MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

17 minutes ago, Nova Fly Guy said:

The B15 will not get 60Ft it does not go to JFK, JG will not be getting diesel buses WF can handle Diesel. Anytime JG gets a loan it’s fueled at the respective Garage before going to JG. As far as the Q58 it’s not set I stone that it’s staying at FP if they push for 60FT for both routes. 

I'm aware of the B15 not going to JFK though it wouldn't mean anything.  I was just saying that it was supposedly going to happen, that is what I heard. Also JG can handle diesel buses as they have in the past except they are more equipped to handle cng buses and even so they'll most likely work on the depot for that to happen its similarto the UP situation yes they arent a CNG Depot but they are still able to handle them (aside of them going back and forth to get fuel at it's respective Depot) act. And for the Q58 even if it leaves the pond again, a Depot would have to give a route up in order for it to work which is why I said GA is the odd ball in this equation. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

I'm aware of the B15 not going to JFK though it wouldn't mean anything.  I was just saying that it was supposedly going to happen, that is what I heard. Also JG can handle diesel buses as they have in the past except they are more equipped to handle cng buses and even so they'll most likely work on the depot for that to happen its similarto the UP situation yes they arent a CNG Depot but they are still able to handle them (aside of them going back and forth to get fuel at it's respective Depot) act. And for the Q58 even if it leaves the pond again, a Depot would have to give a route up in order for it to work which is why I said GA is the odd ball in this equation. 

The B15 is dead for Artics if it does not go to JFK as for Gleason there’re not assign a Diesel bus to JG it does not have a fuel line set up for full time Diesel anymore. The B57 could go back to FP and now the B48 is a candidate.

2 minutes ago, Nova Fly Guy said:

The B15 is dead for Artics if it does not go to JFK as for Gleason there’re not assign a Diesel bus to JG it does not have a fuel line set up for full time Diesel anymore. The B57 could go back to FP and now the B48 is a candidate.

I could see that happening again, but we'll have to wait and see. It's fun to see which Depot gets what and what they have to give up in order to get what they need.

2 hours ago, Nova Fly Guy said:

The B15 will not get 60Ft it does not go to JFK, JG will not be getting diesel buses WF can handle Diesel. Anytime JG gets a loan it’s fueled at the respective Garage before going to JG. As far as the Q58 it’s not set I stone that it’s staying at FP if they push for 60FT for both routes. 

Isn’t the metro card RTS based out of JG?? And originally JG was planned to get XD40s for the L shuttle so they can perfectly handle diesels.

8 minutes ago, xD4nn said:

Isn’t the metro card RTS based out of JG?? And originally JG was planned to get XD40s for the L shuttle so they can perfectly handle diesels.

That Bus runs maybe 10 times a year they can service it no problem. UP would have Fueled the XD’s then rotate them back to JG as they do now with Short term loans not fueling the fleet.

1 hour ago, danielhg121 said:

When was the Q50 slated for artics?

The redesign, it may be slated for artics, not saying that it will, just a guess.

1 hour ago, limitednyc said:

The problem with the q25 cp is all  at gas  lcl's.

Order XN60s.

12 hours ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

Yes that was what I was implying, and also to the fact that I would like to see the Q54 get some artics in exchange.  There's a large chunk of routes that Brooklyn Depots can benefit from if they were to run artics I've been keeping a close eye on most routes as of late and specifically those routes I've mentioned and they definitely need them. It's only a mater of time if they'll give the green light on it and make a change.

I agree with the Q54. I think that B25 would also benefit too. Would you agree?

26 minutes ago, The TransitMan said:

I agree with the Q54. I think that B25 would also benefit too. Would you agree?

The B25 would to an certain extent Id say around the pm hours is when the route picks up with heavy so maybe 1-3 artics would do it. But it does fine for the most part. But the routes I'd say should really use artics from ENY is the B12,B15,B42,B82/SBS and B83. Those are my personal thoughts on what routes should use artics they all pick up heavily especially that B12 and can definitely benefit if they had some on the route as they all pick up during the AM and PM hours, I'd also throw in the Q24 and Q56 as those routes can pick up as well.

