Union action at College Point Depot

The TransitMan

Sorry, while I have great respect for the union and worker's rights, it was really frustrating to be late to my appointment this morning because no express buses were running. Last time this happened, someone posted advance notice on this forum, which helped greatly. I don't mind if know about the action ahead of time so I can plan accordingly.

Sorry, while I have great respect for the union and worker's rights, it was really frustrating to be late to my appointment this morning because no express buses were running. Last time this happened, someone posted advance notice on this forum, which helped greatly. I don't mind if know about the action ahead of time so I can plan accordingly.

So the QM1-QM11 were all not running? That must've been terrible, I'm surprised this didn't make the news. What about local routes?

According to an e-mail I received from the MTA, "Due to Union activity at College Point Bus Depot, expects delays on local and express bus routes."

Soooo...plan accordingly!

hmm so that's why i didnt see any Q38's this morning...

So the QM1-QM11 were all not running? That must've been terrible, I'm surprised this didn't make the news. What about local routes?

I waited from 9-9:30 am for a QM1,5, or 6. Only one fully packed bus showed up the entire time. There was a single QM7 as well. Normally, there'd would have been a total of like 15 buses in that time.

Look, I realize that the union needs to stand up for it's members, and that if there are unsafe buses, etc, it certainly odes needs to be dealt with. This was just an unfortunate morning for it to happen because I had a very important appointment and was late because of it.

According to an e-mail I received from the MTA, "Due to Union activity at College Point Bus Depot, expects delays on local and express bus routes."

Soooo...plan accordingly!

What's going on at college point, I report to college point depot after my training which should be sometime nextweek for line training.:(

No buses on the QM11 except for the 7:22 or the 7:30. Most riders waited for that bus, and they were pissed. I just gave up on waiting and took the (F) to Broadway-Lafayette, transfered to the (6), took the (5) at Brooklyn Bridge and got off at Wall Street for school. It was really frustrating. Boy, I wouldn't surprised if the riders have some choice words for the bus driver tomorrow....

This was the email progression:

7:47

Due to an unscheduled event, please expect delays in express bus service leaving from Queens at this time.

8:10

Due to Union activity at the College Point Depot in Queens, there are delays in getting buses into service. Please allow additonal travel time.

12:42

Following an earlier incident local and express bus service has resumed with residual delays,

At least the MTA tells the truth and said that it was "union activity". The typo in "additional" was in the email too.

ok ok were you waiting for me?? Ok Today D.O.T. was at C PT depot extremely early along with MTA Police /Supts.- AGM's and anybody holding a badge...It was bad ...like RAID for roaches get it.

No buses were going out due to Mech. issues another words if one top brake light was out that meant that bus wasn't leaving till it was fixed now mind you the size of College pt so use your imagination ok ok

Safety checks are serious just if it was like we was at a Weight in:cool:

Sorry for the Delays but this can and will happen to any depot not on its ish with Maint.

ok ok were you waiting for me?? Ok Today D.O.T. was at C PT depot extremely early along with MTA Police /Supts.- AGM's and anybody holding a badge...It was bad ...like RAID for roaches get it.

No buses were going out due to Mech. issues another words if one top brake light was out that meant that bus wasn't leaving till it was fixed now mind you the size of College pt so use your imagination ok ok

Sorry for the Delays but this can and will happen to any depot not on its ish with Maint.

Wait a minute, this does not sound like a union thing to me- it sounds like an (MTA) operation. Why did the emails say it was a union action?

Also, didn't a similar thing happen like a year ago at CP, where B/O's (very rightly) refused to take out buses with mechanical issues until they were fixed. Is the maintenance so bad that so many buses were already in disrepair?? Wow.

I am glad they did this before it gets really hot in the summer, if they had to do it, since the heat seems to really screw with buses that have any problems to begin with. Still, I wish they did this on Memorial Day or something when ridership would have been much lower.

Wait a minute, this does not sound like a union thing to me- it sounds like an (MTA) operation. Why did the emails say it was a union action?

Thats like asking why doesnt the MTA ever say something other than "Police Investigation" when it's likely to be a 12-9.

Thats like asking why doesnt the MTA ever say something other than "Police Investigation" when it's likely to be a 12-9.

Yeah, but for a 12-9 it is not a lie to say it is a police investigation, they are just not going into detail about the nature of the investigation. This seems like a bit of a stretch of the truth to me, unless the union pushed for this to happen, but it does not seem like that based on knightrider's description.

damn...when i first heard of this, i was thinking I/G raid. and that definitely doesn't sound like a union issue. It sounds like TA using the union as a scapegoat, trying to turn the public against the union by blaming the delays on them...smh

Them folks should take a visit to LGA......oh man LOL!

Archived