Subway - What If?

VWM

How about this:

Due to a derailed (Q) train at 14th St, this caused the (N), (Q) and (R) to be suspended until further notice and the (L) skipped 14 St-Union Sq during midday and late nights. On the other hand, due to suspicious activity involving lots of trains in emergency brake on the (5)(7)(B) and (M) trains, the stations effected/nearby the activity are closed until clearance of these trains.

GO!

Edited by queenspapi

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about this:

Due to a derailed (Q) train at 14th St, this caused the (N), (Q) and (R) to be suspended until further notice and the (L) skipped 14 St-Union Sq during midday and late nights. On the other hand, due to suspicious activity involving lots of trains in emergency brake on the (5)(7)(B) and (M) trains, the stations effected/nearby the activity are closed until clearance of these trains.

GO!

(N)(Q): No service b/w Court Street and 57th Street-7th Avenue.

(R): Via 6th Avenue Local - 63rd Street.

Where are all the emergency brake trains? (99% unlikely to ever happen, but whatever).

I wanna do wallyhorses:

The Q and N work as round robin shuttles terminating at dekalb and switching and going onto the other side (Brighton to sea beach vice versa)

B is suspended

D runs to Atlantic ave Barclays where diesel engines wait to take the train across to grand

G suspended

F runs via G from ci with every 4th train terminating at york ave

R suspended in Brooklyn

E train runs via G terminating at church ave

No N/Q in Queens

R runs through QBL switches ends at the edge of the tunnel where the N/R merge and runs back to Astoria

M runs local then via F to Roosevelt Island

C trains suspended in bklyn

A trains run local with every 3rd running express to Jay st

A trains run in upper Manhattan (I'm assuming this is not affected) from columbus cir to its usual terminal

C trains run to Norwood via CPW local

Extra J/M service in bklyn for connecting passengers from g line

Z all day to meet capacity needs

Lirr cross honors fares

Shuttles from, Barclays, Queens Plaza, Jay, 59th st (to downtown)

All fares free

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Edited by NYSubwayBuff

I wanna do wallyhorses:

The Q and N work as round robin shuttles terminating at dekalb and switching and going onto the other side (Brighton to sea beach vice versa)

B is suspended

D runs to Atlantic ave Barclays where diesel engines wait to take the train across to grand

G suspended

F runs via G from ci with every 4th train terminating at york ave

R suspended in Brooklyn

E train runs via G terminating at church ave

No N/Q in Queens

R runs through QBL switches ends at the edge of the tunnel where the N/R merge and runs back to Astoria

M runs local then via F to Roosevelt Island

C trains suspended in bklyn

A trains run local with every 3rd running express to Jay st

A trains run in upper Manhattan (I'm assuming this is not affected) from columbus cir to its usual terminal

C trains run to Norwood via CPW local

Extra J/M service in bklyn for connecting passengers from g line

Z all day to meet capacity needs

Lirr cross honors fares

Shuttles from, Barclays, Queens Plaza, Jay, 59th st (to downtown)

All fares free

Edit J runs with Z all day M shuttle and increased L service for g line passengers not j/m

How about this:

GO!

(N)(Q): No service b/w Court Street and 57th Street-7th Avenue.

(R): Via 6th Avenue Local - 63rd Street.

Where are all the emergency brake trains? (99% unlikely to ever happen, but whatever).

Lol I meant 1 train set every line and never

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay. Here what I do with my own transit situation.

July 27th, 2018 (Fictional)

Another terrorist attack has occurred at the World Center Center! How would you reroute the (A), (C), (E), (R), (1), (2), (3), and PATH trains?

In fact, all services will be suspended.

After few weeks or few months of recoverly,

(1): No trains between South Ferry and 14th St, running express between Times Sq-42nd and 14th Sts.

(2): Trains run local in both direction.

(3): Trains run local in both direction.

(A)(C): Trains run on (F) between West 4th & Jay Sts in both direction.

(E): Trains rerouted over (F) line between West 4th St and 2nd Av.

(F)(M): Heavey delay.

(N)(R): Trains rerouted over Manhattan Bridge between Canal St and DeKalb Av.

PATH train: All service suspended.

Buses:

M5/M20: No service beyond Chambers St.

M22: No service west of Park Row.

All Express buses that serves Lower Manhattan will not operate along Broadway, Church St and West St. All buses rerouted over via Battery Place, State St, Water St, etc.

Acamdey Bus, Martz Trailways, NJ Transit Route 20 Buses: All buses operates on regular route, except all buses arrives/leaves from Port Authority Bus Terminal.

BPC Shuttle and PATH train service will be completeled suspended.

The NCAA championships are taking place in Madison Sq. Garden tonight. Plan for the extra crowds!!!

Run the (C) until 1. 

The (E) will run on rush hour headways until 12:30. The extra trains will go to 179th St. 

The (3) runs to New Lots until 1.

The (2) and (3) will run at their rush hour headways until 12:30.

The (1) will runs every 6 minutes until 12:30. 

The NCAA championships are taking place in Madison Sq. Garden tonight. Plan for the extra crowds!!!

Subways:

(2)(3): Additional express service to/from New Lots Av.

(7): Extra service.

(S): 42nd St Shuttle operates overnight.

(A): Trains run local.

(B): Trains run until 1:00.

(C): Trains run overnight until 1:00.

(E): Trains run local.

(M): Extra full service runs until 1:00.

(R): Extra full service runs until 1:00.

Buses:

M34 and M34A +Select Bus Service will operate overnight during this time.

LIRR:

Extra service provided to/from Penn Station on all lines.

MNRR:

Extra service provided to/from Grand Central.

New Jersey Transit

Trains and lightrails.

Extra service runs on all commuter lines until 2:30.

