully because it's going to be a mess until at least 19:00.  I got an early BxM2 bus and I'm glad I did because I had idea the bus was only stopping at 98th and 5th and then running via Columbus from there, so I had to re-think how I was getting over to the BxM6.  Coming back all BxM buses, 5th Avenue buses, were running via Lex and the M79 and M86 were running together via 86th with several other lines, including most of the BxM buses.

The other options were either to

1) Walk from 35 & 73 to 82 Street & Roosevelt (the Q29 is also fairly infrequent at that time), and then walk from Dry Harbor Road towards the LIE

2) Take a train from Roosevelt Avenue, take it to 71 Avenue (since there was no Queens-bound local service), and then wait for the (R) to backtrack, and THEN wait for the Q38.

I was not trying to do either or, so I was really not going let that slide.

---------------------------------------

And I never expected this, but once again, I get bypassed, this time by an M1. I was on a bus towards Grand which was told to short-turn at 8 Street instead. So I waited for the bus which was literally 1 minute away, and I was visible at the bus stop. The BO does not look like he was stopping, so I waved him down, and he didn't stop (he even looked at me while he just passed me). Two in two days, you cannot make this stuff up...

I'm not catching up to that, so I just decided to go home (I'll probably take the M1 to Grand some other day) via the (L) Train (yes, isn't that funny *insert VG8 face here*).

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven Bl

Yukon also needs to be rehabbed IMO. People used to really make a stink about all of the express buses and local buses parked all over the place and idling, and you can't use the Transit Center as if it's another depot because it's not there for that.

Compared to other depots citywide, Yukon is still fairly young. It was built brand new 36 years ago. ETC is more or less the Yukon parking lot for the express buses since that little small lot across the street can't hold all of them.

Castleton I can agree with you hands down needs a rehab