Edited by Ultimategamer12c

6 hours ago, NBTA said:

The redesign, it may be slated for artics, not saying that it will, just a guess.

Order XN60s.

If it does for the Q50, it won't be in time for the re-design as there isn't any new artics for MTA Bus on order and they'll have to pull buses from Transit and train the Eastchester ops for them (Unless the Q50 ends up being assigned or shared with Stengel for some stupid reason).

On 12/16/2023 at 7:10 PM, MysteriousBtrain said:

Surprised nothing was mentioned about the 90 electric bus order, which would most likely be XE60s. Those buses was supposed to be delivered beginning in 2024.

What routes and depots will those be expected to debut at? Huge guess is MJQ? 

13 hours ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

The B25 would to a certain extent Id say around the pm hours is when the route picks up with heavy so maybe 1-3 artics would do it. But it does fine for the most part. But the routes I'd say should really use artics from ENY is the B12,B15,B42,B82/SBS and B83. Those are my personal thoughts on what routes should use artics they all pick up heavily especially that B12 and can definitely benefit if they had some on the route as they all pick up during the AM and PM hours, I'd also throw in the Q24 and Q56 as those routes can pick up as well.

I don’t see any of those routes besides the 82 to convert to artic outta ENY. Once the standards are off the 82, then you can throw more on the 12 and 15.

14 hours ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

The B25 would to an certain extent Id say around the pm hours is when the route picks up with heavy so maybe 1-3 artics would do it. But it does fine for the most part. But the routes I'd say should really use artics from ENY is the B12,B15,B42,B82/SBS and B83. Those are my personal thoughts on what routes should use artics they all pick up heavily especially that B12 and can definitely benefit if they had some on the route as they all pick up during the AM and PM hours, I'd also throw in the Q24 and Q56 as those routes can pick up as well.

I'm going to go completely against this and say none of them really need artics but rather, the rather the service needs to run as scheduled. Pre 2018 you could say the B35 also needed artics, now they got artics and the route is still bad cause of missing runs. 

1 hour ago, NBTA said:

I don’t see any of those routes besides the 82 to convert to artic outta ENY. Once the standards are off the 82, then you can throw more on the 12 and 15.

I wouldn't say convert, I'm saying if they were to get them, I'd like to see those routes use them, they can still run the 40ft buses as they are supposed to, aside from the B82.

4 minutes ago, Jdog14 said:

I'm going to go completely against this and say none of them really need artics but rather, the rather the service needs to run as scheduled. Pre 2018 you could say the B35 also needed artics, now they got artics and the route is still bad cause of missing runs. 

So missing runs is the problem I'm assuming?

1 hour ago, Jdog14 said:

Trust me when you're out waiting 30 min for a bus that should be every 7, the type of bus showing up means diddly squat 

Yes agreed, I only had concerns as I take those routes on a daily, the timing wasn't too much of the issue with me. It was the spacing and the crowd that got to me. But I definitely can agree with you on that.

2 hours ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

So missing runs is the problem I'm assuming?

Missing runs is indeed the problem, and that’s operator based. When a route goes from running every 5 to every 20 because of three missing runs, and bus operators not being able to work, it sucks.

Just now, NBTA said:

Missing runs is indeed the problem, and that’s operator based. When a route goes from running every 5 to every 20 because of three missing runs, and bus operators not being able to work, it sucks.

It happens me all the time on the B36.  But also lack of supervision is a problem, that causes bus bunching.

17 minutes ago, limitednyc said:

It happens me all the time on the B36.  But also lack of supervision is a problem, that causes bus bunching.

It’s a widespread issue. Some depots (like a certain depot in queens) just simply don’t care, while others can’t combat it due to traffic.

4 minutes ago, NBTA said:

It’s a widespread issue. Some depots (like a certain depot in queens) just simply don’t care, while others can’t combat it due to traffic.

100 percent true. Also spoke to a up driver who told me only 1/3 of new highers make it through training and probation.