Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Abba

"Close" call on subway

He shouldn't have been trying to get into the train in the first place, there's a schedule to keep and another train isn't too far behind!

This is why we can't have smooth service!

He shouldn't have been trying to get into the train in the first place, there's a schedule to keep and another train isn't too far behind!

This is why we can't have smooth service!

I guess he can't wait 10 minutes for the next G train. "sigh the people we live with"

I guess he can't wait 10 minutes for the next G train. "sigh the people we live with"

10-20 minute wait > risking life

I do remember many stories in the news when I was young of peoplevgetting drqgged by trains when their backpacks, purses, etc, wouls get caught in the doors by the straps and pull them along. I believe this occurred on the redbirds a lot of the time. Anyone else remember this? Must have been like 10 years ago at least when I would read thee stories on a weekly, if no daily, basis.

I think one of the big pushes for the NTT equipment was that the doors could even sensema credit card between them.

I do remember many stories in the news when I was young of peoplevgetting drqgged by trains when their backpacks, purses, etc, wouls get caught in the doors by the straps and pull them along. I believe this occurred on the redbirds a lot of the time. Anyone else remember this? Must have been like 10 years ago at least when I would read thee stories on a weekly, if no daily, basis.

I think one of the big pushes for the NTT equipment was that the doors could even sensema credit card between them.

what i do remember is one time when i was younger i was on a redbird on the (6) line (i think it was an R29 i don't remember to well on what redbird it was) the C/R was closing the doors and this lady was trying to beat the doors closing to get in. her hand got stuck but in between the doors. the C/R noticed her and he opened the doors and let her in.

As for the guy's story, his story sounds to made up in my opinion. on a four car set i pretty sure that the C/R would have noticed him trying to get in if his arm was "stuck" then let him in. people these days find some way to find a law suit with any company to get money. the (MTA) are struggling enough with financial issues right now.

well that's my two cents on this topic.

i bet he was drunk and fell down the stairs and contacted his lawyer. so the lawyer says hey you could get a big case if you say the train did it.

Stop foaming. This has nothing to do with the R46's, and the R44's are gone. Will you stop talking about the R44's? They are gone get over it.

Stop foaming. This has nothing to do with the R46's, and the R44's are gone. Will you stop talking about the R44's? They are gone get over it.

What year 2009-2010 R46 on the (G) that is what Probally held him for his ride I'm saying they had issues I'm not foaming ;)

What year 2009-2010 R46 on the (G) that is what Probally held him for his ride I'm saying they had issues I'm not foaming ;)

The hell are you talking about? The (G) has had 46's for years maybe even decades!

It was more of stupidity then weather the cars have had issues in the past,read the article.

I hate these kind of idiots...makes me wanna punch em in the midsection.

King of Red Birds =age 13 cut the kid some slack maybe hes a bit "misinformed"...

King of Red Birds =age 13 cut the kid some slack maybe hes a bit "misinformed"...

Maybe when he learns hes missing out on more important things in life....

Anyways with people low on money these days there trying anything to get a lawsuit.

It was more of stupidity then weather the cars have had issues in the past,read the article.

Uhhh... What??????? :confused: I don't understand what you just wrote. What does the "weather" have to do with this??

Guest lance25
Uhhh... What??????? :confused: I don't understand what you just wrote. What does the "weather" have to do with this??

Wrong "weather". That is all. He obviously meant "whether". I see it all the time with "then" vs "than".

It could ahve been one of the times where the G was running on OPTO and the TO is the C/R.

Although the only time I saw that was during that G.O. a few weeks back when it was running in two sections. And there were a hell of a lot of people on those trains so yea... whatever the case the story doesnt add up.