MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

Minor spec updates for the New Flyer and Nova's coming soon! Till then, check this out! http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/45775-powered-up-locked-loaded-7090/

As of right now ENY will receive 50 new Xcelsiors. 7090-7139 (Pending)

Edited by East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That good news. ENY depot will get 50 New Flyer Xcelsiors 7090 - 7139... This is time to ride 1995 - 1996 RTS Nova Bus as New Flyer Xcelsiors 7090 - 7139 go to ENY Depot... That right 7090 - 7139 will replace 1995 - 1996 RTS Nova Bus at ENY Depot anyone can confirm...

ENY's been through an odd time with the 1996s, since it briefly seemed before the MTAB-rejects arrived that the depot was gonna be without 1996s entirely--think they were down to only 15 or so. Now there're tons again, which only a big order like the XD40s will really change.

ENY's been through an odd time with the 1996s, since it briefly seemed before the MTAB-rejects arrived that the depot was gonna be without 1996s entirely--think they were down to only 15 or so. Now there're tons again, which only a big order like the XD40s will really change.

The NF's will bump all the old Nova's out of the depot to scrap and MTAB.

Shouldn't the Nova LFS numbers be 8090-8503, which would equal 414 buses

ENY's pictures of 7090 are awesome!

Thanks, and I just edited the numbers. Didn't even notice that.

Why does (MTA) Bus receive all of NYCT's garbage??  Doesn't the (MTA) receive monies for new buses for (MTA) Bus?

Because MTA Bus is like the little brother, hence it gets all the hand me downs.

Until the two don't merge, it will stay like that. MTA Bus driver are paid less then NYCT drivers, and there's also other things as well that NYCT has that MTA Bus doesn't. 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Because MTA Bus is like the little brother, hence it gets all the hand me downs.

Until the two don't merge, it will stay like that. MTA Bus driver are paid less then NYCT drivers, and there's also other things as well that NYCT has that MTA Bus doesn't. 

Yeah but the city subsidizes (MTA) Bus.  I thought they also gave them funds for new buses as well... 

Why does (MTA) Bus receive all of NYCT's garbage??  Doesn't the (MTA) receive monies for new buses for (MTA) Bus?

You have to remember that MTA Bus went from having the oldest fleet on the east coast, to a very modern one. Not only that, but most of the buses that go to MTAB are very well maintained. The hybrids go out of service a lot in Queens because they were not built for the high speed runs. They are getting 45 new low floors, 75 artics, and the hybrids are being re-powered. That only leaves the RTS and Orion buses that will be used as well. LaGuardia will always get hand-me-down RTS' until the last of them are ready to retire.

When MTA orders the next 700 buses in little more than a year, thing will be further updated, and MTAB will receive more buses.

You have to remember that MTA Bus went from having the oldest fleet on the east coast, to a very modern one. Not only that, but most of the buses that go to MTAB are very well maintained. The hybrids go out of service a lot in Queens because they were not built for the high speed runs. They are getting 45 new low floors, 75 artics, and the hybrids are being re-powered. That only leaves the RTS and Orion buses that will be used as well. LaGuardia will always get hand-me-down RTS' until the last of them are ready to retire.

When MTA orders the next 700 buses in little more than a year, thing will be further updated, and MTAB will receive more buses.

True, but that was the whole point of consolidating the private lines and putting everything under (MTA) Bus, so that they would receive better fleet, and not hand-me-downs.  

True, but that was the whole point of consolidating the private lines and putting everything under (MTA) Bus, so that they would receive better fleet, and not hand-me-downs.  

Receiving a better fleet in this case does actually include hand-me-downs. You have to consider the fact that MTA replaced the entire fleet of buses, increased service, and introduced artics. 

Those buses are still newer than the equipment MTAB had. Every depot with the exception of LaGuardia for the most part has newer buses. Eastchester is basically the only depot that needs new 40 foot buses, which are coming next year.

When the new artics arrive, more 40 footers will be available to go to other depots. 

As far as express buses, MTAB only needs about 32. SO things are pretty much covered on that end.

Receiving a better fleet in this case does actually include hand-me-downs. You have to consider the fact that MTA replaced the entire fleet of buses, increased service, and introduced artics. 

Those buses are still newer than the equipment MTAB had. Every depot with the exception of LaGuardia for the most part has newer buses. Eastchester is basically the only depot that needs new 40 foot buses, which are coming next year.

When the new artics arrive, more 40 footers will be available to go to other depots. 

As far as express buses, MTAB only needs about 32. SO things are pretty much covered on that end.

Yeah but isn't as if the (MTA) doesn't receive monies from the city for the service.  That was the whole point of the consolidation. The one question that I do have is are there are any maintenance quality issues between NYCT depots and (MTA) Bus Depots?  It's a known fact that some (MTA) Bus Depots have stellar maintenance (i.e. Yonkers, Eastchester, etc.) and some don't.

Preliminary Prevost Assignments that I still have to confirm.

Yukon 2490-2574 (85)
Ulmer 2575-2617 (42)
Charleston 2617-2674 (58)
Castleton 2675-2729 (55)
Charleston 2730-2789 (60)

Yeah but isn't as if the (MTA) doesn't receive monies from the city for the service. That was the whole point of the consolidation. The one question that I do have is are there are any maintenance quality issues between NYCT depots and (MTA) Bus Depots? It's a known fact that some (MTA) Bus Depots have stellar maintenance (i.e. Yonkers, Eastchester, etc.) and some don't.

What MTA gets from the city doesn't always cover all the costs for Bus Co. Then you have to take into account that some projects are joint ventures between NYCT and MTAB. So even with that being said, MTA has replaced the entire fleet with the exception of 6 MCI's, and upgraded systems and facilities.

A few used buses from NYCT and Bee-Line are nothing compared to what the TA has already accomplished.

Maintenance has gotten much better over the years. Especially in terms of LGA depot. Things vary from depot to depot, and those are always deciding factors when taking delivery of new buses.

So ENY are any XD40's heading back to Queens and Manhattan?

Im still confirming, but it looks like a yes for Manhattan with Mother Clara Hale and Quill. No for Queens Although talk had been of Jamaica, it looks like they will just get more Novas.

Edited by East New York

The only depot in Queens Division . If anyone know is that Queens Village Depot will receive Prevost . For their express bus route . What express bus route they have...

Do you know how to proof read what you write?

@ENY what a shame lol more of them small buses for routes like the Q27, Q46, Q43, and so on. Being that's the MTA changes their minds hopefully some xD40's head our way.

The only depot in Queens Division . If anyone know is that Queens Village Depot will receive Prevost . For their express bus route . What express bus route they have...

QV just had their entire express bus fleet replaced with new CTs not too long ago...

From What I heard ENY will get the XD40's first (I know thats already confirmed) then Jamaica Depot will be next in line for the New buses but I don't know how many, If Jamaica in fact does get XD40's, it would make sense because that's the only transit depot with most of the 96 novas

I Think Most of the Xd40's will be in Queens and Brooklyn as well as SI, I think the only bronx depot deserving to get the XD40's is kingsbridge, Gun Hill doesn't need em, they can get more hybirds to replace the Orion V's