Buses:

Additional service runs on NJT and private carriers buses until 2:30.

NY Waterway:

Additional ferry service will be provided on all ferry routes from Pier 79.

As will actually happen this coming Friday (3/27).  Since the regional semis have a habit of running past midnight and even 1:00 AM at times, here's how I would do it:

(A) runs express in Manhattan and Brooklyn all night.

(B) runs until 3:45 AM on full route in both directions.

(C) runs all night on its full route and is extended after (A) service to Lefferts Boulevard would normally end there, replacing the late night (A) shuttle.

(D) runs express in Brooklyn until 3:45 AM

(E) runs express in Queens until 3:45 AM

(M) runs full route until 3:45 AM in both directions.

(Q) is extended to Ditmars Boulevard until 3:45 AM

(R) runs normal weekday service until normal end of such, then runs via the Manhattan Bridge all night PLUS runs a special single-track shuttle between DeKalb Avenue and Court Street until start of normal Saturday service.

(3) runs all night.

(4) runs express in Brooklyn

TS-GC (S) runs all night.

Edited by Wallyhorse

Next:

The President decides to come into town and do a round-trip ceremonial subway ride between 207th Street (A) station in Manhattan and the Coney Island (D) platform, making stops to campaign for elected officials along the way, all in the middle of PM rush hour because it's the only time he could do it.  Re-route as needed.

Next:

The President decides to come into town and do a round-trip ceremonial subway ride between 207th Street (A) station in Manhattan and the Coney Island (D) platform, making stops to campaign for elected officials along the way, all in the middle of PM rush hour because it's the only time he could do it.  Re-route as needed.

Wow. Wally has gone "Full Wally". This might be too crazy to warrant a response. I might have to drink a bottle of whiskey if I decide to play the drinking game.

But, since I'm bored, I'll do it:

1. No service along the (A) north of 59th and (D) south of there, including any parallel tracks.
  2. (A)(B)(C)(D)(E)(F)(M)(N)(Q)(R) service suspended where Obama's train runs on same/parallel tracks
  3. Manny B closed
  4. Senator Schumer's apartment building in Park Slope will be host to a protest of epic proportions, forcing him to launch a campaign to impeach Obama, as the millions of people unable to take the train will have swamped the streets of Park Slope
  5. New Yorkers will be so ticked at Obama's apathy that a Democrat will never again win New York's electoral votes
Edited by cl94

Next:

The President decides to come into town and do a round-trip ceremonial subway ride between 207th Street (A) station in Manhattan and the Coney Island (D) platform, making stops to campaign for elected officials along the way, all in the middle of PM rush hour because it's the only time he could do it. Re-route as needed.

Some (A) and (D) trains run CPW local. Expect delays.

(D) trains run down the West Side Local to W4 where they run along with the (F) to Coney Island

(B) service suspended

Extra (N), (R), and (C) service

Expect delays on the (Q) on the bridge.

Customers along the West End Line are advised to take shuttle buses or the nearby (N)

As will actually happen this coming Friday (3/27). Since the regional semis have a habit of running past midnight and even 1:00 AM at times, here's how I would do

I know, I wanted to go so bad. Interesting plans, thanks for the response

Edited by Quill Depot

Next:

I see that Obama is going the way of Chris Christie. In this case, obama's train will operate local in between the (C) trains on the CPW local, and will change over to the 6th avenue line, running the route of the (D), and using the middle express track on the West End line to Coney Island. Though personally, I would like him to take the (F) train there instead with other passengers. Also, I would bill him for all extra costs incurred by his "joyride", since I don't think public money should be used in campaigns.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting this back on topic:

Power is knocked out at Port Authority affecting all of the west side lines EXCEPT 6th Avenue at 42nd Street.

At the same time, a second Power outage at the World Trade Center knocks out all subway service EXCEPT for the Nassau Street line, the only line unaffected by this.

Reroute away!

Next:

Use the express bus, LIRR, Metro- North, or whatever the hell you need to get around, the subway is not preferable.

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

• 1 month later...

The MTA wants to fix the level junction at Myrtle Avenue. How should you reroute (J)  (M)  (Z)  trains?

Let's foam it up a bit.

Weekdays: 

(J) No Service Hewes Street- Chauncey Street (Service runs between Broad Street- Hewes Street &Chauncey- JAM)

(M) Trains run 71st Avenue- Jay Street Metrotech

(Z) Discontinued for the mean time

(D)(N): Southbound service runs local

(J) Shuttle Bus 

Hewes Street- Broadway Junction, makes all (J) stops 

Weekends:

(J): Service Chauncey Street- Jamaica Center

(M): Suspended

Shuttle Buses Run in 2 Sections

1. Willamsburg Plaza to Metropolitan Avenue (M)

2. Hewes Street to Chauncey Street (J)

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

The MTA wants to fix the level junction at Myrtle Avenue. How should you reroute (J)  (M)  (Z)  trains?

(J)(Z): No trains between Broadway Junction and Essex St. Skip-stop/Express and (Z) service suspended.

Runs in 2 sections.

1. Between Jamaica Center and Broadway Junction.

2. Between Essex St and 9th Av (D) Station via local.

(M): No trains between Broadway-Lafayette and Metropolitan Av-Myrtle Av. Trains rerouted over to Lower East Side-2nd Av.

Free shuttle buses operate as follows.

1. (J) Local Shuttle Buses operates Between Broadway Junction and Delancey-Essex Sts.

2. Express Shuttle Buses operate between Broadway Junction and 2nd Av-Lower East Side, stopping at Myrtle Av-Broadway, Broadway (G) Station, Marcy Av, Essex-Delancey Sts, and 2nd Av Station.

3. (M) Shuttle Buses operates between Metropolitan Av-Middle Village and 2nd Av (F) Station, making all stops.