R32's still on (A)?

NYtransit

There was quite a few of them on the (A) line today, the first two Rock Park (A) trains in the PM Rush today was R32s.... In addition to the ones I saw running in regular (A) service.

But beware, those Rock Park runs start @ 59th street! I tried to catch the first one @ 145th but the train just kept it moving like a battery run lol, I hopped on a 46 (C) train and caught the second one so was I wasn't even mad.

3-4 runs allday the other 5 or 6 sets are for rush hour Rock Park service and Rush Hour Lefferts service

this will last as long as the TA wants too, it might be for the whole summer, who knows, but the temp. has dropped so things can go back to normal, The R46's aren't doing great on the (C) ether they have the same a/c problems as the R32's, as well as the R32's on the (A) with their a/c's having problems

I saw an R32 (A) Manhattan bound [from the rockaways] just heading towards Rockaway blvd. I could've gotten a shot of it if I wasn't in a rush [got on a regular (A) to Broad Channel].

On the flip side, I was surpised to see at least 4 R46 (C) trains today. The first (C) I was waiting for at 34th arrived right away. Didn't need to wait for it [not that I was going to anyway].

So I struck out on the R32 (A), but got a few R46 (C) pics. Mainly the signs.

I was with my son railfanning the (A) and there were a decent amount of Brightliners in service. I saw at least four and I was on one to Far Rock. The (C) was predominantly R46s and I'm curious as to where they came from. The (G) only had half-length trainsets before converting to R68s. The (A) still has a lot of R46s as does the (R). I even saw R46 (F) trains. I'm also wondering where the R32s were mothballed.

I was with my son railfanning the (A) and there were a decent amount of Brightliners in service. I saw at least four and I was on one to Far Rock. The (C) was predominantly R46s and I'm curious as to where they came from. The (G) only had half-length trainsets before converting to R68s. The (A) still has a lot of R46s as does the (R). I even saw R46 (F) trains. I'm also wondering where the R32s were mothballed.

They came from the (A), straight up 32 for 46 swap, not from any other line or yard (e.g. Jamaica or CI). Plenty of switchmen in 207 just to add a pair to 8 car train and change the signs.

I went out yesterday and caught plenty of 46's on the C and 32's on the A...all the 32 A's were going to lefferts though (until I left rockaway blvd then i saw one going down the hill to far rock fml)

If I have time later today i might head out myself too, see if i can get that 32 on the Shuttle if its still there

I was woundering if R32s are still on the (A), cause tommrow i might go fanning so i have nothing else to do. If they are, how long are they gonna last? are they released during the AM or PM rush? Thanks.

Saw two this morning already so they're out there.

around 11:00 I got an uptown R32 (A) towards 207 Street,when it got to 207 however, it went out of service and went to the yard, a second R32 came in right after it, and also went out of service.

There are plenty of R46 (C) trains out there as of today, anyone hunting for em should have no problems finding one. I saw more 46 ©s than 32 ©s

Archived