BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone remember back in the hey day of the 90s, the Bx41 literally went from end to end of the Bronx. Oh how times have changed

Oddly enough, while walking around last night, I saw a Bx41 come from 138th Street to remind me of that moment due to construction at the terminal. Even more interesting was the fact that the bus was an SBS unit.

Why do Q50's have to terminate at Main Street & Northern Boulevard (towards Flushing)? If they're still picking up on Roosevelt, can't buses continue onto Prince and drop-off at Roosevelt & Main? I know that 39 Avenue is closed, but why then are buses going down on Main and dropping off there. What route are buses taking to get to Roosevelt & Main?

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven Bl

Why do Q50's have to terminate at Main Street & Northern Boulevard (towards Flushing)? If they're still picking up on Roosevelt, can't buses continue onto Prince and drop-off at Roosevelt & Main? I know that 39 Avenue is closed, but why then are buses going down on Main and dropping off there. What route are buses taking to get to Roosevelt & Main?

I think that with current traffic conditions and construction, almost every route terminating in flushing should be rerouted to minimize delays. At least until Main St is finished with its part, I think reroutes should be the following:

The Q12, Q15/A, and Q26 should follow the N20G route east of Bowne St

The Q17/27 should be moved from Main St and the reroute north of Sanford Av would be right on Sanford, left on Union St, then layover at Roosevelt Av and Union St using the Q13/16/28 terminal to turn.

The Q19 and Q66 towards Flushing would run down Union St, right on Sanford Av and terminate. Westbound service would start at Kissena Blvd and Sanford Av.

The Q50 would get a new reroute as well. Instead of turning at Main St, it would turn at College Point Blvd, then onto Roosevelt Avenue, likely ending at Prince St. Pickup would still be at Main St, but it would continue further to Union St, then run on Union until Northern Blvd, then connect to its regular route at Linden Pl. Northbound riders at Northern and Main will have to go to Linden Pl or Roosevelt Av for Q50 service.

The Q48 would pick up at the same stop as the Q50, but now would run right turns on Main St, 41 Av, and CP Blvd. Regular service resumes at Roosevelt.

I didn't know they were ending at Northern. Could they be taking 37th Avenue?

I think that with current traffic conditions and construction, almost every route terminating in flushing should be rerouted to minimize delays. At least until Main St is finished with its part, I think reroutes should be the following:

The Q12, Q15/A, and Q26 should follow the N20G route east of Bowne St

The Q17/27 should be moved from Main St and the reroute north of Sanford Av would be right on Sanford, left on Union St, then layover at Roosevelt Av and Union St using the Q13/16/28 terminal to turn.

The Q19 and Q66 towards Flushing would run down Union St, right on Sanford Av and terminate. Westbound service would start at Kissena Blvd and Sanford Av.

The Q50 would get a new reroute as well. Instead of turning at Main St, it would turn at College Point Blvd, then onto Roosevelt Avenue, likely ending at Prince St. Pickup would still be at Main St, but it would continue further to Union St, then run on Union until Northern Blvd, then connect to its regular route at Linden Pl. Northbound riders at Northern and Main will have to go to Linden Pl or Roosevelt Av for Q50 service.

The Q48 would pick up at the same stop as the Q50, but now would run right turns on Main St, 41 Av, and CP Blvd. Regular service resumes at Roosevelt.

Geez reading that now I'm glad I left Flushing for university. Getting a bus from Flushing this summer was already hell. 39th av better open before DOE schools start or it's GG for everyone.

For some reason, the Q24 and Q56 schedules are shown from 2014.

Disregard. They have fixed the glitch, but both schedules are still from last year.

IDK if it still is up on the website, but the Bx23 timetable displayed is from Fall 2010 (the very first one).

Some of the Manhattan schedules on the site are also ones from 2014 to 2016. The M5 schedule currently showing is the 2014 one.